300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Is there a way to contact the adjudicator handeling your investigation, or do you have to wait for them to contact you?
    There is no real way to know who they are unless they contact you. Like they say, no news is good news. If the adjudicator finds a problem then they will contact you. Most of the time your file is fine, but it's sitting in a huge pile on their desk and hasn't been reviewed. Your investigator does not know who your adjudicator is and MHC will not release information regarding backgrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
      Month Five BI pending BI Pending BI Pending........ I just emailed MHC just to check.

On another note does anybody know if you can own Hi cap Rifles, for personal use, in CA if you're law enforcement?

I ask because i own a Bushmaster M4, and my ghetto looking Romy semi AK.
      It would suck if i would have to sell them.

Good to hear people in the southwest getting call up.
      What POE did you choose Southwest?

Comment

• Any 941'ers heading to calexico poe?

Comment

• HELP NOPA Letter Recieved today

Received a NOPA letter for "delinquent city taxes" which is considered Dishonest Conduct (Financial Issues). Met with BI on 11/04/08 and he asked if I had any outstanding taxes I believe that I informed him that I owed 07 city taxes. The following day in inquired with the city tax office as to what I owed. To my astonishment I owed for 2 additional years at such time I paid all that was due. Fortunately my BI was still in the area and I provided him with that information a few days later. Evidently it didn't make to the right people. Now I have to write the Letter explaining everything. Any examples of effective NOPA letters would be greatly appreciated from anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
            Received a NOPA letter for "delinquent city taxes" which is considered Dishonest Conduct (Financial Issues). Met with BI on 11/04/08 and he asked if I had any outstanding taxes I believe that I informed him that I owed 07 city taxes. The following day in inquired with the city tax office as to what I owed. To my astonishment I owed for 2 additional years at such time I paid all that was due. Fortunately my BI was still in the area and I provided him with that information a few days later. Evidently it didn't make to the right people. Now I have to write the Letter explaining everything. Any examples of effective NOPA letters would be greatly appreciated from anyone.
            I don't think anyone can give you a "template" NOPA that will clear you. You just need to write a clear and concise account of what happened, why it happened, and how you corrected it. You need to explain why you didn't pay your taxes which might deem you unsuitable for working for the government.

Comment

• Just because somebody is bound to ask how the steps work once you reach an 11...

PHP Code:
              Advancement from...    Requires...    
              step 1 to step 2    52 weeks of creditable service at step 1    
              step 2 to step 3    52 weeks of creditable service at step 2    
              step 3 to step 4    52 weeks of creditable service in step 3    
              step 4 to step 5    104 weeks of creditable service in step 4    
              step 5 to step 6    104 weeks of creditable service in step 5    
              step 6 to step 7    104 weeks of creditable service in step 6    
              step 7 to step 8    156 weeks of creditable service in step 7    
              step 8 to step 9    156 weeks of creditable service in step 8    
              step 9 to step 10   156 weeks of creditable service in step 9 

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Hopefully, I'd like to actually see that i am officially in TSU. for many reasons Port Huron would be the ideal port for me. The traffic that way from my home is 100 times less jammed than towards detroit, my bro is a port huron city cop, i have like 10 friends that work there and thats the POE i originally was at back in '07.
                They offered me Detroit land, Metro Airport, PH and The Soo so hopefully that's what you get offered too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMac View Post
                  They offered me Detroit land, Metro Airport, PH and The Soo so hopefully that's what you get offered too.
                  Did you choose yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Did you choose yet?
                    Detroit land, I spoke to a bunch of CBPO at the career fair a couple weeks ago and came to the conclusion that I wanted Detroit land.

I report 3/16.
                    Report to FLETC on 4/22.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
                      NOPA template...this from the BP board at Delphi.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=36898.9

Obviously, this is written for a PA, adjust it accordingly.

***DISCLAIMER***

This somebody else's work. Use it as reference only. Don't be cutting and pasting it. The wording and feel of your NOPA should be you own. Use this a a guide...nothing more.

I would use a concise and professional business writing format (obviously). A clear and sensible flow of ideas keeps the reader engaged. A 4-page paragraph that doesn't break anywhere will lose someone's attention. Something like this:

To: CBP Security/Suitability Adjudicator(s)

Re: Response to Notice of Proposed Action/Suitability Concerns

Date: Today

To Whom It May Concern:

[Begin here. The Introduction is where you will encapsulate the entire letter, and it is also where you make your biggest impression. You want to restate the issues, set a remorseful tone, succinctly touch upon why you are reformed, and then end by leading into the first main paragraph. Take full responsibility for immature and childish behavior.] My name is Laredo Good Guy. I am an applicant for the position of Border Patrol Agent. I am writing in response to a Notice of Proposed Action Letter received 01DEC07. According to the letter, there are three incidents in my employment history that raise suitability concerns, and all three are examples of immature misconduct in the workplace. I intend to explain that during the time frame 2001-2003, I was, like many 19-21 year olds, a very immature and childish person. I take full responsibility for my lackluster job performance during this time frame, and I hope to prove to you that I have long since grown up and become an upstanding asset to my current organization. Please allow me to address the following incidents one at a time. [Of course, this is just an example. Modify and expand as needed. This is, however, a good paragraph length.]

Issue #1: Misconduct Allegation, February 2003.

a. Recap/explanation of incident. Set a remorseful tone. At least one paragraph.

b. Mitigating circumstances, i.e., much time has passed, I was immature, young, etc. Be sure to end by citing the highlights of 2004-08, your current employment, your professionalism at work, etc. Probably two paragraphs.

Issue #2: Misconduct Allegation, July 2002.

a. Recap/explanation of incident. Set a remorseful tone. At least one paragraph.

b. Mitigating circumstances, i.e., much time has passed, I was immature, young, etc. Be sure to end by citing the highlights of 2004-08, your current employment, your professionalism at work, etc. Probably two paragraphs.

Issue #3: Misconduct Allegation, February 2001.

[Now for the Conclusion. This is where you get to leave your mark, so to speak. Briefly remind the reader that you are embarrassed and extremely regretful of that time period in your life. Then place the emphasis on the future and your dream of becoming a BPA, of serving your country, of supporting the critical mission of stemming illegal immigration and the possible access of terrorists/WMDs into our great nation. The Laredo Guy of 2001-2003 was a post-college kid who didn't take any serious career path. Like many just away from home, you bounced from job to job, living a "fraternity" lifestyle that included bar-hopping and the occasional immature act from time to time. However, it has become your dream to serve in federal law enforcement, and you know that if given the chance, you would . . . .]

You get the idea. Just tell it like it is, and don't try to downplay the bad too much. Explain it, apologize, and ask for a second chance. I think they just want to know that your head is in the right place NOW, and has been for the last couple of years. End by thanking them for the opportunity to explain yourself, and sign off with "Respectfully."

Your outline and direction looks pretty good. I just thought it might help to have some sort of template. Best of luck . . . .

Jake

If you use it, it would be wise to stop over to Delphi. Look up the author of this piece "JakedSnake", let him know you referenced his work, and thank him for putting it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMac View Post
                        Detroit land, I spoke to a bunch of CBPO at the career fair a couple weeks ago and came to the conclusion that I wanted Detroit land.

I report 3/16.
                        Report to FLETC on 4/22.
                        Very cool, i know a guy there i was at fletc with. thank God they didnt only offer the Soo!

Comment

• Another NOPA template...again from the BP guys at Delphi.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...s?msg=38880.32

Same rules apply here too, don't steal the guy's work...reference it only.

Once done go to the Delphi board and thanks the guy for putting it out for you as a guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post
                            You do push up and pull ups at FLETC....BUT, it depends on the instructor that u have...But you will do them at some point..they dont expect u to be able to do a lot of them..u can get away with about 5 at a time
                            Are you for real??? Someone can get away with only 5 push ups at a time? I was worried about my ability but that sounds like a duck walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                              Are you for real??? Someone can get away with only 5 push ups at a time? I was worried about my ability but that sounds like a duck walk.
                              She might have been only referring to the pull-ups. You should be able to at least hammer out 20 pushups with little to no difficulty.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                                She might have been only referring to the pull-ups. You should be able to at least hammer out 20 pushups with little to no difficulty.
                                Agreed. I do stints of 20 all day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12202 users online. 231 members and 11971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X