300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    A lot of calls have gone out for Michigan recently so you might not be in TSU all that long. Do you have a preference?
    Hopefully, I'd like to actually see that i am officially in TSU. for many reasons Port Huron would be the ideal port for me. The traffic that way from my home is 100 times less jammed than towards detroit, my bro is a port huron city cop, i have like 10 friends that work there and thats the POE i originally was at back in '07.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Hey guys/gals, just wanted to give you a heads up on using the GI Bill for FLETC training. This is from my own experience. When i was in CBPI training i didnt think of using my GI Bill til i was already down in Georgia. I tried twice but must have been filling out somethingwrong because i got denied twice. Make sure you get everything filled out completely, correctly and submitted before you leave for FLETC. I was more than disappointed that i missed out on what basically added up to an extra paycheck every month because i didnt do my forms right. If anyone gets the correct forms and gets approved, please post the details so the rest of us vets can get or money!
      WHAT!!!! Do you have a VA rep at your port?

Well, first off, you need a VA rep from CBP, somewhere somehow. The first thing you do is too fill out VA form 22-1990 if you have never recieved benifits before or 22-1995 if you have used them before. Or, and I have no experience with this but there is an online registration that has started. It's located at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp

You are not going to miss out on any benefits. You will be back paid from the day you started. I didn't do my paper work until I returned from FLETC and a few months after I did it, 5k in the bank, booo yaaay.

There are also a few Vets/Retirees/Reservists that are coordinators at FLETC and they can help. My buddy down there did his while at FLETC, he just had to do a little faxing at lunch time.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
        WHAT!!!! Do you have a VA rep at your port?

Well, first off, you need a VA rep from CBP, somewhere somehow. The first thing you do is too fill out VA form 22-1990 if you have never recieved benifits before or 22-1995 if you have used them before. Or, and I have no experience with this but there is an online registration that has started. It's located at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp

You are not going to miss out on any benefits. You will be back paid from the day you started. I didn't do my paper work until I returned from FLETC and a few months after I did it, 5k in the bank, booo yaaay.

There are also a few Vets/Retirees/Reservists that are coordinators at FLETC and they can help. My buddy down there did his while at FLETC, he just had to do a little faxing at lunch time.

Hope this helps
        Yeah thats great info. The only reason i mention about the port was that someone on here posted that they were gonna do his forms at pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
          I just received a letter about my unsuitability for employment stating I have 30 days from the date the letter was issued to explain the issue that arose in my background investigation. The issue is dealing with my wife who is in the citizenship process.

The letter states I am allowed to hire representation for this matter, so my question is, does anyone have a good lawyer that deals with these particular cases? This job is important enough to me so that I would hire legal council to solidify my response and make sure that my case is air-tight, so to speak. I have heard of people writing pages back to DHS and in my opinion that is not what they are looking for; they seem to want facts and a short, streamlined response that can be processed quickly. I have documentation to refute what they are stating and nothing is out of line, but there is a questionnaire that was provided and I am being asked to attach documentation for things, which I can. However, I would think someone more familiar with this might know how to come at in a more perfect manner.

SO, yay nor nay on lawyer to handle the response package? Or is a short, well written response with solid documentation enough to be sure?
          You have two choices. If it's a simple answer, like "my wife is a Legal Permanent Resident who is going through the citizenship process, her Alien # is xxxxxxxx, her date of LPR status is xxxxxx, she filed out her paper work xxxxxx." See where I'm going?

But if say your wife has previous overstays on a non-immigrant visa, entered illegally and returned or something like that, then it's bad news for a future immigration law enforcement officer.

If you can write well, I mean college level paper well, then you should be able to answer this yourself. I believe that a lawyer is going to be a waste of money, because if it's bad enough to need one, you might want to look at other jobs.

Comment

Yeah thats great info. The only reason i mention about the port was that someone on here posted that they were gonna do his forms at pre-academy.
            You can do them pre, during or post academy. You have to a year to do them and get paid for the whole time. GI BILL is supposed to be a reimbursement program.

Comment

You can do them pre, during or post academy. You have to a year to do them and get paid for the whole time. GI BILL is supposed to be a reimbursement program.
              My real question is what do you put for accredited university or school (however its worded)?

Comment

Hey guys, my CASS updated today to the following:

You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

Anyone else get this message?
                Yep - I got that one. In my case it was like that for a week or so and then it changed to the "referred to TSU message".

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  Jay

What was your selected location? I haven't been in the TSU line for very long, 12 days. Sounds like you got lucky. Congrats
                  TPA3312,

My entire process took 1 year and two months till I got my offer to Otay Mesa POE...Medical took 90 days (Lasik Surgery), BI took 7 months and quals took the longest the entire duration of the hiring process. I waited a long time ,
                  To everyone use this thread it can help you through get though the process. I have been reading everything on this thread since December 2007 from medical, BI, and quals, with the current CBPO & others going through the hiring process, there is a wealth of information on this thread......Good Luck to you all.

Jay
                  CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
                  Test date 12/07
                  EOD: 3/2/09
                  FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

My real question is what do you put for accredited university or school (however its worded)?
                    You don't. There is a block to check for On the Job Training/Apprenticeship. Then if it asks for a school just put CBP, then your Service Ports address.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1967gta View Post
                      Yep - I got that one. In my case it was like that for a week or so and then it changed to the "referred to TSU message".
                      Good deal, hopefully by next week or if i'm lucky i'll get called before i ever see that message!

Comment

You don't. There is a block to check for On the Job Training/Apprenticeship. Then if it asks for a school just put CBP, then your Service Ports address.
                        Okay, very good. Just wanna make sure im on the ball this time. How much bread do you get a month for this training?

Comment

Okay, very good. Just wanna make sure im on the ball this time. How much bread do you get a month for this training?
                          Depends. You will get 75% of full college rate, whatever that ends up. I get a little extra because I'm in the National Guard still. I think the first 4 or 5 months I was getting $1250 a month. It goes down a little each quarter of a year.

Comment

Depends. You will get 75% of full college rate, whatever that ends up. I get a little extra because I'm in the National Guard still. I think the first 4 or 5 months I was getting $1250 a month. It goes down a little each quarter of a year.
                            Damn, i was thinking $600-$800 or so. Im in the Guard presently also.

Comment

• CASS is addictive!!!
                              i got one green check already!!!!! GREAT!!! lol
                              6 more to go!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                                CASS is addictive!!!
                                i got one green check already!!!!! GREAT!!! lol
                                6 more to go!!!
                                Yeah its like trying to get 6 numbers and the power ball in the lottery. You keep checking the paper til the day you hit all 7!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9013 users online. 279 members and 8734 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X