300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
    Any from the Houston area or does it just say TX?
    all are from El Paso and one person from Houston..

Comment

• Got the call today. Detroit land border, EOD is 3/16 and report to FLETC on 4/22.

Test: 07/24/08
      TO: 09/25/08 Michigan
      Forms: Completed 10/04/08
      Med: Completed 12/17/08
      Drug Test: Completed 11/20/08
      Fitness: Completed 10/14/08
      VBT: Completed 11/18/08
      BI: Completed 11/28/08
      Qualifications: Completed 12/29/08

Comment

• Dude! that sounds awesome. I'm going to call my contact person tomorrow and see what she says in regards to the G.I Bill. Thanks, my wife has already made plans for that extra cash...it looks like she'll be off to the mall!! LOL! Thanks for the good news! See you in April

p.s Starting Fall '09 your spouse/dependant can use your G.I Bill. VA will pay all of the tuition and allot $1000 for books.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
          all are from El Paso and one person from Houston..
          Thanks for the info and congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
            Dude! that sounds awesome. I'm going to call my contact person tomorrow and see what she says in regards to the G.I Bill. Thanks, my wife has already made plans for that extra cash...it looks like she'll be off to the mall!! LOL! Thanks for the good news! See you in April

p.s Starting Fall '09 your spouse/dependant can use your G.I Bill. VA will pay all of the tuition and allot $1000 for books.
            FINALLY! Serving my country paid off LOL.
            N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
            Passed:Medical (1/2009)
            Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
            Passed(2:50):JST
            Passed:Mini-Medical
            January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
            Medical: Passed
            PT Test: Passed
            Qualifications GS7: Done
            VBT: Passed
            Backround: Done
            Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
            Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
            Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
            CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMac View Post
              Got the call today. Detroit land border, EOD is 3/16 and report to FLETC on 4/22.

Test: 07/24/08
              TO: 09/25/08 Michigan
              Forms: Completed 10/04/08
              Med: Completed 12/17/08
              Drug Test: Completed 11/20/08
              Fitness: Completed 10/14/08
              VBT: Completed 11/18/08
              BI: Completed 11/28/08
              Qualifications: Completed 12/29/08
              When did you get forwarded to TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                BP doesnt make as much as CBPO's yo guys should know that. I think theres a lot of sensitive future LEOs on this forum. I will refrain from giving my opinion in fear of crushing someones dreams.
                I don't doubt that's true for you and others in and around SYS, but there's plenty of ports(maybe even a majority) and plenty of areas around the country where CBPO's typically don't out-earn BPA's; depending on the circumstances some CBPO's are falling 20K or more short of what the PA's next door make.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1967gta View Post
                  When did you get forwarded to TSU?
                  January 15th

Comment

• GI for CBP

Hey guys/gals, just wanted to give you a heads up on using the GI Bill for FLETC training. This is from my own experience. When i was in CBPI training i didnt think of using my GI Bill til i was already down in Georgia. I tried twice but must have been filling out somethingwrong because i got denied twice. Make sure you get everything filled out completely, correctly and submitted before you leave for FLETC. I was more than disappointed that i missed out on what basically added up to an extra paycheck every month because i didnt do my forms right. If anyone gets the correct forms and gets approved, please post the details so the rest of us vets can get or money!

Comment

• I have Verizon..thats who I had at the time of FLETC over 1 yr ago... and I had service, but it was in and out...Worked better near the window...sometimes if I didnt have my cell in the right spot, my husband would call me and I didnt know...So finally when I got a hold of him, he told me he was worried....SO yes, make sure u keep the phone in 1 place in your room...and since u r double bunking now..I WOULD make sure that I got the window bed!!!!!!!!!! or else u r far away from the room....

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                        I hear you and I am working on it so I need to suck it up and start going to the gym at least 5 days a wk to build up my endurance. I guess I need to increase my speed. So do I need to worry about push and pull ups right now or what?

You do push up and pull ups at FLETC....BUT, it depends on the instructor that u have...But you will do them at some point..they dont expect u to be able to do a lot of them..u can get away with about 5 at a time

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                          wow is this the job I'm going to pursue when cbpo's talk trash to eachother and play that high school crap about how their port is better than everyone else's?sounds like being in the military all over again and I hated that aspect of my military career. I'm sorry but grow the [email protected]@k up!
                          HAHAHA--- there is DRAMA at EVERY job!! get used to it!!!! Happens at my port too---have to be better than the rest.This IS NOT the military...Most CBPO's will NOT stick up for you....Turn their back on you...

Comment

• "I just received a letter about my unsuitability for employment stating I have 30 days from the date the letter was issued to explain the issue that arose in my background investigation. The issue is dealing with my wife who is in the citizenship process.

The letter states I am allowed to hire representation for this matter, so my question is, does anyone have a good lawyer that deals with these particular cases? This job is important enough to me so that I would hire legal council to solidify my response and make sure that my case is air-tight, so to speak. I have heard of people writing pages back to DHS and in my opinion that is not what they are looking for; they seem to want facts and a short, streamlined response that can be processed quickly. I have documentation to refute what they are stating and nothing is out of line, but there is a questionnaire that was provided and I am being asked to attach documentation for things, which I can. However, I would think someone more familiar with this might know how to come at in a more perfect manner.

SO, yay nor nay on lawyer to handle the response package? Or is a short, well written response with solid documentation enough to be sure?"

I have seen this happen to people..I would hire a lawyer..a guy in my class at FLETC prior to going he had to...It took him 3 yrs to fight it and finally won...so yes, a lawyer is a great idea... Becuase they want to make sure that your wife is legal because she is in between getting her citizenship...I HAVE seen it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              Is it already hot in GA?
                              I went there in April that was my start date last year... It was awful!!! just starting then!! It gets bad humidity...So hot that it is HARD to breath when you are running..and of course with the humidity comes the nats and the Bugs---ughh--they like to BITE!!!!! of course FLETC was built on a swamp..Saved the gov't monies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post
                                I went there in April that was my start date last year... It was awful!!! just starting then!! It gets bad humidity...So hot that it is HARD to breath when you are running..and of course with the humidity comes the nats and the Bugs---ughh--they like to BITE!!!!! of course FLETC was built on a swamp..Saved the gov't monies!!!
                                Before FLETC was even thought of, it use to be an old Naval Base back in the 40's.
                                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4386 users online. 225 members and 4161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X