300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtmo25 View Post
    I received a NOR..no TO yet. I thought that if I changed my location that I might get a faster response.
    What did you score? Changing your location could influence whether or not you receive a TO. If you wait for the new announcement you could always test again and improve your chances of getting a TO for NJ.

Comment

• I scored an 85 on the test...I'm not really deadset on NJ as my location. I just want to get in somewhere.
      ICE IEA
      GEO PREFERENCE -Newark, NJ
      WRITTEN-5/15/08 Passed
      TO- 10/28/08
      MEDICAL/PHYSICAL-2/6/09 Passed
      DRUG TEST - 3/13/09 Passed
      OB-4/30/09 Passed
      BI-

Comment

I scored an 85 on the test...I'm not really deadset on NJ as my location. I just want to get in somewhere.
        Well you could always switch to one of the critical needs locations. It really depends if you would want to relocate to those areas.

Comment

I scored an 85 on the test...I'm not really deadset on NJ as my location. I just want to get in somewhere.
          You might have better luck applying to BIG POE's like Miami, LA, or the SW border... since you have not received a TO you can change your geographic preference at any time, if I'm not mistaken, just call MHC and find out if you can do this or if you have to wait for an open period. An 85 is by no means a LOW score, but if the POE you applied to has limited slots and they are filled by applicants that scored higher than you...you're out of luck!...Cause it'll keep happening until they reach your score to send out TO's. Bigger ports have more spots available, and even though you might run into a similar situation with scores... IMO you would get a TO faster... but you never know how the dice rolls.
          Call MHC and find out what your options are, Good Luck!
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
            Are you moving from NYC to South Florida with your family? I ask because I am actually doing the same thing from Chicago.
            yes I am. So where are you looking to live?
            N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
            Passed:Medical (1/2009)
            Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
            Passed(2:50):JST
            Passed:Mini-Medical
            January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
            Medical: Passed
            PT Test: Passed
            Qualifications GS7: Done
            VBT: Passed
            Backround: Done
            Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
            Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
            Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
            CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              I'll know in a few weeks... my adjudicator already wrote up the report and the supervisor told me last Friday that he would be done with it yesterday (Wednesday), and send it up through the chain... So I do know that as long as I keep showing up on CASS and the Hotline I'm good!...
              No kidding! I check every other day, and I still show up, so thats a good sign. Looks like we have the same timeline. I tested Nov. 07 and everything is cleared except for BI. I did not receive a NOPA though. I just checked today, and CASS states that my medical and fitness have expired, so I have to re-do it! Hopefully everything goes smooth, and we get the call soon.

Comment

• If you want to see what CBP is really about come to San Ysidro, Air port CBPO's are stamp monkeys and seaport cbpos talk to containers. Any SW border POE will give you an idea of what cbp is about. Seriously SW border CBPOs are a different breed and what we/I learned in FLETC didnt prepare me for Ysidro.

PM me if you want to know more
                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                  If you want to see what CBP is really about come to San Ysidro, Air port CBPO's are stamp monkeys and seaport cbpos talk to containers. Any SW border POE will give you an idea of what cbp is about. Seriously SW border CBPOs are a different breed and what we/I learned in FLETC didnt prepare me for Ysidro.

PM me if you want to know more
                  So, what you are telling us is that you have been to all of the hundreds of ports around the world. That is how you know they are all "stamp monkeys" and "talk to containers". If San Ysidro is so much above us then maybe you were looking for the "Super Hero Thread" or the "Justice League Forum". I didnt realize you guys were so much better than the rest of us.

Comment

• has anyone called the hotline today? I called and it got crazy and would not recognize my voice. Anyone have the same problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      has anyone called the hotline today? I called and it got crazy and would not recognize my voice. Anyone have the same problem?
                      That happens to me sometimes, always be aware of background noise. It's especially sensitive to when your outside in the wind, for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                        yes I am. So where are you looking to live?
                        I actually will be working for Miami Airport or Seaport but I do plan on staying somewhere in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale area) and just commuting. I'm from Chicago so I'm used to traffic and long commutes. I'm still trying to find somewhere to stay for pre-academy training.
                        Last edited by trappb; 02-25-2009, 12:08 PM.
                        Miami by way of Chicago
                        Test 8/4/08
                        TO 11/13/08
                        Drug Test 11/13/08
                        VBT 12/11/08
                        Physical 12/16/08
                        Qual 1/10/09
                        Met BI 1/5/09
                        BI cleared 2/19/09
                        TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          That happens to me sometimes, always be aware of background noise. It's especially sensitive to when your outside in the wind, for some reason.
                          Spoken like a guy who calls as often I as I do. 5 months to the day since my BI.
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• Different Breed at San Ysidro

Yeah we're such a different breed down here, thats why new people have been quitting in droves since 06/07 after only a year or two on the job.

They will never teach you in the Academy the human toll due to making a GS-5/7 nearly max out on OT in a FY.

It takes a 5 two doubles (16 OT hours) to make what I make in 8 OT hours (one double).

If you can't hang the first three years, your toast

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                              So, what you are telling us is that you have been to all of the hundreds of ports around the world. That is how you know they are all "stamp monkeys" and "talk to containers". If San Ysidro is so much above us then maybe you were looking for the "Super Hero Thread" or the "Justice League Forum". I didnt realize you guys were so much better than the rest of us.
                              Seriously with your comment I know that you work at an airport and you stamp I94s all day.

And no I haven't been to all the ports in the world, impossible because I work full time.

My opinion is that TSA at airports could be taught immigration and how to stamp, Airport CBPOs shouldn't be considered LE.
                              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                Spoken like a guy who calls as often I as I do. 5 months to the day since my BI.
                                4 months here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10013 users online. 370 members and 9643 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X