Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for responding you guys (audio and barnaj) its just that when you are unemployed you have nothing but time and that is when you go crazy. I just applied for TSA and some others and I also have an interview to be an EMT so which ever one comes through first I will snap it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
      Thanks for responding you guys (audio and barnaj) its just that when you are unemployed you have nothing but time and that is when you go crazy. I just applied for TSA and some others and I also have an interview to be an EMT so which ever one comes through first I will snap it up.
      Yeah the waiting sucks. You're not alone there, hope you find work soon.

Comment

• Removed by owner
        Last edited by TPA3312; 04-23-2009, 08:04 AM.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• oh yea just wanted to say hi to everyone thats going through the process. i applied to la/long beach area, took the test dec 08, received my TO in Feb, just filled out the pre-employment forms and sent out last week, now just waiting for the next step.

Comment

• Thanks guys, found the ID number, it is what I thought it was.

Man, Im glad Im not alone in the "got nothing to do but get into/stay in shape" category. Just did my VBT yesterday. Havent done any other step yet. Hopefully it'll all come in one after another.
            Test: 12/8/08
            EOD: June 22, 2009
            Class 960
            FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
              Yeah, I'm in the same boat with nothing to do but sit around at home and keep training. All I can do is keep the faith something will come though, and keep excersising to stay in shape. At least I won't have to worry about PT during FLETC and just academics.
              I am the other way around, academics will not be a problem but the PT will.
              Although I am not working I am not motivated to go to the gym the way I would like to. I exercise 3 time a week and I still can not do pushups or do the 1.5 in 15min. I am not a runner but I am currently at 1.5 @17min or 2.5 @30min and that sucks but I am getting there. Maybe when my stuff clears I will be more motivated and get my rear in gear. Anyone have any pushup or run techniques to share?

Comment

Although I am not working I am not motivated to go to the gym the way I would like to. I exercise 3 time a week and I still can not do pushups or do the 1.5 in 15min. I am not a runner but I am currently at 1.5 @17min or 2.5 @30min and that sucks but I am getting there. Maybe when my stuff clears I will be more motivated and get my rear in gear. Anyone have any pushup or run techniques to share?
                Practice makes perfect with both of those. The more you do them, the better you get. I'd really start working on your running, you'll test your first few days at FLETC. You'll have another opportunity later to pass if you fail but you don't want to mess around with PT. You don't want to be fired because you didn't prepare enough for the run.

Comment

• Just wanted to add also that if you're not use to running in heat or humidity then you really want to get yourself under the time limit. You could almost add an extra 2 minutes to your time because of the heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    Practice makes perfect with both of those. The more you do them, the better you get. I'd really start working on your running, you'll test your first few days at FLETC. You'll have another opportunity later to pass if you fail but you don't want to mess around with PT. You don't want to be fired because you didn't prepare enough for the run.
                    I hear you and I am working on it so I need to suck it up and start going to the gym at least 5 days a wk to build up my endurance. I guess I need to increase my speed. So do I need to worry about push and pull ups right now or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Just wanted to add also that if you're not use to running in heat or humidity then you really want to get yourself under the time limit. You could almost add an extra 2 minutes to your time because of the heat.
                      It was a rude awakening for me the difference between running indoors and outdoors. I used to run on a treadmill at my local gym and had no problems in the A/C. But once I started running in the Florida heat, I could easily tell the difference. Being a criminology graduate the classes are not going to be a problem, but I would rather be spending my freetime at FLETC studing then running to ensure I meet all graduation requirements.

The way I feel the only part of FLETC I can prep for now is PT. I have no idea what the academics will be.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Even though you are not a runner there are other activities you can do to get into shape. I'm not a runner as well but I do play basketball and enjoy it very much. Instead of just playing around I find myself using it as a way of preparing myself for PT at FLETC (i.e. running and cutting at full speed and running back to play hard on defense)

Push ups: Work on your form first, strengthen you core muscles (abs and back mostly) this will help your form, do as many push ups with good form until fail then repeat after resting for about 10-15 or even 20 mins. You will see your #'s increase.

If I had "nothing to do" I'd be doing ANYTHING/EVERYTHING possible to make sure I am ahead of the game.

Personally it is unacceptable to be unprepared for the journey ahead, I KNEW WHAT I GOT MYSELF INTO WHEN I APPLIED AS SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                          Even though you are not a runner there are other activities you can do to get into shape. I'm not a runner as well but I do play basketball and enjoy it very much. Instead of just playing around I find myself using it as a way of preparing myself for PT at FLETC (i.e. running and cutting at full speed and running back to play hard on defense)

Push ups: Work on your form first, strengthen you core muscles (abs and back mostly) this will help your form, do as many push ups with good form until fail then repeat after resting for about 10-15 or even 20 mins. You will see your #'s increase.

If I had "nothing to do" I'd be doing ANYTHING/EVERYTHING possible to make sure I am ahead of the game.

Personally it is unacceptable to be unprepared for the journey ahead, I KNEW WHAT I GOT MYSELF INTO WHEN I APPLIED AS SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE.
                          Got it, that is what I needed to hear.....I feel motivated believe it or not.
                          when I go back in the morning I will definately find a machine that works my back and core muscles. Again thanks alot.

Comment

• I need some opinions here guys. I received my TO back in July 08 for the New Jersey area but still haven't heard anything. Would it be advantageous for me to change my geographic preference to someplace like lets say Philadelphia?
                            ICE IEA
                            GEO PREFERENCE -Newark, NJ
                            WRITTEN-5/15/08 Passed
                            TO- 10/28/08
                            MEDICAL/PHYSICAL-2/6/09 Passed
                            DRUG TEST - 3/13/09 Passed
                            OB-4/30/09 Passed
                            BI-

Comment

• Originally posted by jtmo25 View Post
                              I need some opinions here guys. I received my TO back in July 08 for the New Jersey area but still haven't heard anything. Would it be advantageous for me to change my geographic preference to someplace like lets say Philadelphia?
                              TO or NOR? Have you completed anything other than the test?

Comment

• I received a NOR..no TO yet. I thought that if I changed my location that I might get a faster response.
                                ICE IEA
                                GEO PREFERENCE -Newark, NJ
                                WRITTEN-5/15/08 Passed
                                TO- 10/28/08
                                MEDICAL/PHYSICAL-2/6/09 Passed
                                DRUG TEST - 3/13/09 Passed
                                OB-4/30/09 Passed
                                BI-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8584 users online. 389 members and 8195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X