300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
    questions about the internet at fletc, i was wondering if it would be better to purchase that verizon wireless mobile broadband while attending fletc?
    I have a iPhone so I don't have to worry. It's a very cool device. I have read that some people don't recommend bringing a laptop since you would have to carry it around everywhere. But others have said computer access is fairly limited. But I have also read the internet traffic is highly monitored, so it's best to stay off the FLETC network for personal things. Before I got my phone I was thinking about internet cell service for a laptop, but I didn't want to get locked into a contract for a service I would only use during training.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      I have a iPhone so I don't have to worry. It's a very cool device. I have read that some people don't recommend bringing a laptop since you would have to carry it around everywhere. But others have said computer access is fairly limited. But I have also read the internet traffic is highly monitored, so it's best to stay off the FLETC network for personal things. Before I got my phone I was thinking about internet cell service for a laptop, but I didn't want to get locked into a contract for a service I would only use during training.
      I have an iPhone as well...does 3g work well down there?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
        this is it guys! leaving to fletc tomorrow morning!
        Hey ! Good luck!! Its official...I took Port Everglades!! C-Ya April 15th!!
        N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
        Passed:Medical (1/2009)
        Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
        Passed(2:50):JST
        Passed:Mini-Medical
        January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
        Medical: Passed
        PT Test: Passed
        Qualifications GS7: Done
        VBT: Passed
        Backround: Done
        Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
        Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
        Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
        CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
          I have an iPhone as well...does 3g work well down there?
          From the AT&T coverage map it looks like 3G will be available and pretty strong. But I am also curious to hear first-hand from a person at FLETC how the service actually is. I am also curious to hear what the cellphone policy is at FLETC. From the FLETC student website, they sound like they are fairly strict to discourage student cheating and photos of trainees from leaking out.
          Attached Files

Comment

• just received a letter stating that my qualifications are now complete! Qualified for GS7 and everything is completed. CASS still states that my qualifications are still pending so I'll just have to wait for that to update as well. Just have to wait for the call now.
            CBPO- Hawaii
            Written: 07/31/08
            TO: 09/23/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
            Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
            Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
            Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
            VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
            BI: Completed (2/19/09)
            Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
            Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
            TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
              Thanks for all your help guys I truly appreciate it especially since I have until tomorrow to make my mind up.
              Are you moving from NYC to South Florida with your family? I ask because I am actually doing the same thing from Chicago.
              Miami by way of Chicago
              Test 8/4/08
              TO 11/13/08
              Drug Test 11/13/08
              VBT 12/11/08
              Physical 12/16/08
              Qual 1/10/09
              Met BI 1/5/09
              BI cleared 2/19/09
              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

From the AT&T coverage map it looks like 3G will be available and pretty strong. But I am also curious to hear first-hand from a person at FLETC how the service actually is. I am also curious to hear what the cellphone policy is at FLETC. From the FLETC student website, they sound like they are fairly strict to discourage student cheating and photos of trainees from leaking out.
                Not really. They obviously dont want them going off during class, and they have to be off and in your book bag during tests. Other than that you can use them whenever.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is any hiring going on for the state of Georgia?
                  I have a TO but it seems like everything is standing still no drug test yet, no VBT results and nothing from my BI. I also notice that not many people are being called from the southeast, maybe I should change my location or something. Anyone with any insight please give me something to chew on.
                  anyone.....anyone....

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Not really. They obviously dont want them going off during class, and they have to be off and in your book bag during tests. Other than that you can use them whenever.
                    What about AT&T? Good or bad signal?

Comment

What about AT&T? Good or bad signal?
                      I have verizon. The service is good everywhere but in the taj dorms and around the pool between the buildings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                        Does anyone know if there is any hiring going on for the state of Georgia?
                        I have a TO but it seems like everything is standing still no drug test yet, no VBT results and nothing from my BI. I also notice that not many people are being called from the southeast, maybe I should change my location or something. Anyone with any insight please give me something to chew on.
                        anyone.....anyone....
                        How long since your t.o.?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          How long since your t.o.?
                          It was in 10/08 followed by med/fit in 11/08 and VBT on 1/22/09
                          tell me, am I screwed or something?

Comment

That seems like a pretty normal schedule. I wouldn't be worried.

Comment

You should not worry too much, its just a game of waiting. Me and many others have had BI's or other steps pending for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                                Whats your applicant ID? Is it on my TO?
                                It should be on the upper right hand corner of your Tentative Selection letter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5747 users online. 344 members and 5403 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X