Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea if you have a history of using you should report it. Because you could not be suitable for the position.

Comment

• I work with CBPO's everyday and these guys have it made. I hope that you get your NOPA cleared. Good luck Merlin, Im only worried about credit history, my Background investigator said he would do his best to refer me to Washington after meeting all my references.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
        So the last time you did some pot was in 2002, and it is now 2009, I think that's 7 years not 9. You must have been really stoned when you wrote this.
        doh, typeo that part of my past is long gone. thankfully i got over it while i was still young. anway in the NOPA it specifically asks me to state the frequency in which i used marijuana during that time. just as i thought. im sure this will get sorted out but it just bums me out because it seems like everyone who has tested the same time as me is either at FLETC or already has a class scheduled while im still waiting for my drug screening to get scheduled and my background to clear. ive had a NOPA before as well as a few other mishaps during my process that has set me back months and months. all these speed bumps kind of suck but hopefully ill get there soon. itll be worth the wait.

Comment

• i am back!! was @ vegas in a business trip... did i miss anything? just FYI.. i will have my medical, VBT, and fitness all done in the same day!! happy! so.. everything is going on time!! can't wait till everything is over!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
            Hey thanks Yoda!! I think i'm going to take Port Everglades because the pay will be more since Ft. Lauderdale area gets a COLA and because umm ITS FT. LAUDERDALE!!
            Make sure you get Miami (COLA) for Port Everglades, remember that Ft. Lauderdale IS as expansive as Miami to live in... and a Sea Port will not have as many opportunities for OT as an International Airport like Miami, Tampa and Orlando.
            If you're single...Ft. Lauderdale is right next to MIA and a ridiculous amount of HOTTIES... just don't get caught up on the party life down there.
            Best of luck at your New Port, and at FLETC!...

BTW
            If your POE is not listed in the COLA table, then you get REST of U.S. COLA...
            Last edited by yoda; 02-24-2009, 12:19 AM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Make sure you get Miami (COLA) for Port Everglades, remember that Ft. Lauderdale IS as expansive as Miami to live in... and a Sea Port will not have as many opportunities for OT as an International Airport like Miami, Tampa and Orlando.
              If you're single...Ft. Lauderdale is right next to MIA and a ridiculous amount of HOTTIES... just don't get caught up on the party life down there.
              Best of luck at your New Port, and at FLETC!...
              according to the pay charts in CASS, the COLA is the same for miami,ft. lauderdale, and pompano beach. I just wonder what the top pay is since the pay scale goes up to GS-15.Yea although im young I have a wife n two kids lol but hey theres tons of stuff to do there and my wife is determined to get a job when we get there. I def let you know how everything goes and hope to meet you soon in Florida!
              N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
              Passed:Medical (1/2009)
              Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
              Passed(2:50):JST
              Passed:Mini-Medical
              January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
              Medical: Passed
              PT Test: Passed
              Qualifications GS7: Done
              VBT: Passed
              Backround: Done
              Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
              Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
              Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
              CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

Hey thanks Yoda!! I think i'm going to take Port Everglades because the pay will be more since Ft. Lauderdale area gets a COLA and because umm ITS FT. LAUDERDALE!!
                No place in the continental US receives a COLA. COLA’s only come into play in Alaska, HI, and other oversea locations. It’s locality pay you talking of.

http://www.opm.gov/flsa/oca/09tables/indexGS.asp

The difference between Fort Lauderdale base pay and the RUS base pay is about 3K for a GS11. Depending on the availability of OT and shift premium pay in F.L., I could easily see someone having the opportunity to make more $$$ elsewhere in FL...given the right circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  No place in the continental US receives a COLA. COLA’s only come into play in Alaska, HI, and other oversea locations. It’s locality pay you talking of.
                  Yea sorry thats what I meant.

http://www.opm.gov/flsa/oca/09tables/indexGS.asp

The difference between Fort Lauderdale base pay and the RUS base pay is about 3K for a GS11. Depending on the availability of OT and shift premium pay in F.L., I could easily see someone having the opportunity to make more $$$ elsewhere in FL...given the right circumstances.
                  N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

• Merlin, would we go by the base pay table or the locality pay table?
                    N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

Merlin, would we go by the base pay table or the locality pay table?
                      You go by your Locality pay table... GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11... You go up automatically each year until you reach GS-11, then it's up the steps unless you want to go for a competitive position (like Supervisor).

You go by the Locality Pay Table, and that is Base + Locality, and it does not include differential pay or OT... so that would bring it up a bit.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does the Border Patrol use the same background investigation that the CBP officers have had performed. I already had my investigation performed to be a CBP officer but I would also like to apply for the border patrol. Is it the same investigation?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          You go by your Locality pay table... GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11... You go up automatically each year until you reach GS-11, then it's up the steps unless you want to go for a competitive position (like Supervisor).

You go by the Locality Pay Table, and that is Base + Locality, and it does not include differential pay or OT... so that would bring it up a bit.
                          Sweet!, thanks a million yoda.
                          N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

I just wonder what the top pay is since the pay scale goes up to GS-15.

Journeyman pay for CBPO’s is currently GS-11. Anything above that is competitive and supervisory, at least currently.

I suggest taking the time to thoroughly read all of this thread. It holds a lot of the answers regarding pay, as well as the answers to just about everything else.

Base pay tables usually have no practical applications for anyone unless they’re looking to move between federal jobs. What you want to look at are the pay tables with locality pay factored in.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Journeyman pay for CBPO’s is currently GS-11. Anything above that is competitive and supervisory, at least currently.

I suggest taking the time to thoroughly read all of this thread. It holds a lot of the answers regarding pay, as well as the answers to just about everything else.

Base pay tables usually have no practical applications for anyone unless they’re looking to move between federal jobs. What you want to look at are the pay tables with locality pay factored in.
                              Thanks for all your help guys I truly appreciate it especially since I have until tomorrow to make my mind up.
                              N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

• Quick question for CBPO's...or little green aliens with big ears (yoda).

Do CBPO's have 24/7 firearm carry rights?...ie like the FBI, DEA, etc.?

Also, and this is just out of curiousity..whats the rule about taking it aboard a plane?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9066 users online. 287 members and 8779 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X