Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    TDY's in the winter? To where?

You ought to know your own situation better than I would...I'll just say though that for most Officers TDY's aren't likely until you reach an 11 and they don't come about that easily or often.

People might see a handful...if they push for one and their port is willing to let them take off for a few weeks-months. Most people won't be so lucky as to TDY away their winter months though.
    Our PD encourages and pushes guys to take the opportunities when they are available. Winter is a slow time here so that's the only time they will be approved. I heard they were trying to get guys to go to Botswana right now. I didn't mean to sound like it would be the entire winter months.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
      the first one i got was because of some unsuitable answers on the SF-86. but the thing is i received that NOPA before i even got a chance to fill out and submit my SF-86. so that was a mistake on their part.
      That's weird.

Comment

• Good for your management.

Most Officers won't find their own situation as fortunate, IMO. Most places tend to aggressively hold onto their Officers...for the most part.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSL View Post
          I worked way up north!. Actually it was more about being with my kids then being COLD. I was being a bit sarcastic!!
          I kinda guessed that as that is where the border is. I wondering which port as I might know you.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
            Whats up guys, I got the call today and was offered Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral. I have until tomorrow to make my decision but I'm very interested in Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone at a port or at Port Canaveral can tell me if there is overtime and what are the duties and schedules like?
            Congratulations on the call!... From the list of places they offered you, the most likely to have OT will be TAMPA. Port Canaveral is great if you're looking for a 9 to 5 (steady schedule), plus the fact that you will be there for shuttle launches which are extremely cool to witness... but OT on sea ports are hard to come by, because of the strict scheduling on ships/cargo coming in and out...
            Once again Congrats, and I hope I can join you in Florida soon as well!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Good for your management.

Most Officers won't find their own situation as fortunate, IMO. Most places tend to aggressively hold onto their Officers...for the most part.

we were told today that we better like our Port, because we will be there for a long time..

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                How was it?
                it wasn't bad.. we start the videos tomorrow ..

Comment

• Vbt

Hey guys congrats to all who got cleared in CASS. I am still waiting on my VBT results. It has been 4 wks and 3 days, I think I failed and they sent my result via snail mail. I don't think I can do this anymore because I am going nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                    Hey guys congrats to all who got cleared in CASS. I am still waiting on my VBT results. It has been 4 wks and 3 days, I think I failed and they sent my result via snail mail. I don't think I can do this anymore because I am going nuts.
                    Call MHC tomorrow and ask if your results are in, most likely they are in and it hasn't been updated on CASS. That's how I found out I had passed the VBT, I called MHC to ask some questions and when they looked up my file on the computer there it was... didn't clear on CASS till a week or so later.
                    Call them...
                    BTW
                    If you can log onto CASS and it says pending, you're fine... If you try to log on and it says record not found...then you can worry...That would mean that you didn't pass and are out of the running.
                    Good Luck!...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                      sigh. so i received another NOPA for the following reasons...

criminal conduct

illegal drug use

however i think i know why. i listed the last time i did marijuana as 2002 but i did not provide the frequency of use since i could not provide an exact number. so under frequency of use i put "unsure". you think if i provided them with an approximate number of usage and explained that it was only on occasion that i used marijuana, that would take care of it? or is nine years of being clean not suitable?

So the last time you did some pot was in 2002, and it is now 2009, I think that's 7 years not 9. You must have been really stoned when you wrote this.

Comment

• I wrote an email to MHC and I received a response promptly regarding my drug screen. My first sample was lost in the mail. The second one cleared already but not updated in CASS or hotline. VIA email I confirmed that my drug screen was cleared. She Also told me that my Background could take 4-7months. Ouch!!! If it's any faster it would be a pleasant surprise.
                        Pre-employment- completed
                        Qualifications- GS-7
                        Medical Exam- completed
                        Structured Interview- Completed
                        Drug screen- cleared ( I took a week ago still pending in CASS)
                        Background- pending Case in security office
                        Fitness- Completed

Comment

• Why would you state anything about somking pot in your application? Unless your paranoid they might find out something.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                            Why would you state anything about somking pot in your application? Unless your paranoid they might find out something.
                            Because they ask?

Seriously...what kind of question is that?

CBP deals with tons of drugs, including pot.

If an applicant doesn't have the integrity, honesty, ethics and courage to admit to his past mistakes, take his lumps and accept his responsibilities...past and present, then he doesn't deserve to be, nor should he be, working as a CBPO.

We already have way too many Officers making their way onto "the wall of shame".

Comment

Because they ask?

Seriously...what kind of question is that?

CBP deals with tons of drugs, including pot.

If an applicant doesn't have the integrity, honesty, ethics and courage to admit to his past mistakes, take his lumps and accept his responsibilities...past and present, then he doesn't deserve to be, nor should he be, working as a CBPO.

We already have way too many Officers making their way onto "the wall of shame".
                              I would have to agree with Merlin. Being honest on past drug usage is going to be so much better in the end instead of trying to hide it. When the background investigator is verifing everything in the SF86 and talking to personal references, neighbors, and friends that will be the last thing you want to worry about. Besides, during the first interview with the BI all infomation on the SF86 is confirmed under oath. If they find out you lied you could face fines, jail time, and never having a LEO career.

Anyone who has a large enough drug history that they feel they have to hide it, may want to rethink federal employment.
                              Last edited by TPA3312; 02-24-2009, 12:16 AM.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Congratulations on the call!... From the list of places they offered you, the most likely to have OT will be TAMPA. Port Canaveral is great if you're looking for a 9 to 5 (steady schedule), plus the fact that you will be there for shuttle launches which are extremely cool to witness... but OT on sea ports are hard to come by, because of the strict scheduling on ships/cargo coming in and out...
                                Once again Congrats, and I hope I can join you in Florida soon as well!
                                Hey thanks Yoda!! I think i'm going to take Port Everglades because the pay will be more since Ft. Lauderdale area gets a COLA and because umm ITS FT. LAUDERDALE!!
                                N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                                Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                                Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                                Passed(2:50):JST
                                Passed:Mini-Medical
                                January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                PT Test: Passed
                                Qualifications GS7: Done
                                VBT: Passed
                                Backround: Done
                                Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                                Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                                Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                                CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9390 users online. 289 members and 9101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X