300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
    My time lines are almost the same as yours.

I scored 89 and was sent to TSU Nov. 14, 2008

Do you think I will be getting a call anytime soon?

You probably will. Since you're about 3 months behind me it might take a little longer compared to the Southern border and so on. Boston doesn't hire that many people that fast. When I was called, the guy told me there was 2 slots left after I accepted. One was at the seaport, one at the airport. He told me that Boston usually only hires twice a year depending on wht they need. But I would imagine that you should get a call the next time they need people.....hopefully by mid/late spring. Complete the academy and all the training by Christmas...I'd bet a pay check on it!!!! But I'll keep in touch and let you know what's going on when I get up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ts/fl/1816.xml

Operational Hours:

8:00 AM-5:00 PM(Eastern)
      Weekdays (Monday-Friday)

Special Instructions: The Port of Canaveral is primarily a seaport with cruise ship and cargo processing. Port personnel are the face at the border for most cargo and visitors entering the United States. Here CBP enforces the import and export laws and regulations of the U.S. federal government and conducts admissibility activities. The Port also performs agriculture inspections to protect the USA from potential carriers of animal and plant pests or diseases that could cause serious damage to America's crops, livestock, pets, and the environment. This port is designated as a Class A Port of entry for all aliens.
      Hey thanks dude, I did read all that already. Are you at a port already? How is it ? O/T? Im suppose to report to FLETC April 15th.
      N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
      Passed:Medical (1/2009)
      Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
      Passed(2:50):JST
      Passed:Mini-Medical
      January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      PT Test: Passed
      Qualifications GS7: Done
      VBT: Passed
      Backround: Done
      Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
      Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
      Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
      CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
        Hey thanks dude, I did read all that already. Are you at a port already? How is it ? O/T? Im suppose to report to FLETC April 15th.
        Ok, just wanted to make sure. It's a beautiful area and watching the shuttles launch is pretty cool. I start next week actually. OT will vary based on your location. I'm not sure how much is available at Port Canaveral if they are a 8am-5pm operation. I'll see most of my OT during the Summer hours, during the Winter I'll do TDYs. I'll be at FLETC April 2nd.

Comment

Whats up guys, I got the call today and was offered Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral. I have until tomorrow to make my decision but I'm very interested in Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone at a port or at Port Canaveral can tell me if there is overtime and what are the duties and schedules like?
          That's awesome. Congrats. I also applied for Florida and was reffered to TSU 2/17/09, so we may be in the same class. Im still waiting for the call though. By chance did TSU say if they were calling a lot or few people?
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
            That's awesome. Congrats. I also applied for Florida and was reffered to TSU 2/17/09, so we may be in the same class. Im still waiting for the call though. By chance did TSU say if they were calling a lot or few people?
            Audio, Thank you very much for your input...As for the other question, im sorry I didn't ask if they were making alot of calls but since they gave me 5 locations to choose from, i'm assuming they will be so stay close to your phone.
            N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

Ok, just wanted to make sure. It's a beautiful area and watching the shuttles launch is pretty cool. I start next week actually. OT will vary based on your location. I'm not sure how much is available at Port Canaveral if they are a 8am-5pm operation. I'll see most of my OT during the Summer hours, during the Winter I'll do TDYs. I'll be at FLETC April 2nd.
              Hey, what is your duty location?
              N.Y.P.D.

January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Comment

Hey, what is your duty location?
                PM sent.
                Last edited by audi0xpl0de; 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSL View Post
                  I scored an 83 for Boston back in November. I got cold feet that I would never get a TO and changed to Vermont. I worked in VT for a few weeks and felt like I was living in a frozen wasteland and my feet became really COLD!!. I resigned and re applied for Miami, I await.
                  Where did you work in Vermont?

FB

Comment

• sigh. so i received another NOPA for the following reasons...

criminal conduct

illegal drug use

however i think i know why. i listed the last time i did marijuana as 2002 but i did not provide the frequency of use since i could not provide an exact number. so under frequency of use i put "unsure". you think if i provided them with an approximate number of usage and explained that it was only on occasion that i used marijuana, that would take care of it? or is nine years of being clean not suitable?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                      sigh. so i received another NOPA for the following reasons...

criminal conduct

illegal drug use

however i think i know why. i listed the last time i did marijuana as 2002 but i did not provide the frequency of use since i could not provide an exact number. so under frequency of use i put "unsure". you think if i provided them with an approximate number of usage and explained that it was only on occasion that i used marijuana, that would take care of it? or is nine years of being clean not suitable?

another NOPA?

I'm sure if I searched the thread I would find it but it's easier for me just to ask. what can I say I'm lazy
                      Last edited by rbakous1; 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• I worked way up north!. Actually it was more about being with my kids then being COLD. I was being a bit sarcastic!!
                        Last edited by MSL; 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• first day was today .. they cut us out early too.. tomorrow starts the 7am to 3:30pm..

Congrads to everyone that got their calls..

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                            another NOPA?

I'm sure if I searched the thread I would find it but it's easier for me just to ask. what can I say I'm lazy
                            the first one i got was because of some unsuitable answers on the SF-86. but the thing is i received that NOPA before i even got a chance to fill out and submit my SF-86. so that was a mistake on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                              first day was today .. they cut us out early too.. tomorrow starts the 7am to 3:30pm..

Congrads to everyone that got their calls..
                              How was it?

Comment

TDY's in the winter? To where?

You ought to know your own situation better than I would...I'll just say though that for most Officers TDY's aren't likely until you reach an 11 and they don't come about that easily or often.

People might see a handful...if they push for one and their port is willing to let them take off for a few weeks-months. Most people won't be so lucky as to TDY away their winter months though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11394 users online. 399 members and 10995 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X