X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post
    Do YOU work for CBP???
    I don't,
    but I have been in the process long enough to know how it works, and it is not only from my experience but even Merlin has stated that fact repeatedly on this board.

BTW Red,
    I'm not looking to get into a FLAME war...
    Last edited by yoda; 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Scores matter. Or probably the better way to say that is scores might matter.

Unless you test in a compressed location(where everyone who passes get a TO) or you've chosen a geographical preference with so few applicants that the cutoff point for TO's is that of the passing grade, scores matter. In many locations, people who test 70 will never see a TO.

For most people, in most locations, there's a cutoff point for the test. What it actually ends up being depends wildly on all the circumstances involved...

Now...BP used to(and still might) be drawing from the entire pool of their applicants. For them...the scores didn't(maybe still don't) matter.

Comment

• Hey, how are the cell phone companie services at FLETC and Chalston.

Mostly I care about verizon. Good service? Iffy?

Comment

• I guess I should have put that in there. I scored and 86. Not bad but I still feel like I could have done better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
            You cleared CASS in Aug of 08, how do you know when you "fully" clear?
            Do they send you a letter, a phone call?
            Thanks!
            No letter or phone call. I was sent to TSU on 5Aug08. Every 2-3 weeks or so I would call TSU and talk to someone there. Just asked if my file was still there and active and about my clearance. They kepy telling me "Not fully cleared, but should be before you leave for FLETC" Which means I had an interum clearance. Then I called one day after the holidays and the new year and asked the same question. They told me "Yes, it's been fully cleared."

Maybe you could just call and ask like I did. What's the worst they can tell you?

Comment

• Boston score

I scored an 83 for Boston back in November. I got cold feet that I would never get a TO and changed to Vermont.
              Last edited by MSL; 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Do you normally receive your class schedule before you report to FLETC? I've seen several people talking about when they have what training and was wondering about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOVAtoBoston View Post
                  No letter or phone call. I was sent to TSU on 5Aug08. Every 2-3 weeks or so I would call TSU and talk to someone there. Just asked if my file was still there and active and about my clearance. They kepy telling me "Not fully cleared, but should be before you leave for FLETC" Which means I had an interum clearance. Then I called one day after the holidays and the new year and asked the same question. They told me "Yes, it's been fully cleared."

Maybe you could just call and ask like I did. What's the worst they can tell you?
                  My time lines are almost the same as yours.

I scored 89 and was sent to TSU Nov. 14, 2008

Do you think I will be getting a call anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    My time lines are almost the same as yours.

I scored 89 and was sent to TSU Nov. 14, 2008

Do you think I will be getting a call anytime soon?
                    I tested in Aug 08 for Boston and scored 89. I was on the Boston list for about 3 months and got tired of waiting. So I changed my geo pref to SF/Oakland and I got the TO right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Do you normally receive your class schedule before you report to FLETC? I've seen several people talking about when they have what training and was wondering about this.
                      You will get it the day you get there.

Comment

• I believe at least two people have received the call for Logan in the last 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                          You will get it the day you get there.
                          That's what I thought. There was someone in another forum talking about how they have their schedule already (they report in late March) and they have PT everyday and so on. The guys at my port were also wondering if I had a copy yet so I was confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            That's what I thought. There was someone in another forum talking about how they have their schedule already (they report in late March) and they have PT everyday and so on. The guys at my port were also wondering if I had a copy yet so I was confused.
                            That person is full of it. You may have something from physical techniques division most days but not physical conditioning everyday, usually 2x a week.

Comment

• Port Canaveral

Whats up guys, I got the call today and was offered Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral. I have until tomorrow to make my decision but I'm very interested in Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone at a port or at Port Canaveral can tell me if there is overtime and what are the duties and schedules like?
                              N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                              Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                              Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                              Passed(2:50):JST
                              Passed:Mini-Medical
                              January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                              Medical: Passed
                              PT Test: Passed
                              Qualifications GS7: Done
                              VBT: Passed
                              Backround: Done
                              Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                              Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                              Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                              CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                                Whats up guys, I got the call today and was offered Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral. I have until tomorrow to make my decision but I'm very interested in Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone at a port or at Port Canaveral can tell me if there is overtime and what are the duties and schedules like?
                                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ts/fl/1816.xml

Operational Hours:

8:00 AM-5:00 PM(Eastern)
                                Weekdays (Monday-Friday)

Special Instructions: The Port of Canaveral is primarily a seaport with cruise ship and cargo processing. Port personnel are the face at the border for most cargo and visitors entering the United States. Here CBP enforces the import and export laws and regulations of the U.S. federal government and conducts admissibility activities. The Port also performs agriculture inspections to protect the USA from potential carriers of animal and plant pests or diseases that could cause serious damage to America's crops, livestock, pets, and the environment. This port is designated as a Class A Port of entry for all aliens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7695 users online. 168 members and 7527 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X