300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
    I really appreciate all the posters on here. I'm hoping for Blaine one of these days! Let me know your thoughts on the area. I'll be coming from Colorado and don't know anyone there either.

Couple of questions of FLETC. Do families visit often? How much free time do you have? Do most people have families go down for Graduation?

Thanks!
    Youre at class 7:30-4:30. Your free time is your own so in theory your family could come every day if you wanted. Lots of people wait til towards then end though when the stress is off.

Comment

• What was your test score?

Originally posted by NOVAtoBoston View Post
      Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for quite sometime and finally decided to sign up. Thanks to everyone for great information and good luck to those who are still in "pendingville".
      EOD March 9 - Boston/Logan Airport
      FLETC 9April-22July
      Class 941

Here is my timeline just in case you're curious...
      Applied and Tested: Nov07
      TO: 15April08 - Geo. Pref. MASS
      Medical: May 08
      Fitness: May 08
      Quals cleared: May 08
      VBT: June 08
      Drug Test: June 08
      BI: Met with investigator 23June08, cleared in CASS 4Aug08 (fully cleared in January)
      TSU: 5Aug08
      The Call: 18Feb09

Comment

• Hi NOVA, Just curious what you scored on the test??

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Youre at class 7:30-4:30. Your free time is your own so in theory your family could come every day if you wanted. Lots of people wait til towards then end though when the stress is off.
          What about weekends? Are those free do you have classes and PT?
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
            Hello everyone, I guess you could say that I was in the outside looking in... However, my hiring process took a bit longer than most (took my test in Sept 07) and just got the call on Feb18 morning. I report to my "orientation" in Calexico, CA and start the academy Apr. 9 Grad: July22.
            I just wanted to say "hang in there" to those in wait, and congratulate those who will be in my class. I look forward in meeting them.....Anyone else here going to Calexico, CA???
            See you Apr 9th!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
              What about weekends? Are those free do you have classes and PT?
              Thats free time also, unless they go to 6 day training. Thats where you train mon-sat, but get paid o.t. on saturday. You'll make a few extra bucks and finish fletc a little quicker, but trust me you'll want the extra day off instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                I really appreciate all the posters on here. I'm hoping for Blaine one of these days! Let me know your thoughts on the area. I'll be coming from Colorado and don't know anyone there either.

Couple of questions of FLETC. Do families visit often? How much free time do you have? Do most people have families go down for Graduation?

Thanks!
                My hubby is there now and he has his weekends free. He is coming home for about 24 hours for our sons birthday and the kids and I are going to go down in May for his graduation.

If my son's b-day had not fallen during his time there he would not see us until graduation Airfare is not cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by NOVAtoBoston View Post
                  Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for quite sometime and finally decided to sign up. Thanks to everyone for great information and good luck to those who are still in "pendingville".
                  EOD March 9 - Boston/Logan Airport
                  FLETC 9April-22July
                  Class 941

Here is my timeline just in case you're curious...
                  Applied and Tested: Nov07
                  TO: 15April08 - Geo. Pref. MASS
                  Medical: May 08
                  Fitness: May 08
                  Quals cleared: May 08
                  VBT: June 08
                  Drug Test: June 08
                  BI: Met with investigator 23June08, cleared in CASS 4Aug08 (fully cleared in January)
                  TSU: 5Aug08
                  The Call: 18Feb09
                  You cleared CASS in Aug of 08, how do you know when you "fully" clear?
                  Do they send you a letter, a phone call?
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Class 938's out there?

Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing the site the last month and find it informational and entertaining - thank you. I decided to sign up to find others who will be in Class 938 and to narrow it down even more, coming from/based out of Washington State?

Please PM me if you have a chance.

____

Written Test: end-July (low 90's)
                    "The Call": mid-February
                    EOD: 2 Mar
                    FLETC: 26 Mar

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                      Nope, your room assignments are already made when you show up. I was there about the same time as reddog, they had computers inside the library and on the second floor of the same building. I only used them a couple of times during lunch. I was in building 96 and one of the supervisor's for the contractor at the end of the building had a wireless router installed in his office, so if you sat near the end of the building you could get internet. You definitely needed bug spray when you went there. There is also wireless at the student center, so bring you laptop. There is a Starbucks by Target that has wireless access, but you have to pay for it, at least it isn't monitored, so if someone sends you something that isn't "work safe" you can go there to read it. I second the bug spray, there were only a couple times when I needed it, but other were getting tore up by the gnats. You must go to Pam's, Sally's and the Red Carpet (once). Several of us had problems getting pizza from the Pizza Hut just off center, so we ordered fro Papa John's. If you get injured and think you can tough it out, go to the trainers, not the medical unit, unless you don't mind getting shipped home and coming back when you are healthy.

UGHHH thats right!! I forgot about how long it took for the pizza to come--what a horrible thing that was!!!! It took 3 hrs once for our pizza to come..I kept calling and calling. I filed a complaint and got the nasty pizza free---that was horrible....
                      the red carpet--never went--- but if my husband were there, he WOULD not go!!!! LOL---- some of the roll players that work with FLETC work at the red carpet--hate to see them naked!! LOL---
                      O yes, they do have buses on the weekend to take you to walmart and the mall, which is prett good--Dont have to pay to go there... BUG SPRAY!!! thats a MUST!!

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                        Does anyone know if el paso or laredo is looking to hire a great number of cbpo? The reason why I am asking is I saw that the border states were the only ones posted for the new announcement? Would one have a better chance at these states as far as getting and through the process quicker?
                        I made a post about 5 days ago about this...YES, they r hiring big time..So if you change you location to here, u will get a call SOON!!! if you are just waiting for a call for a place to go..I WOULD change my location---You will get a call SOON!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post
                          I made a post about 5 days ago about this...YES, they r hiring big time..So if you change you location to here, u will get a call SOON!!! if you are just waiting for a call for a place to go..I WOULD change my location---You will get a call SOON!!!
                          I second that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSL View Post
                            Hi NOVA, Just curious what you scored on the test??
                            It doesnt matter what you score on the test..it is pass or fail..doesnt matter if you get a 99 or a 70---u go in the same pool...
                            Last edited by reddog52; 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post

It doesnt matter what you score on the test..it is pass or fail..doesnt matter if you get a 99 or a 70---u go in the same pool...
                              Scores matter to set who gets a TO first, which are sent by score order... after that it all goes into the same pool and whoever gets into TSU first wins!
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Scores matter to set who gets a TO first, which are sent by score order... after that it all goes into the same pool and whoever gets into TSU first wins!
                                Last edited by reddog52; 02-23-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8327 users online. 261 members and 8066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X