Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought someone on this forum said a national announcement was to take place in the near future? Speculation or just giving us false hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
      Does anyone know if el paso or laredo is looking to hire a great number of cbpo? The reason why I am asking is I saw that the border states were the only ones posted for the new announcement? Would one have a better chance at these states as far as getting and through the process quicker?
      audi0xpl0de i would disagree because if you have recruiters from DC come to your location the process would go quicker. They are the ones that actually process your apps. I say that because we had representatives from OPM come to our field office and did that

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
        I thought someone on this forum said a national announcement was to take place in the near future? Speculation or just giving us false hope?
        yes, supposedly it should be in the spring and offer michigan and other geo locations.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for quite sometime and finally decided to sign up. Thanks to everyone for great information and good luck to those who are still in "pendingville".
          EOD March 9 - Boston/Logan Airport
          FLETC 9April-22July
          Class 941

Here is my timeline just in case you're curious...
          Applied and Tested: Nov07
          TO: 15April08 - Geo. Pref. MASS
          Medical: May 08
          Fitness: May 08
          Quals cleared: May 08
          VBT: June 08
          Drug Test: June 08
          BI: Met with investigator 23June08, cleared in CASS 4Aug08 (fully cleared in January)
          TSU: 5Aug08
          The Call: 18Feb09

Comment

• whoa 6 months in TSU? that would be hard to handle..

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
              I know this question is constantly coming up from a few of us. Since it sounds like dhs is going to hire around 11,000 this spring and hopefully a quarter of them will be for cbpo. Hopefully that a quarter of those will be florida since that state has 21 poe. Any news on florida?
              I doubt anybody on here knows much meaningful about the numbers of hires funded for FL. That's a fairly small and closed-mouth branch of CBP that deals with those numbers.

I'd say you're roughly right about the overall numbers of CBPO's being hired. Maybe it's a bit more, maybe not. 3-4K will probably be in the ballpark.

There are 327 ports across the US, 15 international preclearance ports, and 58 international cargo ports. Florida's 21 ports represent about 1/16 of just the US ports. By that logic, that's 200-250 new Officers for FL.

Truthfully, FL will probably see a bit more...but don't count on seeing 700-850-1000 new CBPO's hired in FL in 2009. It's not likely to happen.

Comment

• First day..

Well, my first day of pre-academy in Blaine, WA starts tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement while waiting in the "pending stage". To everyone out there who is still waiting, don't worry, it's coming!

Anyone in/around the Blaine area (even those in Seattle) IM me if you ever want to get together and play golf, hike, pretty much anything! I just got to WA and don't know that many people, so if you like sports or regular guy stuff, IM me or facebook me

Timeline:
                Test: August
                Fitness: September
                Drug Test: October
                Background: November
                VBT: December
                Medical:January

EOD: Feb 23rd
                FLETC: March 25th

Comment

• Originally posted by NOVAtoBoston View Post
                  Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for quite sometime and finally decided to sign up. Thanks to everyone for great information and good luck to those who are still in "pendingville".
                  EOD March 9 - Boston/Logan Airport
                  FLETC 9April-22July
                  Class 941

Here is my timeline just in case you're curious...
                  Applied and Tested: Nov07
                  TO: 15April08 - Geo. Pref. MASS
                  Medical: May 08
                  Fitness: May 08
                  Quals cleared: May 08
                  VBT: June 08
                  Drug Test: June 08
                  BI: Met with investigator 23June08, cleared in CASS 4Aug08 (fully cleared in January)
                  TSU: 5Aug08
                  The Call: 18Feb09
                  hey nova congrats! My geo pref. is Massachusetts as well hopefully i'll get a call soon!

Comment

• Got the Call2

Hello everyone, I guess you could say that I was in the outside looking in... However, my hiring process took a bit longer than most (took my test in Sept 07) and just got the call on Feb18 morning. I report to my "orientation" in Calexico, CA and start the academy Apr. 9 Grad: July22.
                    I just wanted to say "hang in there" to those in wait, and congratulate those who will be in my class. I look forward in meeting them.....Anyone else here going to Calexico, CA???

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                      Hey guys I am leaving to FLETC in a couple of days and would love to hear some more tips as to what to bring and what to expect there. Thanks!
                      If you love chicken, you won't be after you're done there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                        If you love chicken, you won't be after you're done there.
                        How's it going down there Bizzy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                          Well, my first day of pre-academy in Blaine, WA starts tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement while waiting in the "pending stage". To everyone out there who is still waiting, don't worry, it's coming!

Anyone in/around the Blaine area (even those in Seattle) IM me if you ever want to get together and play golf, hike, pretty much anything! I just got to WA and don't know that many people, so if you like sports or regular guy stuff, IM me or facebook me

Timeline:
                          Test: August
                          Fitness: September
                          Drug Test: October
                          Background: November
                          VBT: December
                          Medical:January

EOD: Feb 23rd
                          FLETC: March 25th
                          First day is the easiest you'll ever have as a member of CBP. All you do is go to a location (may or may not be your port) and sit with an HR lady and your fellow new people and fill out forms. Direct deposit, Health care plans, etc. etc. etc. and then get sworn in, normally by your port director or OFO rep.
                          Good luck bro/sister!

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            How's it going down there Bizzy?
                            A little homesick but at the same time thankful that I am here and employed. My gf visited me over valentines weekend so its not too bad.

Comment

• Family visits at FLETC

I really appreciate all the posters on here. I'm hoping for Blaine one of these days! Let me know your thoughts on the area. I'll be coming from Colorado and don't know anyone there either.

Couple of questions of FLETC. Do families visit often? How much free time do you have? Do most people have families go down for Graduation?

Thanks!

Comment

• I'm going for SFO/OAK seems to be a lot of OT to be offered here. Im still waiting for my background to clear and my drug test seems like we are being cleared fast at this port my timeline is good so far. Anyone have the same timeline as me, for SFO/OAK? I would be done with my drug test if they didn't lose my first sample in the mail.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------
                                Im in the process for CBPO SFO/OAKLAND
                                Pre-employment- completed
                                Quailifications- GS-7
                                Medical Exam- completed
                                Structured Interview- Completed
                                Drug screen- pending ( I took a week ago)
                                Background- pending Case in security office
                                Fitness- Completed
                                -------------------------------------------------

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8463 users online. 460 members and 8003 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X