Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things to bring to FLETC

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    Hey guys I am leaving to FLETC in a couple of days and would love to hear some more tips as to what to bring and what to expect there. Thanks!
    I would bring bug repellent, and sun block-- Also, A CAR!!!!! there is NOTHING to do there! When I went I was glad that I brought my truck--- I would have been sooo bored... Also, there is no internet in any of the rooms. If you bring a computer, you can get dial up in your room... The library has internet on the computers, but there are something like 32 computers to use..BUT they are ALWAYS TAKEN up!!!--umm lets see...what else... I brought a camera. Also, almost every weekend and during the nights they have tours and certain shows and all of that good kinds of stuff.. I went deep sea fishing for one day LOL..non of the guys wanted to go with me, so I was the only girl on the boat!! I DIDNT care though! my husband was proud of me ...lets see what else.... It sucks now, becuase everyone is double bunking... When I was at FLETC I had my OWN room!! hahahaha...awww that was GREAT!!! lets see....swimming trunks, there are pools all around the grounds... they give you a nice bookbag when u get there on ur first day of class with your class number on it...I was 841!! YEAH!!!!! alright, if ya need anything else, let me know---GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

• things to bring to FLETC

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      Hey guys I am leaving to FLETC in a couple of days and would love to hear some more tips as to what to bring and what to expect there. Thanks!
      I would bring bug repellent, and sun block-- Also, A CAR!!!!! there is NOTHING to do there! When I went I was glad that I brought my truck--- I would have been sooo bored... Also, there is no internet in any of the rooms. If you bring a computer, you can get dial up in your room... The library has internet on the computers, but there are something like 32 computers to use..BUT they are ALWAYS TAKEN up!!!--umm lets see...what else... I brought a camera. Also, almost every weekend and during the nights they have tours and certain shows and all of that good kinds of stuff.. I went deep sea fishing for one day LOL..non of the guys wanted to go with me, so I was the only girl on the boat!! I DIDNT care though! my husband was proud of me ...lets see what else.... It sucks now, becuase everyone is double bunking... When I was at FLETC I had my OWN room!! hahahaha...awww that was GREAT!!! lets see....swimming trunks, there are pools all around the grounds... they give you a nice bookbag when u get there on ur first day of class with your class number on it...I was 841!! YEAH!!!!! alright, if ya need anything else, let me know---GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by reddog52 View Post

HAHA thanks! I wish I could bring my car but I am all the way from California! There is no way I could drive that far. Even with flight I will get to FLETC around 9pm which sucks! I really hope I get a single room. Would asking very nicely when I get there help? hahahha

Comment

HAHA thanks! I wish I could bring my car but I am all the way from California! There is no way I could drive that far. Even with flight I will get to FLETC around 9pm which sucks! I really hope I get a single room. Would asking very nicely when I get there help? hahahha
                    Nope, your room assignments are already made when you show up. I was there about the same time as reddog, they had computers inside the library and on the second floor of the same building. I only used them a couple of times during lunch. I was in building 96 and one of the supervisor's for the contractor at the end of the building had a wireless router installed in his office, so if you sat near the end of the building you could get internet. You definitely needed bug spray when you went there. There is also wireless at the student center, so bring you laptop. There is a Starbucks by Target that has wireless access, but you have to pay for it, at least it isn't monitored, so if someone sends you something that isn't "work safe" you can go there to read it. I second the bug spray, there were only a couple times when I needed it, but other were getting tore up by the gnats. You must go to Pam's, Sally's and the Red Carpet (once). Several of us had problems getting pizza from the Pizza Hut just off center, so we ordered fro Papa John's. If you get injured and think you can tough it out, go to the trainers, not the medical unit, unless you don't mind getting shipped home and coming back when you are healthy.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Hey, your very first day isn't even at SFO...it is in downtown SF so parking would be very bad. I took the Bart the first day and walked like 6 blocks.

As for your second day, you will report directly to SFO and they will validated your parking and give you an employee parking permit. Don't worry about parking at SFO...there are plenty of parking.

Are you starting at SFO soon? If you are I will PM you some info hahaha.
                      No I'm in TSU, I'm hopeing they would call me soon though. How was 3 weeks at SFO? Oh I plan to move closer to the bay area, hows the traffic to work?

Comment

• I know this question is constantly coming up from a few of us. Since it sounds like dhs is going to hire around 11,000 this spring and hopefully a quarter of them will be for cbpo. Hopefully that a quarter of those will be florida since that state has 21 poe. Any news on florida?

Comment

• Does anyone know if el paso or laredo is looking to hire a great number of cbpo? The reason why I am asking is I saw that the border states were the only ones posted for the new announcement? Would one have a better chance at these states as far as getting and through the process quicker?

Comment

• I would like to know also. I am in the training line for Florida also.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                              Does anyone know if el paso or laredo is looking to hire a great number of cbpo? The reason why I am asking is I saw that the border states were the only ones posted for the new announcement? Would one have a better chance at these states as far as getting and through the process quicker?
                              What do you mean by "getting through the process quicker"? All the steps will take the same amount of time no matter what your location is. You might get out of TSU quicker, but the steps will not move quicker because of the location you chose.

Comment

• The Call

Just got the call yesterday.
                                Never thought it would come on a friday around noon, always expected it to be early in the week for some reason. Detroit bridge, start Mar 9th, FLETC Apr 9th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9298 users online. 475 members and 8823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X