300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much then SuperMario because I had to send in additional forms for Lasik and my medical cleared like 2 weeks after I sent in the paperwork.
    Yea! that gives me 1 more week!
    5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• I Chose MT because im tired of LA life. I think I will enjoy the change of pace. I just hope we dont get lost up there as far as advancement goes
      CBPO
      Tested 08/2008 in Los Angeles
      T.O 12/24/2008, 84 No Vet. Montana
      Pre Employment Forms: Completed
      VBT 01/20/2009: Completed
      Medical 01/21/2009: Completed
      Fitness 01/21/2009: Completed
      Qualifications: Completed
      Background: 06/11/2009 Completed

Comment

• Background just cleared yesterday...just my quals left. Almost there!
        CBPO- Hawaii
        Written: 07/31/08
        TO: 09/23/08
        Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
        Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
        Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
        Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
        VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
        BI: Completed (2/19/09)
        Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
        Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
        TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by NUcj97 View Post
          As if the wait wasnt bad enough....I got LAID OFF today. I'm in BI/Qual Pending HELL...It's only been four mos for me so I know I still have a lot of waiting to do....Unless a miracle happens...now I just got to figure out how to support my child and how in the world I'm going to maintain my household -my brother got laid off last week also....
          Hang in there brother!...
          There are lots of us in similar spots, it's not pretty and it sucks!, but we are all just sitting here waiting...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Hang in there brother!...
            There are lots of us in similar spots, it's not pretty and it sucks!, but we are all just sitting here waiting...
            Yep, thats all you can do is hang in there. The waiting process is tough on a lot of us. Its just extremely frustrating when you're currently in a bad situation and see others who received TOs 5-6 months after you getting hired.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
              Yep, thats all you can do is hang in there. The waiting process is tough on a lot of us. Its just extremely frustrating when you're currently in a bad situation and see others who received TOs 5-6 months after you getting hired.
              Imagine how it feels when I have seen applicants go from TEST to HIRE in 4 months. That's the length or time my adjudicator had my NOPA response on her desk just sitting there, and I spent a month speaking to her supervisor to finally have her write up the damn report!... makes no sense, but it is what it is...
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                Wow thats the 2nd call for Philly. Looks like they went out yesterday.

soon2bcbpo - Whats your timeline? NJKY was in TSU for 30 days.

This is depressing.
                I have a similar timeline as you. I don't know the exact dates. I took the test February 07 and got my TO Feb 2008. I completed everything during the spring and summer and BI end of September. It just said completed on Feb. 13 so I was only in TSU for six days. It took four months for my background to clear. I really thought it would say pending forever! I'm glad there will be others from Phila. Good luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                  5 more days until FLETC and 4 more days until first pay check! WOOHOO!
                  Hey Solid, did you have a hard time finding parking at SFO once you got there on your first day? Do they have employee parking? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    Imagine how it feels when I have seen applicants go from TEST to HIRE in 4 months. That's the length or time my adjudicator had my NOPA response on her desk just sitting there, and I spent a month speaking to her supervisor to finally have her write up the damn report!... makes no sense, but it is what it is...
                    I guess I am one of the lucky few in the boat who were able to navigate quickly though the process. My written test was back in Dec. 08, and now I am just waiting for a position to be open. The only thing I can say about moving quickly is staying on top of your applicantion and not being afraid to email and call the hiring center. Of course you don't want to constantly "bug" them, but once a week seems to be okay. People are employed there to answer your questions and somewhat "help" you though the process. I have said this before and will say it again, you have to be your own advocate. If you don't stay on top of your own paperwork you may get lost in a government blackhole like 'yoda' did. Don't give up because there is light at the end of the tunnel.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• hey guys times are very tough right now.....and waiting makes it even harder. But hang in there with a lot of faith and God, it will come. Enjoyed reading and catching up on the last few pages. Congrats to all the ones who got the call. Lets hope DHS fills a lot of positions in the next few months. Let's see FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        I guess I am one of the lucky few in the boat who were able to navigate quickly though the process. My written test was back in Dec. 08, and now I am just waiting for a position to be open. The only thing I can say about moving quickly is staying on top of your applicantion and not being afraid to email and call the hiring center. Of course you don't want to constantly "bug" them, but once a week seems to be okay. People are employed there to answer your questions and somewhat "help" you though the process. I have said this before and will say it again, you have to be your own advocate. If you don't stay on top of your own paperwork you may get lost in a government blackhole like 'yoda' did. Don't give up because there is light at the end of the tunnel.
                        Amen to that!!!! I am a staunch believer that one should look out for them selfs. Just like TPA3312 said, they are there to assist. Perhaps maybe thats a reason I got pushed a little faster thru the process by asking the right questions and not being a nusance. My adjudicator even managed to give me his direct phone number on top of even haveing a scratchy record. But who knows maybe I just got lucky myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                          Hey Solid, did you have a hard time finding parking at SFO once you got there on your first day? Do they have employee parking? Thanks
                          Hey, your very first day isn't even at SFO...it is in downtown SF so parking would be very bad. I took the Bart the first day and walked like 6 blocks.

As for your second day, you will report directly to SFO and they will validated your parking and give you an employee parking permit. Don't worry about parking at SFO...there are plenty of parking.

Are you starting at SFO soon? If you are I will PM you some info hahaha.

Comment

• FLETC tips

Hey guys I am leaving to FLETC in a couple of days and would love to hear some more tips as to what to bring and what to expect there. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                              Amen to that!!!! I am a staunch believer that one should look out for them selfs. Just like TPA3312 said, they are there to assist. Perhaps maybe thats a reason I got pushed a little faster thru the process by asking the right questions and not being a nusance. My adjudicator even managed to give me his direct phone number on top of even haveing a scratchy record. But who knows maybe I just got lucky myself.
                              Yeah,
                              I also have my adjudicators direct number, but they also have caller ID, and they choose to pick up the phone or not. After my adjudicator had her hands on everything she needed from me she never picked up the phone ever again. I called every week and left her voicemail to no avail, after a month and a half of that I stopped calling, and a month and a half later I called her supervisor to see if he had already passed my case to the higher ups. This is when I found out she hadn't done absolutely anything with it, and when he told me he would try to push her to deal with my case, took another month of talking to him to have it done!...
                              So,
                              It is luck of the draw!... You can call all you want, but ultimately it is up to what type of individual you are dealing with at the other end of the line. In all my dealings with them I was always courteous and polite, so it was never a factor of me behaving like an "***" on the phone with them, it was just simply how they felt like dealing with it.
                              Again,
                              it is what it is...
                              Last edited by yoda; 02-20-2009, 11:24 PM.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                                Hey guys I am leaving to FLETC in a couple of days and would love to hear some more tips as to what to bring and what to expect there. Thanks!
                                Have a good time at FLETC... wish I was on my way as well!...
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4465 users online. 243 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X