Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whew, passed the VBT despite totally blowing one of the scenarios and not answering the question at hand. I would love to be able to watch my video and see how nervous I looked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      Great News! All my requirements have finally been completed and have been referred to EOD. Anybody have any info on how hiring in Florida is going, and if there is a long wait?
      Congrats it's good to hear that. For all those waiting for their background to clear I will give you a timeline for me. I was in your shoes rushing the background and reading that it may take anywhere from 3-9 months to clear so I was expecting the worse. It may be sooner than you think (depending on your background) for your BI to clear. I met my BI investigator Jan. 5 and she sent everything to DC on Jan. 21. After checking CASS every other day and seeing it saying pending "in security office" I decided to check today and lucky me it finaly said CLEARED. So don't give up hope and TPA I am also wondering about the hiring in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
      Miami by way of Chicago
      Test 8/4/08
      TO 11/13/08
      Drug Test 11/13/08
      VBT 12/11/08
      Physical 12/16/08
      Qual 1/10/09
      Met BI 1/5/09
      BI cleared 2/19/09
      TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
        Congrats it's good to hear that. For all those waiting for their background to clear I will give you a timeline for me. I was in your shoes rushing the background and reading that it may take anywhere from 3-9 months to clear so I was expecting the worse. It may be sooner than you think (depending on your background) for your BI to clear. I met my BI investigator Jan. 5 and she sent everything to DC on Jan. 21. After checking CASS every other day and seeing it saying pending "in security office" I decided to check today and lucky me it finaly said CLEARED. So don't give up hope and TPA I am also wondering about the hiring in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
        You might have an Interim clearance, or were lucky enough to get fully cleared in less than a month... personally I'm leaning towards the interim, but at this point you have nothing to worry about. If your Geo was MIA you'll be picked up in no time at all, Miami International is big and lots of OT opportunities, and the sea port in big as well, but it more of a 9 to 5 with less chance for OT. Miami and the rest of Florida are 2 geo preferences, and by the way... if you are young and single MIA is the place to be!...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          You might have an Interim clearance, or were lucky enough to get fully cleared in less than a month... personally I'm leaning towards the interim, but at this point you have nothing to worry about. If your Geo was MIA you'll be picked up in no time at all, Miami International is big and lots of OT opportunities, and the sea port in big as well, but it more of a 9 to 5 with less chance for OT. Miami and the rest of Florida are 2 geo preferences, and by the way... if you are young and single MIA is the place to be!...
          Thanks Yoda. I heard from a CBP officer in Florida that the Seaport is better but you get more OT at the airport. Is this true?
          Miami by way of Chicago
          Test 8/4/08
          TO 11/13/08
          Drug Test 11/13/08
          VBT 12/11/08
          Physical 12/16/08
          Qual 1/10/09
          Met BI 1/5/09
          BI cleared 2/19/09
          TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• I thought they were done giving out interim clearances, but that seems like the case. It would take a week for the report to be written and then to get to the adjudicator and wait to be reviewed would take more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
              Thanks Yoda. I heard from a CBP officer in Florida that the Seaport is better but you get more OT at the airport. Is this true?

That has been the general consensus around the thread... You will see less opportunities for OT at a Sea Port being that almost everything is tightly scheduled. At an Air Port like MIA you'll see lots of OT, heck my buddy is in ORL (Orlando International) and he sees a load of OT, every time I call him he's working!...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                I thought they were done giving out interim clearances, but that seems like the case. It would take a week for the report to be written and then to get to the adjudicator and wait to be reviewed would take more time.
                It only takes a couple hours to write the report and submit it. Some people will try to tell you it takes several months for the report to be written and rewritten. Most, if not all, of the investigators are either retired LEO's, or have been doing BI's long enough to be able to complete an acceptable report very quickly. It is a very simple format to write up, but there are very specific details that must be included. It is almost possible (if it weren't forbidden) to write up a generic report, cut and paste, and modify to fit the situation. The longest part of doing a BI is the travel needed to obtain the required information.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I just wanted to say Thanks for all the useful info on this forum. Also how many have applied for Montana?

Thanks
                  CBPO
                  Tested 08/2008 in Los Angeles
                  T.O 12/24/2008, 84 No Vet. Montana
                  Pre Employment Forms: Completed
                  VBT 01/20/2009: Completed
                  Medical 01/21/2009: Completed
                  Fitness 01/21/2009: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed
                  Background: 06/11/2009 Completed

Comment

• 5 more days until FLETC and 4 more days until first pay check! WOOHOO!

Comment

• they only give you 1 check for pre-academy?

Comment

• Hey everyone...got the call today! I've been in TSU for about 30 Days and I got the call this afternoon.

Philadelphia, PA
                        EOD 3/16/09
                        FLETC 4/09/09

My Timeline...
                        Test - 3/15/08
                        NOR - 4/02/08
                        TO - 05/19/08
                        Med/Fit - 6/18/08
                        VBT - 6/23/08
                        Drug Test - 7/11/08
                        Quals/Forms - 7/29/08
                        BI - 09/08

Comment

• Originally posted by NJKY85 View Post
                          Hey everyone...got the call today! I've been in TSU for about 30 Days and I got the call this afternoon.

Philadelphia, PA
                          EOD 3/16/09
                          FLETC 4/09/09

My Timeline...
                          Test - 3/15/08
                          NOR - 4/02/08
                          TO - 05/19/08
                          Med/Fit - 6/18/08
                          VBT - 6/23/08
                          Drug Test - 7/11/08
                          Quals/Forms - 7/29/08
                          BI - 09/08
                          Congrats! See you at FLETC!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roper83 View Post
                            I just wanted to say Thanks for all the useful info on this forum. Also how many have applied for Montana?

Thanks
                            Roper-

I applied for Montana. I wasn't getting a TO when I had NYC down for my preference. I have heard that Montana POE's are in the middle of no where and it is a drastic change if one is used to the city life.

Comment

• I also applied for Montana. I got my TO at the beginning of the month so I am just in the beginning stages. I grew up here so I am used to the small town atmosphere around the POEs. I am interested though to find out why those of you from out of state chose Montana.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJKY85 View Post
                                Hey everyone...got the call today! I've been in TSU for about 30 Days and I got the call this afternoon.

Philadelphia, PA
                                EOD 3/16/09
                                FLETC 4/09/09

My Timeline...
                                Test - 3/15/08
                                NOR - 4/02/08
                                TO - 05/19/08
                                Med/Fit - 6/18/08
                                VBT - 6/23/08
                                Drug Test - 7/11/08
                                Quals/Forms - 7/29/08
                                BI - 09/08
                                I also just got the call today! Philadelphia FLETC 4/09
                                I still can't believe it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6446 users online. 345 members and 6101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X