Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't worry to much then SuperMario because I had to send in additional forms for Lasik and my medical cleared like 2 weeks after I sent in the paperwork.
    Miami by way of Chicago
    Test 8/4/08
    TO 11/13/08
    Drug Test 11/13/08
    VBT 12/11/08
    Physical 12/16/08
    Qual 1/10/09
    Met BI 1/5/09
    BI cleared 2/19/09
    TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Great News! All my requirements have finally been completed and have been referred to EOD. Anybody have any info on how hiring in Florida is going, and if there is a long wait?
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        Great News! All my requirements have finally been completed and have been referred to EOD. Anybody have any info on how hiring in Florida is going, and if there is a long wait?
        From what i understand, if you want to go to Miami, you wont be waiting long. Good luck.

Comment

• I know this question is here somewhere but cant find it;
          When looking at the GS pay scales, I should be looking at this Law Enforcement pay scale for CBP correct?
          http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexLEO.asp
          The law enforcement pay scale looks to be a bit higher then a regular GS pay scale.
          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Great News! All my requirements have finally been completed and have been referred to EOD. Anybody have any info on how hiring in Florida is going, and if there is a long wait?
            did your quals and BI clear at the same time?

Comment

• it's this one:

http://opm.gov/flsa/oca/09tables/indexGS.asp

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                I know this question is here somewhere but cant find it;
                When looking at the GS pay scales, I should be looking at this Law Enforcement pay scale for CBP correct?
                http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexLEO.asp
                The law enforcement pay scale looks to be a bit higher then a regular GS pay scale.
                Incorrect. CBPO's are paid off the GS scale, not the GL.

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                  Thanks for all the useful information. However, you have made several references to "NEW" forum members. Just because someone may have just posted recently does not mean that person has not read through the forums. Just want to clarify that, your help is greatly appreciated.
                  I made the "general" comment as to NEW posters, since it seems like they simply come in asking questions that have been recently addressed and discussed, without reading first.
                  I personally commend those who actually take the time to use the search feature or simply read through the 300+ pages of this thread to look for answers.

Pretty sure that if you use the terms:

1) BI / Background Investigation
                  2) NOPA
                  3) IA / Internal Affairs
                  4) Waiting Time
                  5) VBT / Video Based Test / Interview

In the "SEARCH WITHIN THREAD" feature, you would have pretty good information pop up and might even find an answer...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                    did your quals and BI clear at the same time?
                    Removed by owner
                    Last edited by TPA3312; 04-23-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      From what i understand, if you want to go to Miami, you wont be waiting long. Good luck.
                      In the TO it stated, "the duty location will be in Florida (other than Miami Airport & Seaport and Key West)." Do you have any idea about other locations in Florida.

Comment

• TPA
                        you have been referred to TSU (Training & Scheduling Unit) for your EOD (Entrance On Duty) date.
                        You might want to update your SIG... and CONGRATS!!!!....
                        CBPO

Comment

In the TO it stated, "the duty location will be in Florida (other than Miami Airport & Seaport and Key West)." Do you have any idea about other locations in Florida.
                          Tampa International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Sea Port in Port Canaveral, not sure if Ft. Lauderdale would be part of it being so close to Miami... you can look up POE's for Florida in the CBP website, it'll be much more specific.
                          CBPO

Comment

• damn Yoda.. when is it going to be your time?

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                              damn Yoda.. when is it going to be your time?
                              I'll know in a few weeks... my adjudicator already wrote up the report and the supervisor told me last Friday that he would be done with it yesterday (Wednesday), and send it up through the chain... So I do know that as long as I keep showing up on CASS and the Hotline I'm good!...
                              Last edited by yoda; 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM.
                              CBPO

Comment

• the MI Factor

Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                                This is the worst wait ever. If you know anything about the Michigan's economy, you know that we are all struggling. I'm counting on this job, and every day feels like an eternity and puts me further into the hole. My investigator told me that he sent his report in on the 17th of Oct 2008. The 4 months that I've been waiting since then seems like a year.

Because the investigation included interviewing my current employer, all of my co-workers know that I'm trying to make this move and it has affected my current employment. Almost everyday someone asks me, "so what's going on with that Customs thing" in an almost condescending manner, like I'm a fool waiting on a dream and it's never really going to happen. The wait has become stressful.
                                You're not alone my friend. I roughed in houses here until everything died in '02. The job I took to replace that income was OK but last year they took $8000 a year from the position. Now my savings are gone and the desperation has set in. I don't mean to make light of everyone else's circumstances, but here in MI there is no other job to go to. We have had the highest unemployment in the nation for 3 straight years, and we've been in the bottom 4 since '02. The going advice in this forum has been for everyone to go about their lives as if they've never applied. That is sound advice but near impossible when the possibility of this job is the only raft to cling to. Misery loves company and I guess I'm just trying to let you know that there are others in that sinking boat with you. Keep your chin up. We'll get there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10047 users online. 360 members and 9687 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X