Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well as far as i've seen, border patrol applicants have been getting in within 3-6 months unless problems came up in medical or background. when my buddy got in, it took about 4 months. CBP seems to be kinda random. i've seen people in san diego get in early, and others take pretty long.

Comment

• For all you new members asking about BI's:
      There are lots of pages in this thread, and lots of discussion on Background Investigations, you might want to do a bit of reading!...
      As to your complaints of being in "LIMBO" for the past three months... try 14 months with a BI still "PENDING"!...

If you at this point have not been cleared, after meeting your Investigator, you didn't make the "CUT" for an interim clearance and are now subject to a FULL investigation. Which takes from 3 to 6 months. When you reach your 6 month period, of having met the investigator and still nothing, then you can "REALLY" worry... Most likely they ran into a bump and tossed your file aside to get to it later.
      To give you a classic example of that, a fellow applicant after 6 months contacted IA to find out what was wrong and they told him that it was unclear what his wife's nationality was... He told them she was born in a US military base in Japan, hence she was a US citizen... they said "OH OK" a week or two later he was "CLEARED"!...
      Others, like myself, have been sent NOPA's and are simply waiting to get "cleared"... Although my case is much more complicated than that!... Which takes us to the next one... Your file being tossed aside for a "BUMP" and lost in a PILE without anyone caring until you get a hold of your adjudicator....

Again,
      There is so much information in this thread that all of you "NEW" guys could take advantage of by simply reading through it...
      Last edited by yoda; 02-19-2009, 03:28 AM.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• i sent my adjudicator a fax on monday asking him to contact me by phone or email to see if he received all of my documents and whether or not any further documentation was required. guess he doesn't want to contact me back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
          i sent my adjudicator a fax on monday asking him to contact me by phone or email to see if he received all of my documents and whether or not any further documentation was required. guess he doesn't want to contact me back.
          Apparently that is the "TREND" or maybe the code of conduct they must follow, cause you are not the first that has had this NON-communication behavior after they get whatever info they need. It happened to me as well whenever I sent in my NOPA response... she never picked up or returned a call ever again after she got all the info... and left my response on her desk for 3 months, and it took me speaking to her supervisor for a month for my case to be revised by her and sent up the chain... now I wait, hopefully not more than a few more weeks, to know finally what my future holds...

BTW
          same thing happened to another applicant as well... after he sent in his response, his adjudicator cut all contact!...
          I know they are not supposed to tell us what their "findings and recommendations" were, but they should at least have the decency to pick up the phone and say "hey it's out of my hands now, all you have to do is wait", rather than ignore you.
          It is what it is!...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• well i just thought it was weird. it was like mid december and i get a call from a D.C. area code phone number. the guy is like hey, all i need is a copy of your mother's naturalization cert to complete your background. and i was like whoa sweet. so he gave me his fax number and i faxed it the same day. i just wish he could have called me back and been like yeah i got it, cuz i really just can't tell if he received it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by OVERCBPII View Post
              This is official verbiage from CBP HQ on CBP Enforcement Officer retirement vs CBPO retirement. Merlin and I and others had gone around for a bit on this matter.

If you want true 6C coverage get into the Enforcement Program once you get your 11, otherwise you will languish in this Public Law enhanced retirement coverage blah blah blah...
              I know we went round and round with this before, but if you think CBPO retirement is not 12(d) you have not read the law.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Yoda,

Thanks for all the useful information. However, you have made several references to "NEW" forum members. Just because someone may have just posted recently does not mean that person has not read through the forums. Just want to clarify that, your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Just Curious

For those of us out there who are waiting in purgatory for our BIs to clear, who have not received a NOPA, and don't expect any complications.......I was wondering how long you have been waiting.

For me, my credit was pulled twice in August and I met with my investigator in October. I'm sitting at over 6 months since my credit was pulled and 4 months since I met with my Investigator. I have good credit and no legal issues in my past

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                    i sent my adjudicator a fax on monday asking him to contact me by phone or email to see if he received all of my documents and whether or not any further documentation was required. guess he doesn't want to contact me back.
                    How do you know who you're adjudicator is? I've read that the only time you'd know is if you received a NOPA and his/her name and number are listed on the paper. Is that the case?
                    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                    Written: 5/15/08
                    NOR: 5/20/08
                    TO: 10/28/08
                    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                    Fitness: 2/02/09
                    BI: 3/15/09
                    OB: 4/24
                    EOD: 7/27
                    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                    Written: 3/15/08
                    NOR: 4/2/08
                    TO: 5/22/08
                    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                    VBT: 6/30/08
                    Drug Test: 7/10/08
                    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                    BI submitted: 10/10/08
                    TSU: 4/2/09
                    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                      For those of us out there who are waiting in purgatory for our BIs to clear, who have not received a NOPA, and don't expect any complications.......I was wondering how long you have been waiting.

For me, my credit was pulled twice in August and I met with my investigator in October. I'm sitting at over 6 months since my credit was pulled and 4 months since I met with my Investigator. I have good credit and no legal issues in my past
                      Pawn - our timelines are identical. My BI was submitted for review the same day you met with your investigator.

Test 3/15/08
                      BI Submitted for Review: 10/10/08

I have a feeling my case was put to the side. I'm half expecting a NOPA. I wrote a 4 page paper that I gave to my investigator addressing a couple issues and asked for it to be included in her report. She said she'd try but couldn't guarantee it since "they're strict on what can and can't be submitted." I never followed up to see if she did or not.

Anyway, I'm on week 21. At week 24, I'm asking Merlin for the IA number.

Waiting gets old doesn't it?
                      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                      Written: 5/15/08
                      NOR: 5/20/08
                      TO: 10/28/08
                      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                      Fitness: 2/02/09
                      BI: 3/15/09
                      OB: 4/24
                      EOD: 7/27
                      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                      Written: 3/15/08
                      NOR: 4/2/08
                      TO: 5/22/08
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                      VBT: 6/30/08
                      Drug Test: 7/10/08
                      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                      BI submitted: 10/10/08
                      TSU: 4/2/09
                      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Apparently that is the "TREND" or maybe the code of conduct they must follow, cause you are not the first that has had this NON-communication behavior after they get whatever info they need. It happened to me as well whenever I sent in my NOPA response... she never picked up or returned a call ever again after she got all the info... and left my response on her desk for 3 months, and it took me speaking to her supervisor for a month for my case to be revised by her and sent up the chain... now I wait, hopefully not more than a few more weeks, to know finally what my future holds...

BTW
                        same thing happened to another applicant as well... after he sent in his response, his adjudicator cut all contact!...
                        I know they are not supposed to tell us what their "findings and recommendations" were, but they should at least have the decency to pick up the phone and say "hey it's out of my hands now, all you have to do is wait", rather than ignore you.
                        It is what it is!...
                        Hell, at least some of you guys have gotten to talk to your investigator and/or adjudicator since your BI interview. Not that it matters i guess, but would have been nice to know when my file was submitted and what the BI thought of my chances and all that. Oh well, tic-toc-tic-toc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                          We are exactly the same. I also got a TO w/ a 79. 7/08 test. All is good save for BI and Quals. BI deadline was mid Dec 08. Whats your geo? Mine is WA northern border.

Keep your head up.
                          My geo is the San Diego area.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                            Waiting gets old doesn't it?
                            This is the worst wait ever. If you know anything about the Michigan's economy, you know that we are all struggling. I'm counting on this job, and every day feels like an eternity and puts me further into the hole. My investigator told me that he sent his report in on the 17th of Oct 2008. The 4 months that I've been waiting since then seems like a year.

Because the investigation included interviewing my current employer, all of my co-workers know that I'm trying to make this move and it has affected my current employment. Almost everyday someone asks me, "so what's going on with that Customs thing" in an almost condescending manner, like I'm a fool waiting on a dream and it's never really going to happen. The wait has become stressful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                              This is the worst wait ever. If you know anything about the Michigan's economy, you know that we are all struggling. I'm counting on this job, and every day feels like an eternity and puts me further into the hole. My investigator told me that he sent his report in on the 17th of Oct 2008. The 4 months that I've been waiting since then seems like a year.

Because the investigation included interviewing my current employer, all of my co-workers know that I'm trying to make this move and it has affected my current employment. Almost everyday someone asks me, "so what's going on with that Customs thing" in an almost condescending manner, like I'm a fool waiting on a dream and it's never really going to happen. The wait has become stressful.
                              Pawn, I know EXACTLY what you are saying, I am in a very similar situation where I have been working on getting into law enforcement for a few years now. Everyone at my work knows this, not because I tell them, but word travels fast round the campfire. So once my BI came in and spoke to my associates at work the crap really hit the fan. Now I get cold shoulders from people and my boss had the nerve to say "I knew you wouldn't become a cop, it's just to hard to get into" and "My job is just as commedable as a police officer". I don't think so pal, it's not. I wont get into what position he holds, while it is a great paying position it is a unsatisfying, unfulfilling job in retail.
                              So now I wait (BPA) I have cleared and passed everything and I am just waiting on my lasik to clear, and I just sent that in last week, so I should be medically cleared in a few. PM me if you have any other funny stories
                              Last edited by supermario; 02-19-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: I didn't want that frown face there
                              5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                How do you know who you're adjudicator is? I've read that the only time you'd know is if you received a NOPA and his/her name and number are listed on the paper. Is that the case?
                                i posted it up there. he called me one day and asked me to fax him a copy of my mother's naturalization certificate. he gave me his name and fax number. the number was a d.c. area code. he told me once i faxed it, my background would be pretty much complete. 2 months later, it's still pending.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5058 users online. 268 members and 4790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X