300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    It would depend on what your GEO preference is, if you applied for a big POE you will most likely get picked up, if not you're better off re-testing and shooting for a better score. FreeAgent applied for San Francisco/ Oakland (BIG POE) similar to anyone applying to LA/Long Beach... Low scores are picked up because of the need. If you had gone to a Compressed Testing Site, you would've gotten your TO right then and there!...
    I wish you the best of luck, who knows you might even get a TO before the next announcement!...
    Is there a big POE in the northeast that has high turnover? I ask because I tested 2 years ago and have yet to hear anything. I am willing to go anywhere on the east coast except Miami. I scored a 79.

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
      Is there a big POE in the northeast that has high turnover? I ask because I tested 2 years ago and have yet to hear anything. I am willing to go anywhere on the east coast except Miami. I scored a 79.
      Have you thought about testing again to raise your score and chance of getting a TO? Just a thought.

Comment

• This is official verbiage from CBP HQ on CBP Enforcement Officer retirement vs CBPO retirement. Merlin and I and others had gone around for a bit on this matter.

If you want true 6C coverage get into the Enforcement Program once you get your 11, otherwise you will languish in this Public Law enhanced retirement coverage blah blah blah..

However if you want that 12 13 Management go for it! its good money too!

Q. Can I move from a primary covered Customs and Border Protection Officer (Enforcement) (CBPO (E)), GS-1895-11 position to a primary covered Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO), GS-1895-11 position and receive the enhanced Customs and Border Protection Officer Retirement coverage?

Yes, special guidelines apply. The CBPO (E) and CBPO positions are covered by two distinct retirement systems which govern two distinct laws. The CBPO (E) position is covered by 5 U.S.C 8336(c) and 8412(d). The CBPO position is covered by special provisions under Public Law 110-161, Section 535, Division E.

Under Public Law 110-161, Section 535, Division E. in conjunction with the Maximum Age for Appointment to the Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection Officer Positions, the employee must meet the maximum entry age which means an employee must be under the age of 37 at the time of selection and be able to complete a total of 20 years of covered service to meet the mandatory retirement age of 57. If an employee is over the age of 37, special retirement coverage allows for use of a constructed age for purposes of qualifying candidates. For example, if a CBPO (E) is age 47 with 10 years of creditable service as a CBPO (E). The 10 years of creditable service is deducted from the employee’s age which computes the constructed age at 37. Further, the 10 years of service will be combined with the years worked under the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage to qualify for the additional retirement annuity (which is the same under both systems) and to also qualify for retirement at age 50 with 20 years of covered service or at any age with 25 years of covered service. In this example, the employee is able to complete a total of 20 years of covered service by age 57 due to the constructed age of 37 and would be qualified for the position and the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage. In addition, after the employee move to a primary CBPO Retirement position, the employee must serve in a primary covered CBPO position for 3 consecutive years without a break in service in order to fulfill the primary requirements under the enhanced CBPO retirement provisions and before moving directly to a covered secondary CBPO Retirement position to maintain the enhanced CBPO retirement coverage.
        In addition, after the employee move to a primary CBPO Retirement position, the employee must serve in a primary covered CBPO position for 3 consecutive years without a break in service in order to fulfill the primary requirements under the enhanced CBPO retirement provisions and before moving directly to a covered secondary CBPO Retirement position to maintain the enhanced CBPO retirement coverage

Q: Can a CBPO (E), GS-1895-11 move to a Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer (SCBPO), GS-1985-12 position and receive the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage?

A: The employee can move to a SCBPO and receive the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage. The SCBPO is a primary CBPO Retirement covered position. However, when the employee moves to a SCBPO position, the employee must meet the maximum entry age and mandatory retirement age requirements and remain in a primary SCBPO, GS-1895-12 position for 3 consecutive years before moving directly to a covered secondary position to maintain the enhanced CBPO retirement coverage.

Q: Can an employee move from a Supervisory Customs Border Protection Officer (Enforcement) (SCBPO (E)), GS-1895-12 or GS-1895-13 to primary SCBPO, GS-1895-12?

A: The employee can move to a SCBPO and receive the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage. The SCBPO is a primary CBPO Retirement covered position. However, when the employee moves to a SCBPO position, the employee must meet the maximum entry age and mandatory retirement age requirements and remain in a primary SCBPO, GS-1895-12 position for 3 consecutive years before moving directly to a covered secondary position to maintain the enhanced CBPO retirement coverage.

Q: Can a SCBPO (E), GS-1895-12 or GS-1895-13 move to a SCBPO, GS-1895-13 or GS-1895-14 position and retain coverage.

A: The SCBPO (E) and SCBPO fall under two different retirement systems. The SCBPO(E) fall under U.S.C 8336(c) and 8412(d) and the SCBPO fall under the Public Law 110-161, Section 535, Division E. Therefore, an employee is unable to move directly from a secondary position under one retirement system to a secondary position in another retirement system. An employee is required to move from a covered primary position to a covered secondary position without a break in service exceeding 3 days to be covered in a secondary position.

Q: Can a CBPO (E) move to a SCBPO position without losing their special retirement coverage under 5 USC 8336(c) and 8412(d) and their service time as a primary CBPO (Enforcement)?

A: If an employee moves from a CBPO (E) to a SCBPO position, he or she will lose the special retirement coverage under 5 USC 8336(c) and 8412(d), and receive special retirement coverage under Public Law 110-161, Section 535, Division E. The employee will not lose their service time as a primary CBPO (E). The service time will be combined with the years worked under the enhanced CBPO Retirement coverage to qualify for the additional retirement annuity and to also qualify for retirement at age 50 with 20 years of covered service or at any age with 25 years of covered service.

Comment

• SLC International Airport

Hi all. Has anyone heard about funding? My file and I have been in TSU limbo for 120 days now. Each response I get is that my file is there but, "No funding at this time."

I had hoped not to be in Georgia during the hotter months. But then I guess I will lose many pounds in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
            Here's what I know...
            The only option you ruled out IS your only option with a 79 at this point...
            Other than that, take the test again and "STUDY" for it, so that you can place yourself in the TOP draws (90's) and even 2nd draws at 80's.
            Good Luck!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
              FreeAgent, I haven't received the call yet. My BI is still pending. But I guess I have to live in the hotel unless something better comes up
              Best of luck affording a hotel for 3 weeks in the Bay Area, It's very expensive out there. I live about a 1hour an 40mins. away, and I'm already dreading the drive if I was to get call at any minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO859 View Post
                Anyone get a 78% on the CBPO test AND get a TO? I know some people who have scored in the 70's and have got TO's but it took a LONNNGGGG time, like over a year to just get the TO.
                This is my first time posting. I tested the end of July for WA - all other locations. Got my Notice of Results 1 week later - an 81 with no veterans preference - and Tenative Offer at the end of September. I got the call February 10 for Seattle, WA. I start pre-academy March 2 and FLETC April 2.

Timeline below.

My score of 81 is not much better than yours and I got "the call" in just under 6 1/2 months. So there is definitely hope to get through the process with a 78 in a relatively short time. Good luck!

CBPO - WA - All other locations
                Test: 07/31/08
                NOR: 08/05/08 (81 - no vet.)
                TO: 09/24/08
                Medical/Fitness: 10/13/08
                Drug Screen: 11/26/08
                VBT: 12/09/08
                BI: 11/28/08 (cleared CASS 12/29/08 - cleared with investigator 01/21/09)
                Qualifications: 12/09/08 (GS-7)
                TSU: 12/31/08
                EOD: 03/02/09
                FLETC: 04/02/09

Comment

• I met with my BI this week he went through all my references. I spent a whole day with him at my work. He interviewed my co-workers, neighbors, friends, and Employers. Supposed to send out my Backround to Washington today. Hope I don't get stuck in pending-ville!!! I had to resubmit my drug test, because Fed-ex lost it in the mail. Sucks but my background should be done soon, ....... I'll keep you all posted... I hope I get the Call!! My BI said he would recommend me even with the bad credit...
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  CBPO Announcement num 09-01 Vacancy num 190623
                  Geo Avail: San Francisco,ca
                  Tested 12/01/2008
                  NOR (passed)86 gs-5/gs-7 No vet
                  Pre-employment form completed by deadline given 01/09
                  VBT Jan, 22 2009 passed results on Feb 6, 2009
                  Quals cleared on Jan 23,2009 GS-7 ( no degree / just experience )
                  Drug test- pending
                  BI- pending
                  fitness-Completed
                  Medical- Completed
                  Pending-ville?

Comment

• Is it possible, when receiving the call from the TSU that they offer any other locations other than your geo choice?

Comment

• Sorry, also forgot to ask, can anyone shed some light on the Montana POE's? Changed my GEO from NYC to MT (night and day). Just hoping to get some insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                        I wouldn't sweat it, I got a 78. I'm already in TSU! I tested back in August 08.
                        These are the kinds of words that make me worry a great deal. I took the test July 31, 2008 and scored and 79. I met the BI 11/18/08 and that's the last since I've really heard anything. BI and Quals still pending according to CASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                          These are the kinds of words that make me worry a great deal. I took the test July 31, 2008 and scored and 79. I met the BI 11/18/08 and that's the last since I've really heard anything. BI and Quals still pending according to CASS.
                          Test: 3/15/08

BI: 9/24/08

Nothing since.
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                            We are exactly the same. I also got a TO w/ a 79. 7/08 test. All is good save for BI and Quals. BI deadline was mid Dec 08. Whats your geo? Mine is WA northern border.

Keep your head up.

Comment

• so wats easier to get into the border patrol agent or the CBPO???????

Comment

• so wats easier to get into the border patrol agent or the CBPO???????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7235 users online. 381 members and 6854 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X