300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    Its been 3 1/2 weeks since my VBT and still not cleared on CASS or the hotline. Should I be worried?
    No, it takes a while to review all the videos, especially if they were sent in a large group. No news is good news. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get back the results. You're results may be in but not posted to CASS as well.

Comment

• CBPO Test Scores in the 70's...

Anyone get a 78% on the CBPO test AND get a TO? I know some people who have scored in the 70's and have got TO's but it took a LONNNGGGG time, like over a year to just get the TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
        Congrats on getting to STU.

I guessing they filled East Texas a couple weeks ago. I haven't contacted TSU (so I could be wrong), but from reading here and on the Delphi forum, I think they only used up applicants in the pipeline that have been in TSU from early November. I've been in TSU since 12/23 for East Texas. I think we might have a long wait ahead of us in TSU, but I'm not complaining. Waiting at this stage is a lot easier than staring at "pending" steps all day.

Are you hoping for Houston? or someplace else?
        Thanks,

I kinda hope they take a little while because I would like to find out about the USMS before I went to FLETC. Nothing like spending almost a year at FLETC if I had to go through two academies.

Yeah I'm hoping for Houston since I already live in the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO859 View Post
          Anyone get a 78% on the CBPO test AND get a TO? I know some people who have scored in the 70's and have got TO's but it took a LONNNGGGG time, like over a year to just get the TO.
          Hard to say, just a matter of how long it takes them to burn thru the amount of people that scored in the 80's and 90's. And obviously not everyone who gets a t.o. is gonna pass every other pre-employment step, so keep the faith.

Comment

• CBP Hiring

I heard yesterday from the PR person for CBP - OFO that CBP will be opening 11,000 positions in the Spring. People already in the pipeline will start getting pushed through. Border Patrol will most likely get at least half of those positions!

Comment

I heard yesterday from the PR person for CBP - OFO that CBP will be opening 11,000 positions in the Spring. People already in the pipeline will start getting pushed through. Border Patrol will most likely get at least half of those positions!
              Dont forget all the admin and support positions though will eat up some of those job numbers. They are supposed to have a spring vacancy in which detroit will be an option so tell whomever got the 78 to retest.

Comment

• I just heard San Ysidro and Otay Mesa POEs under San Diego FO has either hired or is hiring several hundred persons for FY 2009. We are getting several FNGs a week here.

Not sure if they are done hiring, but perhaps some can get in faster by changing their geographical preference with Twin Cities Good Luck to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                  ni86, how you planing to do pre-academy all the way from Boston to the west coast? Bay Area is crazy expensive!
                  FreeAgent, I haven't received the call yet. My BI is still pending. But I guess I have to live in the hotel unless something better comes up

Comment

I wouldn't sweat it, I got a 78. I'm already in TSU! I tested back in August 08.

Comment

• why can't they just offer JFK already

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                        why can't they just offer JFK already
                        Because God hates me.

Comment

• you from nyc area? i figuered god's hate for me was enough to cover the region

Comment

It would depend on what your GEO preference is, if you applied for a big POE you will most likely get picked up, if not you're better off re-testing and shooting for a better score. FreeAgent applied for San Francisco/ Oakland (BIG POE) similar to anyone applying to LA/Long Beach... Low scores are picked up because of the need. If you had gone to a Compressed Testing Site, you would've gotten your TO right then and there!...
                            I wish you the best of luck, who knows you might even get a TO before the next announcement!...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                              why can't they just offer JFK already
                              I am currently exactly 7 mins from either JFK or Laguardia but my TO might as well be in Canadia.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Cant speak for every situation, but you'd better have your stuff in order. Normally you'll have your last day of pre-academy on say, Tuesday and have to report to fletc on Thursday. Then technically if you graduate on Thursday, unless you take leave, you're supposed to be reporting for work at your POE on Friday.
                                Actually if you graduate on Thursday, Friday is considered your travel day. I believe we graduated from about 1400 until about 1500. We graduated after a slightly extended lunch and we had a practice run through before the actual graduation. After all of the congratulations and all were said I was back in my room and changing (I lived right next door) by 1530. If you lived in the crack houses or the Taj you could easily not be back at your room until almost 1600 or later. It would not be much of a stretch to say you were tied up with work related things until the end of the duty day at 1630. With Friday being a travel day you basically do not have to show up until Sunday (you already did your 40 hours). If you are required to show up on Saturday it will be O/T, while that is not out of the question, I doubt any port director will require someone who doesn't know what to do yet to work O/T their first day back. I guess if you worked at Jacksonville, Savannah, or Brunswick POE's you could be required to report Friday, but you'd still be useless until your pistol showed up.

The port where I work had all of the noobs show up on Monday following the academy, because until then we were useless, we didn't have our pistols yet. The head firearms instructor does not work on Sunday at my port. Personnally after spending three months at FLETC I was ready to go. I was changed and ready to drive off the center by about 1540. The wife and mother-in-law on the other hand held us up until amost 1630.
                                Last edited by kc12; 02-18-2009, 03:14 PM.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 352 members and 6381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X