300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
    1st day of Pre-Academy down. 28 New Hires today at MIA going to FLETC 3/12 and 3/13 in 2 different classes.

Swore in today, signed a bunch of paperwork, got direct deposit and health insurance taken care of, and just different people talking to us trying to tell us what to expect.

On a side note, you can fit 28 people into an airport elevator.
    28 people WOW! I hope there is still room for. Please give me the heads up on anything and let me know how you can get to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks
    Miami by way of Chicago
    Test 8/4/08
    TO 11/13/08
    Drug Test 11/13/08
    VBT 12/11/08
    Physical 12/16/08
    Qual 1/10/09
    Met BI 1/5/09
    BI cleared 2/19/09
    TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• So some idiot today at work thinks that because we are not in uniform yet thinks that he can mess around. Our supervisor comes over and tells ALL the trainees that if anyone messes around one more time he will make sure that DC will be notified and see to it that person gets fired.

If you are starting soon, please treat pre-academy seriously and dont screw it for everyone else or you will be hated by all your classmates!

Comment

• My apologies, as I view this forum as a great resourse and didn't intend to jeopardize anyone.

Thanks Yoda for the advice!
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• cbp

i just noticed that there was a cbp nationwide opening that ended feb 16th and right now i work for border patrol. I missed the opening period is there any way i can still apply for this round , i really dont wanna wait till the next round. thanks

Comment

• it doesn't look like it's on USAJOBS anymore.. i think you might have to wait :/ any reason in particular that you want to move from BP to CBP?

Comment

• love the job but wanna get back home... so u mean i have to wait another six months this sucks.

Comment

• damn that sucks. since you're BP the process would go by pretty fast for you too. my roommate was BP and tested 12/1/08 and got "the call" like feb 12. i'm jealous that he took the test 4 months after me and got in before me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderpatrol007 View Post
                  i just noticed that there was a cbp nationwide opening that ended feb 16th and right now i work for border patrol. I missed the opening period is there any way i can still apply for this round , i really dont wanna wait till the next round. thanks
                  Don't feel too bad it wasn't a national announcement only certain ports.SW border and Washington state I believe but there were only about 6 locations open total so there may be another announcement before too long.

Comment

• This is the response email to the question I asked about the Detroit Vacancies:

"We are having an Open Period for Limited locations (Jan 30, 2009 until Feb 16, 2009) at this time and then we will have a Nationwide Open Period in the early Spring (which will include Detroit.)"
                    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

• How much time do they give you after pre-academy to get to FLETC? Also, how much time after FLETC do you get to move your junk to the new port? Does it vary depending on how far you are from your port, or is it a set time frame for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                        How much time do they give you after pre-academy to get to FLETC? Also, how much time after FLETC do you get to move your junk to the new port? Does it vary depending on how far you are from your port, or is it a set time frame for everyone?
                        Cant speak for every situation, but you'd better have your stuff in order. Normally you'll have your last day of pre-academy on say, Tuesday and have to report to fletc on Thursday. Then technically if you graduate on Thursday, unless you take leave, you're supposed to be reporting for work at your POE on Friday.

Comment

• Hmmmm....That's not good. I live at the very bottom of Texas and my POE is Los Angeles/Long Beach. That is going to be a LOOOOONG day of driving!! I will need a car in L.A.! Thanks for the heads up barnaj! Atleast I have all this waiting time to plan ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                            Hmmmm....That's not good. I live at the very bottom of Texas and my POE is Los Angeles/Long Beach. That is going to be a LOOOOONG day of driving!! I will need a car in L.A.! Thanks for the heads up barnaj! Atleast I have all this waiting time to plan ahead!
                            On a brighter note, they will normally let you take an advance on your leave so you can use a day or two in conjunction with your travel day, which will come in handy if your driving a long way.

Comment

• Its been 3 1/2 weeks since my VBT and still not cleared on CASS or the hotline. Should I be worried?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                                Its been 3 1/2 weeks since my VBT and still not cleared on CASS or the hotline. Should I be worried?
                                Nah, whether you pass or fail, you will get a results notice in the mail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7237 users online. 223 members and 7014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X