300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    CASS updated for me this morning also, and now all the requirements for a CBPO position are listed as completed. Anyone know what happens next?
    when did you test? Im also from Tampa and waiting on FL...I havent cleared BI and Qual yet tho ...congrats.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what my choices might be if my T.O. said Los Angeles/Long Beach? Does that mean I will be in Long Beach or will they also offer me LAX? Or maybe somewhere in the Southern Border of California? Any insight will be useful! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cart pusher View Post
        OK so I took Lukeville, AZ POE.

Pre-Academy March 2nd

I start FLETC on APR 8. What Class number is that?
        Hey Cart Pusher,
        Congrats on your offer, You are class number 940, I am in that class.
        CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
        Test date 12/07
        EOD: 3/2/09
        FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
          Can anyone tell me what my choices might be if my T.O. said Los Angeles/Long Beach? Does that mean I will be in Long Beach or will they also offer me LAX? Or maybe somewhere in the Southern Border of California? Any insight will be useful! Thanks!
          it's LAX or Long Beach Port, thats it..

Comment

• Originally posted by jav252003 View Post
            Does anyone knows if there is any movement on applications in Florida?
            I am curious just as much as you are. I tested a long time ago and still havent heard a word.
            Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• With my VBT coming up (2-23), I was wondering if someone could PM me with the general questions I should expect. From what I have read, I hear there are 8 questions and it takes about 30 minutes. Thanks!
              Test Date: 12/8/08
              NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
              TO: 1/30/09-Received
              Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
              VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
              Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
              Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
              Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
              Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
              BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                With my VBT coming up (2-23), I was wondering if someone could PM me with the general questions I should expect. From what I have read, I hear there are 8 questions and it takes about 30 minutes. Thanks!
                That would be a violation of the agreement everyone signed. No one is to disclose any information regarding the questions on the VBT. You can read the FAQ which gives a general description. Dress nice and keep a customer service mindset.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                  With my VBT coming up (2-23), I was wondering if someone could PM me with the general questions I should expect. From what I have read, I hear there are 8 questions and it takes about 30 minutes. Thanks!
                  Well apparently you haven't really read what has been said in this thread!
                  Everyone that takes the VBT signs a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) as to discussing the contents of the Video Based Test (Interview). Other than what generally has been discussed of the VBT on this thread, there isn't anything else that can be added.

Seriously,
                  This test is simply to see if you have the personality traits required to be a CBPO, that's it, there is no STUDYING for it! If someone here feels like they should tell other candidates what scenarios to expect, then you are placing fellow officers in jeopardy, by simply giving someone else a "cheat sheet" to pass a test.

Simple advice for the VBT:

1) wear a suit
                  2) go in with a customer care/ common sense attitude

That's all you need!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    How's it feel to be back and at your port jwm? Any updates for us?
                    It's good to be done with FLETC. It's not so bad being the new guy, most folks want to help you learn how the port works and their way of doing things. It sucks to realize you throw out much of what you learn at FLETC because your port does things much differently. It's a good job, especially in these times.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                      Customs and Border Protection Officer -XXXXXXX

FAQ's for this position

Referred to Schedule EOD 2/13/2009

You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
                      Congrats on getting to TSU.

I guessing they filled East Texas a couple weeks ago. I haven't contacted TSU (so I could be wrong), but from reading here and on the Delphi forum, I think they only used up applicants in the pipeline that have been in TSU from early November. I've been in TSU since 12/23 for East Texas. I think we might have a long wait ahead of us in TSU, but I'm not complaining. Waiting at this stage is a lot easier than staring at "pending" steps all day.

Are you hoping for Houston? or someplace else?
                      CBPO
                      Tested - 8/21/08
                      TO - 9/23/08
                      TSU - 12/23/08
                      Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Medical Expiration Question

Just got the letter today saying I will have to redo my medical soon because it will expire. Anyone who had this happen, do you know if this takes you out of TSU and after you redo you're medical if you keep your same TSU date. Thanks

Comment

• 1st day of Pre-Academy down. 28 New Hires today at MIA going to FLETC 3/12 and 3/13 in 2 different classes.

Swore in today, signed a bunch of paperwork, got direct deposit and health insurance taken care of, and just different people talking to us trying to tell us what to expect.

On a side note, you can fit 28 people into an airport elevator.
                          GEO Pref: MIA
                          Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                          TO: 9/08
                          Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                          Medical: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          VBT: Completed 12/4
                          BI: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed
                          TSU: 12/4
                          EOD: 2/17
                          FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                            1st day of Pre-Academy down. 28 New Hires today at MIA going to FLETC 3/12 and 3/13 in 2 different classes.

Swore in today, signed a bunch of paperwork, got direct deposit and health insurance taken care of, and just different people talking to us trying to tell us what to expect.

On a side note, you can fit 28 people into an airport elevator.
                            Congrats!!!
                            Does your port house you during pre-academy?
                            Thanks
                            Last edited by ni86; 02-17-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                              Congrats!!!
                              Thanks
                              As far as I know, no port does.
                              GEO Pref: MIA
                              Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                              TO: 9/08
                              Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                              Medical: Completed
                              Fitness: Completed
                              VBT: Completed 12/4
                              BI: Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed
                              TSU: 12/4
                              EOD: 2/17
                              FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                                Congrats!!!
                                Thanks
                                ni86, how you planing to do pre-academy all the way from Boston to the west coast? Bay Area is crazy expensive!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7254 users online. 355 members and 6899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X