Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
    Congrats and Good Luck.. I'm way behind you guys for Newark.

    jrq16
    Thank you JRQ,,,
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

    CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

    Comment


    • Week 4 - 2nd Exam

      Glad to get this week over with. This was a stressful week. Exam # 2 was pretty hard to prepare for. Only 6 more exams and 9 more weeks togo. PT isn't so bad anymore. Getting used to it finally. For all you guys and gals that are getting ready to come to FLETC make sure your doing some kind of cardio training to stay in/get in shape. Good Luck and congrats!
      CBP
      Written Test - 2/7/07
      TO - 3/10/07 SF CA.
      SF86 - Completed *Recieved
      Qualifications - *6/27/07 Cleared for GS5
      Med. - 3/9/07 *Cleared
      Structured - 6/22/07 *Cleared
      Drug -7/10/07 *Cleared
      B.I. - 10/01/07 Cleared
      Fitness - 3/9/07 *Cleared
      EOD- 10/29/07

      IEA
      Written Test - 5/17/07
      NOR - 6/7/07 93.9
      COE - 6/30/07
      SF86 - Mailed 7/9/07
      Fitness - Scheduled 7/19/07 Completed
      Med & Drug - Completed from CBP
      Interview- 8/1/07 Completed

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cbp hopeful View Post
        Glad to get this week over with. This was a stressful week. Exam # 2 was pretty hard to prepare for. Only 6 more exams and 9 more weeks togo. PT isn't so bad anymore. Getting used to it finally. For all you guys and gals that are getting ready to come to FLETC make sure your doing some kind of cardio training to stay in/get in shape. Good Luck and congrats!

        Glad its going well. Hopefully you have or you get Mr. Gresko for p.t. or d.t. or something. that guy is the coolest.

        Comment


        • Just starting the process.
          Took the written test on Oct 31, 2007 and got the NOR on Nov 5, 2007. Scored a 99 (without vets preference). I selected all of Jersey as the region i am applying to. Anyone from the Oct 31st Test hear anything or applying to Jersey?
          Current TSO in the DHS/TSA at EWR here.
          ___
          CBP
          Written: 10/31/07
          NOR Written: 11/05/07 "99" No pref - GS 5 & 7
          Selection Letter: 01/20/08 GS-7 "New Jersey TBD"
          Package: 01/23/08 Completed and returned
          Medical: Completed
          Fitness: 02/12/08 Passed
          VBT: 03/24/08 Passed
          BI: Completed
          Qualified for GS 7
          Drug Test: Scheduled 04/10/08
          "The Call" 06/18/08 EWR
          EOD 07/07/08
          FLETC 07/28/08

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EWRTSO View Post
            Just starting the process.
            Took the written test on Oct 31, 2007 and got the NOR on Nov 5, 2007. Scored a 99 (without vets preference). I selected all of Jersey as the region i am applying to. Anyone from the Oct 31st Test hear anything or applying to Jersey?
            Current TSO in the DHS/TSA at EWR here.
            EWRTSO,

            Still have not heard anything. I selected the NJ region as well. Tested on 11/15 with a NOR on 11/19.

            Maybe you'll get something around Christmas

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
              EWRTSO,

              Still have not heard anything. I selected the NJ region as well. Tested on 11/15 with a NOR on 11/19.

              Maybe you'll get something around Christmas

              Thanks for the feedback.

              I'm trying to also keep up with what others are seeing in the TSA. When i took my written test in downtown Newark the proctor asked the group who taking the test was TSA....... over half the room raised their hands.

              Thank again!
              Last edited by EWRTSO; 12-11-2007, 01:55 PM.
              ___
              CBP
              Written: 10/31/07
              NOR Written: 11/05/07 "99" No pref - GS 5 & 7
              Selection Letter: 01/20/08 GS-7 "New Jersey TBD"
              Package: 01/23/08 Completed and returned
              Medical: Completed
              Fitness: 02/12/08 Passed
              VBT: 03/24/08 Passed
              BI: Completed
              Qualified for GS 7
              Drug Test: Scheduled 04/10/08
              "The Call" 06/18/08 EWR
              EOD 07/07/08
              FLETC 07/28/08

              Comment


              • CBP officer

                Is anyone here from San Diego and applying for th eport of entries here in san diego. All im waiting for is the BI and Qualifications to be completed on CASS.

                I heard the wait time could be into the summer?!?!
                What if quotas did exist?!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                  Is anyone here from San Diego and applying for th eport of entries here in san diego. All im waiting for is the BI and Qualifications to be completed on CASS.

                  I heard the wait time could be into the summer?!?!
                  Hi there ExSDSO, I too am waiting for those exact things to clear in CASS. My medical cleared about 3-4 weeks ago. Up to this point things had been moving along rapidly.

                  Took the written test on August 29th, 2007. When did you take your written?

                  Comment


                  • CBP Officer

                    I took the test a lil over a year ago and before I left the San Diego Sheriffs Department I called and had my profile reactivated but my medical cleared maybe a 1 1/2 months ago. I just heard from my father in law who works for CBP here in san diego that we could be leaving in the summer time becasue there getting 120+ academy grads here soon to start working so i dont know.
                    What if quotas did exist?!

                    Comment


                    • Any advice on Video Base Interview?

                      I have my schedule for VBT on 12/14 @ 3pm in Long Beach, CA.

                      Any inputs and insights will be very much appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by whc cm u View Post
                        I have my schedule for VBT on 12/14 @ 3pm in Long Beach, CA.

                        Any inputs and insights will be very much appreciated.
                        whc cm u,

                        When did you take your written test, now that your up to the VBT?

                        jrq16

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by whc cm u View Post
                          I have my schedule for VBT on 12/14 @ 3pm in Long Beach, CA.

                          Any inputs and insights will be very much appreciated.

                          Dont sweat it man. VBT is a joke, kinda weird at first cuz your alone in a room basically acting in front of a video screen. But its just common sense. But that being said, be smart and mature about your answers, because the VBT has to be passed to continue to the next hring steps and it would be a dumb thing to get knocked out for.
                          Good Luck

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                            whc cm u,

                            When did you take your written test, now that your up to the VBT?

                            jrq16
                            Aug 2007, when I took my test.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Dont sweat it man. VBT is a joke, kinda weird at first cuz your alone in a room basically acting in front of a video screen. But its just common sense. But that being said, be smart and mature about your answers, because the VBT has to be passed to continue to the next hring steps and it would be a dumb thing to get knocked out for.
                              Good Luck
                              Thanks.... Do you remember what kind of questions do they ask?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by whc cm u View Post
                                Thanks.... Do you remember what kind of questions do they ask?
                                They dont ask questions. Theres video taped scenarios, then they tape you reacting to them. Its honestly more like acting than an interview. As a matter of fact its not an interview whatsoever.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8746 users online. 275 members and 8471 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X