Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stw1226

rabakou and Yoda

Thx for your info. I'll keep in mind. Things going fast here =D

Regarding is the test hard... i am not a native speaker, so.. the english part is hard for me, and the math part is easy for me. And be honest with you, I am suprise that i pass with a decent score (88)! But I did prepare for the test, so i guess that's why I did decent on it. I have suggestion,

1. This test is really time sensitive, each question is less than a min to ans (after you finish reading the question and ans, 30 sec gone, and you have 30 sec to choose the answers) .. so you have to ATTACK the question. (that was my mind set get into the test room)... you dont' have much time to just sit there and play with your pencil...
    2. even i am good at math, i barely finish (only 3 min left). So, yes.. use the same mind set.
    3. at CPB website, they have sample test, I strongly suggest you study and UNDERSTAND every question, what's the reason you get wrong... etc. It might be helpfun when the real test come.
    4. Again, while you practice, set up your clock, so you know how fast you need to do in real test. I was short on time on section 1. (3 questions haven't finish.)
    anyway.. that's my suggestion. feel free to comment.

Comment

• stw1226

Originally posted by davidB.
      that test was hard, or much harder then i thought. I knew I passed, but could have easily said that half the people in the room with me wouldn't have. You can just tell when taking the test and looking at body language during the break. I took mine in downtown L.A. back in August and it looked like a random sample of 200 people at the dmv. I got a 85 and wish I would have brushed up on my math
      hey david

you are already in CPB already? since you pass your test and you are at AUG testing date? Just wondering. I am at Dec testing date

Comment

• Lancer07
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2009

In my TO Packet, it states that the forms must be sent back within five business days. I am having problems getting the fingerprinting done with the local police departments and the state police. The President's Day holiday is not helping. If I received the forms on Wed February 11, then the forms would need to be at the Hiring Center by Wed February 18 b/c of the holiday. Am I right? Also what is the best service to use when shipping out the forms? (FedEx, UPS, USPS)

Comment

• furrball409
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Lancer07
          In my TO Packet, it states that the forms must be sent back within five business days. I am having problems getting the fingerprinting done with the local police departments and the state police. The President's Day holiday is not helping. If I received the forms on Wed February 11, then the forms would need to be at the Hiring Center by Wed February 18 b/c of the holiday. Am I right? Also what is the best service to use when shipping out the forms? (FedEx, UPS, USPS)
          I was running late on getting my forms sent in on time also. I called and they said they would give me an extra week or two window. I don't remember the number exactly but I think it was just the MHC number.

When mailing in my NOPA response I sent it in next day mail via USPS. It cost me about $20 but I had to do it.

Comment

• Lancer07
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2009

Yeah I was thinking of calling too tomorrow but I do not think anyone will be there b/c of the federal holiday. I guess I should call on Tuesday morning unless I can get this fingerprinting done soon.

Comment

• TheNewbie
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2008

I test the 28th in San Antonio. Right now is when I wish I had put more effort into math during high school.

Comment

• wmcgalrd
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2008

Quals?

Has anyone noticed how long on average it takes for someones quals to clear after the BI? If quals are the last thing someone is waiting on.

Comment

• yoda
                  2LT ARNG
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Lancer07
                  Yeah I was thinking of calling too tomorrow but I do not think anyone will be there b/c of the federal holiday. I guess I should call on Tuesday morning unless I can get this fingerprinting done soon.
                  Call MHC and let them know what's going on with your print cards, they'll give you the extra time, also the time limit they impose is for the postmark of the package... if it is postmarked at the date it was due you will be fine.
                  Just give them a call on tuesday, the number to MHC should be in your packet.

wmcgalrd

It would depend on what you tried to qualify as, if you went for GS-7 it will take time for them to go over and verify, for GS-5 it shouldn't take that long.
                  If it has been more than 2 weeks since your BI cleared and your Qualifications are still pending, just call MHC and find out if there is anything wrong.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• wmcgalrd
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yoda
                    Call MHC and let them know what's going on with your print cards, they'll give you the extra time, also the time limit they impose is for the postmark of the package... if it is postmarked at the date it was due you will be fine.
                    Just give them a call on tuesday, the number to MHC should be in your packet.

wmcgalrd

It would depend on what you tried to qualify as, if you went for GS-7 it will take time for them to go over and verify, for GS-5 it shouldn't take that long.
                    If it has been more than 2 weeks since your BI cleared and your Qualifications are still pending, just call MHC and find out if there is anything wrong.

Thanks Yoda, yeah GS-7 (education) is probably holding me up that is what I went for at the begining. I now know from reading this forum over the months that can hold you up.

Comment

• yoda
                      2LT ARNG
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wmcgalrd
                      Thanks Yoda, yeah GS-7 (education) is probably holding me up that is what I went for at the begining. I now know from reading this forum over the months that can hold you up.
                      They'll need to go over your transcripts and verify your GPA and all that good stuff...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Lancer07
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2009

Does the form entitled "Provisional Clear Statement of Understanding" need to have copies of it sent in with it or is the original only needed? Also, there is a suitability form that is three pages long. Is the original only needed to be sent in? Thanks
                        Last edited by Lancer07; 02-15-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• 1jay1
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2008

Graduation question

Merlin or anyone who is a current agent,
                          Do you know when our actual graduation day is? Would it be when we complete our 16 weeks at FLECT or after we are done with our final six weeks at South Carolina? My family is trying to plan flights for graduation, and book it early.
                          CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
                          Test date 12/07
                          EOD: 3/2/09
                          FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• robeans
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by 1jay1
                            Merlin or anyone who is a current agent,
                            Do you know when our actual graduation day is? Would it be when we complete our 16 weeks at FLECT or after we are done with our final six weeks at South Carolina? My family is trying to plan flights for graduation, and book it early.
                            It's at the finish of FLETC. Your grad date should be on the welcome to CBP form you got, the one with your EOD info.

When you go to Charleston, you'll have a badge and creds.

Comment

• davidB.
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by stw1226
                              hey david

you are already in CPB already? since you pass your test and you are at AUG testing date? Just wondering. I am at Dec testing date
                              no, just waiting for backgrounds to clear

Comment

• jav252003
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2009

Does anyone knows if there is any movement on applications in Florida?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11870 users online. 67 members and 11803 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...