• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Cbp Test Hard?

Comment

• yoda, why you are not sleeping? LOL

does everybody have a good V-day? Just curious! LOL

Got my VBT test letter.. so update you guys here... do i need to worry about anything? or just simple "common sense" stuff on VBT? anyway... peace out.

The VBT is really just common sense as long as you have basic people skills. It 8 scenerios and you respond to them. It lasts about 30 minutes. You shouldn't have anything to worry about STW1226. oh! By the way, I had a good V-Day too! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Looking at your posts, are you sure you didn't apply for Border Patrol Agent instead of CBPO?
        I absolutly applied for a Border Patrol Agent!
        Sorry, I thought the tests were the same, my fault.

I look good in green
        Border Patrol Timeline
        Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
        Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
        Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
        Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
        Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
        Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
        Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
        Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
        Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
          Is The Cbp Test Hard?
          Extremely, more then half who take it fail.

Why do you ask?

CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
            Extremely, more then half who take it fail.

Why do you ask?

You must be kidding!!!

Comment

• Well Im Asking Because My Test Date Is 2/20/09

Comment

• Let me present this question about FLETC. I was searching but couldn't find any info about shoes. Does FLETC issue shoes with the uniform like the military, or do we buy our own uniform shoes. And if that's the case, what brands and types would you recommend. I will be in the airport environment, so I assume I will be standing alot..Thanks.

EOD IAH 2/17
                CBPO class #933 3/5

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer13 View Post
                  Let me present this question about FLETC. I was searching but couldn't find any info about shoes. Does FLETC issue shoes with the uniform like the military, or do we buy our own uniform shoes. And if that's the case, what brands and types would you recommend. I will be in the airport environment, so I assume I will be standing alot..Thanks.

EOD IAH 2/17
                  CBPO class #933 3/5
                  I'm CBPI class # 933 as well..they will be giving you a packet of information, including common FAQ's. I believe it said to show up with a pair of plain-toe black shoes, and they would be issuing us a pair of boots, sometime thereafter.

Comment

Is The Cbp Test Hard?
                    Get the study guide, if you have any problems getting the questions right, then you must practice. It goes double for the Math portion, if you have any problems with FRACTIONS, I suggest you get to studying and practicing with them.
                    I have given my example of the day I tested, about 500 took it and less than 100 passed... So it is not that easy...
                    Good Luck!

REMEMBER THAT IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT PASSING, YOU NEED A COMPETITIVE GRADE AS WELL!...
                    Last edited by yoda; 02-15-2009, 01:35 PM.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                      Got my VBT test letter.. so update you guys here... do i need to worry about anything? or just simple "common sense" stuff on VBT? anyway... peace out.
                      My advice to you is... 1) Wear a suit, 2) Common Sense/Customer Service mindset.
                      You'll be fine!
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Is The Cbp Test Hard?
                        It's not easy but not rocket science either. Unless you are a very good test taker or just fresh out of school, I would suggest studying for at least a couple of weeks.
                        Last edited by rbakous1; 02-15-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          My advice to you is... 1) Wear a suit, 2) Common Sense/Customer Service mindset.
                          You'll be fine!
                          Just to add to that. Take it seriously and keep in mind it's the whole interview that will be assessed, so if you stumble on one part don't let nerves or frustration carry over into the next scenario. Do your best to give a good overall performance.

Comment

Is The Cbp Test Hard?
                            Download the study guide from CBP’s website and go over it time and time again.

My local Barnes and Noble had a book for Border Patrol (isbn 9781576855751) but the math section and reasoning part is the same as on the test for Border Protection.

Most questions are easy; only few are tricky. The problem is time. Sometimes a question will have a lead-in that’s few paragraphs long. By the time you’re done reading it you have about a minute to answer it.

The test itself is a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. Be on time – at my location they closed the door at 10.30 am sharp and whomever arrived late was not admitted.

First half an hour is filling out the scantron sheet.

Then reasoning test, 1h 15min. Few minutes rest, then math, same time. Half an hour break, then English section, then self evaluation part. We were done by 3 PM.

Remember, questions themselves are quite easy, but you need to go over them quickly. That’s the tricky part. It comes up to something like 2 minutes per question.

Good luck!
                            CBPO Timeline
                            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                              The math was much harder than the study guide questions. In the guide the answers were in the tens and hundreds. But on the exam the answers were in the hundred thousands and millions. Plus without a calculator.
                              X2 on your comment.. when we arrived to that part of the test, i was like WOW.. i'm OK at Math but this part of the test was HARD.. if we were able to use a calculator (like most people use out in the real world) it would have made it a lot easier..
                              Last edited by nordy racer; 02-15-2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• that test was hard, or much harder then i thought. I knew I passed, but could have easily said that half the people in the room with me wouldn't have. You can just tell when taking the test and looking at body language during the break. I took mine in downtown L.A. back in August and it looked like a random sample of 200 people at the dmv. I got a 85 and wish I would have brushed up on my math

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9394 users online. 442 members and 8952 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X