Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you yoda and barnaj, good luck to you guys as well.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
      Case is still in the security office. It has been almost two and half months. time is going by pretty quick due to my current heavy work load. I have stayed away from this thread and thinking about the job and it has helped time really go by. Good luck to all of you waiting.

      P.S. Does anyone know what the job outlook is at Long Beach port? Say 6 months, will they still need a lot of people? Also, I know they are hiring a lot of people, are they also getting rid of people?
      Dont feel bad, mine's been since late October. Im sure they are backlogged right now. Sorry, dont have the 411 on Cali geo's.

      Comment


      • You can pretty much bet that any good-sized port is in a constant state of people moving out/up and new people moving in.

        Comment


        • I have not posted in a while, just wanted to give everyone an update on my process. Just checked the Cass System and it says that my background has been completed. The last thing to complete is my quals.

          Just for those of you still waiting for their backgrounds to clear, I tested in March 08' and I met with my background investigator I believe in August 08'. I have been a police officer for the past 11.5 years and a state cop for the past 5 years so the backgrounds must be very back logged.

          Best advice I can give to people is to just go about your lives and don't worry yourself to death about the process. If it is met to be it will be.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Yeah so i get this manilla envelope in the mail today from the CBP PCS unit. I got nervous for something bad and excited for something good. As it turns out, it was a congrats on passing your fitness test and that dumb book about "maintaining fitness for the rigorous training at fletc". Well it was less than exciting since i already knew i passed the fit test a month ago. Oh well.
            Hahaha... Same thing happened to me awhile ago.

            Comment


            • Guys what happened to them taking the new people to the range and the mat to teach them hands on stuff?! I am stuck here in the mail facility for the next week until FLETC! No range or mat time...so unfair!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                Guys what happened to them taking the new people to the range and the mat to teach them hands on stuff?! I am stuck here in the mail facility for the next week until FLETC! No range or mat time...so unfair!
                Pre-academy has always been pretty much up to the individual ports to decide what to do with it.

                If it makes you feel better, I never saw the range or a matroom before FLETC. I'd be willing to bet that most Officers don't/haven't either.

                Comment


                • Could someone PM me the form that my LASIK doctor needs to sign OR is the doctor supposed to just write a letter for me to bring for my medical. I tried sending this question to the Medical Unit but they aren't responding. Thanks.
                  CBPO:
                  EXAM: 8/08
                  NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
                  T.O.: 2/2/09
                  GEO - E. TX
                  Forms - 2/6/09
                  Quals - 4/13/09
                  Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
                  VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
                  UDS - 6/24/09
                  BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
                  Fitness - 3/9/09
                  TSU - 7/2/09
                  ___________________

                  Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
                  GEO: VT
                  NOR: 99 (GS-11)
                  T.O.: 10/28/09
                  B.I.: clr 3/12/10
                  E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
                    Could someone PM me the form that my LASIK doctor needs to sign OR is the doctor supposed to just write a letter for me to bring for my medical. I tried sending this question to the Medical Unit but they aren't responding. Thanks.
                    I believe that your LASIK issue is addressed after you have gone through your medical. You inform the Doctor/Nurse about the procedure, they'll make a note, and you'll be contacted later by the Medical Unit with whatever forms or information they need. There has to be a 90 day period from the date of the procedure for the Medical Unit to clear you based on your test results from your Doctor.
                    Last edited by yoda; 02-14-2009, 03:40 AM.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Got the call yesterday for Houlton,Me, start pre-academy March 9 and FLETC on April 8 to July 21.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        I believe that your LASIK issue is addressed after you have gone through your medical. You inform the Doctor/Nurse about the procedure, they'll make a note, and you'll be contacted later by the Medical Unit with whatever forms or information they need. There has to be a 90 period from the date of the procedure for the Medical Unit to clear you based on your test results from your Doctor.

                        I went through the Lasix surgery on May 9, 2008...The medical Unit will give you the paperwork to give to your MD. You just make a 90 day follow up & it just a one page questionnaire he signs off & mail it back. Lasix was the best investment I made 20/20 in 15 minutes...Good luck...
                        CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
                        Test date 12/07
                        EOD: 3/2/09
                        FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Justin03 View Post
                          Got the call yesterday for Houlton,Me, start pre-academy March 9 and FLETC on April 8 to July 21.
                          Congrats! Was that your first choice? What options did you get? See you at FLETC.

                          Comment


                          • How long after my entrance exam before I can do my E-qip?
                            The website is asking for questions , other than what is listed in my booklet from CBP..
                            Thanks in advance
                            Border Patrol Timeline
                            Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                            Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                            Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                            Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                            Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                            Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                            Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                            Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                            Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                              How long after my entrance exam before I can do my E-qip?
                              The website is asking for questions , other than what is listed in my booklet from CBP..
                              Thanks in advance
                              Have you received a TO yet? If not, you shouldn't be doing anything with E-Qip.

                              Comment


                              • I got the call.

                                my GEO is AZ

                                so I was offered

                                Nogales, Douglas, Lukeville, or San Luis(Yuma)

                                I have to call him back on Tuesday.

                                No dates or class number as of yet.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9934 users online. 494 members and 9440 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X