Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Yoda,
    I meant to ask you after looking at your timeline. Did they issue you a second t.o. even though you had a pending nopa for your original one?
    YES,
    MHC has no specifics of what Security Personnel is doing, to them my case is "in the security office", so they carry on with everything else...
    Last edited by yoda; 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • I just called the MHC and they had my address info correct and said I was sent my TO on 1-30. He told me he was going to have a second one sent out. I live at a condo complex and my mailbox isn't real big. Maybe it got misplaced after it wouldn't fit in there? FYI: The guy at MHC was really nice and helpful.

      One question-After receiving your TO, how long do you have to fillout all the paperwork and send it back?
      Test Date: 12/8/08
      NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
      TO: 1/30/09-Received
      Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
      VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
      Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
      Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
      Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
      Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
      BI:-Pending "In the security office"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Yeah so i get this manilla envelope in the mail today from the CBP PCS unit. I got nervous for something bad and excited for something good. As it turns out, it was a congrats on passing your fitness test and that dumb book about "maintaining fitness for the rigorous training at fletc". Well it was less than exciting since i already knew i passed the fit test a month ago. Oh well.
        Ha ha same thing happened to me last weekend. Those freakin' nondescript manilla envelopes rarely bring good news. Check out page 4. Neck Flexibility. My personal favorite.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
          YES,
          MHC has no specifics of what Security Personnel is doing, to them my case is "in the security office", so they carry on with everything else...
          Yeah that makes sense. Hard to believe how uncoordinated everybody is. But in your case, it worked out that you could get your second t.o.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Ha ha same thing happened to me last weekend. Those freakin' nondescript manilla envelopes rarely bring good news. Check out page 4. Neck Flexibility. My personal favorite.
            Yeah i have always said that the mail is the cowards way of delivering bad news. Like getting a Dear John letter! I always tell my pop when he asks about my application status, "phone calls good, letters bad", in most cases anyway.

            Comment


            • I am new to this forum, but I have read most of this thread and I don't think somebody asked this question before. I am scheduled to take the test for cbpo next week, but I was wondering if given that most of my family lives outside the US would present a problem regarding the BI. Thanks for the help.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mephys View Post
                I am new to this forum, but I have read most of this thread and I don't think somebody asked this question before. I am scheduled to take the test for cbpo next week, but I was wondering if given that most of my family lives outside the US would present a problem regarding the BI. Thanks for the help.
                Case by case basis. If they are USC's, what country it is, etc. More than likely it'll just slow things down a little. Not the gospel because i have no experience with this, just an opinion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Yeah that makes sense. Hard to believe how uncoordinated everybody is. But in your case, it worked out that you could get your second t.o.
                  Well,
                  I wanted Florida originally, but wasn't an option when I applied the first time...Took me a while to just go ahead an re-apply for the port that I wanted, I was afraid that the process would take longer after so much time it was a mute point!...
                  I just spoke with the Sup Adjudicator and he just got my file in his hands NOW, after nearly a month of talking to him, hopefully I will know in a few weeks if I passed or not... cause as he said "we can't tell you anything, you need to wait for MHC to contact you or your CASS system"!...
                  All I have left is to cross my fingers and leave it in GOD's hands now...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                    One question-After receiving your TO, how long do you have to fillout all the paperwork and send it back?
                    I received my TO Dec. 22 2008, and it stated my completed forms needed to be postmarked by Jan. 10 2009, or the TO would be withdrawn. So that is about two weeks. With all my excitement I completed and return everything in about 4 days. I would recommend sending them with delivery confirmation and signature confirmation just in case it becomes "lost". With a paper trail the staffer who signs for it will be much more careful to insure it is properly handeled.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Well,
                      I wanted Florida originally, but wasn't an option when I applied the first time...Took me a while to just go ahead an re-apply for the port that I wanted, I was afraid that the process would take longer after so much time it was a mute point!...
                      I just spoke with the Sup Adjudicator and he just got my file in his hands NOW, after nearly a month of talking to him, hopefully I will know in a few weeks if I passed or not... cause as he said "we can't tell you anything, you need to wait for MHC to contact you or your CASS system"!...
                      All I have left is to cross my fingers and leave it in GOD's hands now...
                      I have a hard time believing that after all this you wont get positive adjudication. They are always faster to tell you to f-off than they are to say congrats. Either way, good luck.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mephys View Post
                        I am new to this forum, but I have read most of this thread and I don't think somebody asked this question before. I am scheduled to take the test for cbpo next week, but I was wondering if given that most of my family lives outside the US would present a problem regarding the BI. Thanks for the help.
                        If you are a US citizen, and your family is not, it would depend on if any of your family or associates have violated any immigration laws. If they are in good standing then you have nothing to worry about, it will only slow down the process a bit so that they can investigate your associations with any and all foreign nationals. This is my opinion as well, just from what I have read and personal experience.
                        Good Luck on your test!
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          I received my TO Dec. 22 2008, and it stated my completed forms needed to be postmarked by Jan. 10 2009, or the TO would be withdrawn. So that is about two weeks. With all my excitement I completed and return everything in about 4 days. I would recommend sending them with delivery confirmation and signature confirmation just in case it becomes "lost". With a paper trail the staffer who signs for it will be much more careful to insure it is properly handeled.

                          I'm concerned then as mine were sent on the 30th of Jan. and it's already the 13th of Feb. That's two weeks already....Should I call and ask about the timeline and make sure I don't get my TO revoked? I just want to make sure that I do everything correctly as I don't want to go back though any of these steps!
                          Test Date: 12/8/08
                          NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                          TO: 1/30/09-Received
                          Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                          VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                          Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                          Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                          Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                          Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                          BI:-Pending "In the security office"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            I have a hard time believing that after all this you wont get positive adjudication. They are always faster to tell you to f-off than they are to say congrats. Either way, good luck.
                            Thanks... I need all the luck I can get right now
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Thanks... I need all the luck I can get right now
                              That makes two of us. Hopefully the man upstairs is feeling generous these days!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                                I'm concerned then as mine were sent on the 30th of Jan. and it's already the 13th of Feb. That's two weeks already....Should I call and ask about the timeline and make sure I don't get my TO revoked? I just want to make sure that I do everything correctly as I don't want to go back though any of these steps!
                                If they told you that your TO will be re-sent, then you have nothing to worry about, your timeline will be reset to the new TO.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7281 users online. 389 members and 6892 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X