Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sterism View Post
    I definitely look forward to meeting friends. I can imagine how hard it will be with only one day off. Do you know if there are benefits to doing well on academic tests at FLETC? I've heard it's better for your promotion consideration.

    Absolutely zero. a 70 is as good as a hundred. if you carry a 95 average for all eight tests you get a certificate. Big deal, it aint worth studying all the time, use your free time to have fun so you dont go stir crazy. and NOPD, good call on the booze, stock up on saturdays!!

    Comment


    • I saw this on another forum. I don't know how reliable (if at all) this person is..can anyone add to this?

      I didn't take the test but I passed the vacancy around work and so far 5 coworkers have gotten TOs that tested in early Nov.



      *Edit: The day they got TOs, medical called too.



      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Edited 11/28/2007 9:36 pm ET by Juno1234

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
        I saw this on another forum. I don't know how reliable (if at all) this person is..can anyone add to this?

        I didn't take the test but I passed the vacancy around work and so far 5 coworkers have gotten TOs that tested in early Nov.



        *Edit: The day they got TOs, medical called too.

        sounds like a possible case of major b.s. but ya never know. hopefully its true, that'll mean they are getting into the selections


        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Edited 11/28/2007 9:36 pm ET by Juno1234

        Comment


        • Hello all Just Got ALL COMPLETED on the CASS system, spoke to MIN Hiring yesterday they told me that the training/scheduling dept will be contacting me next, any idea after all is complete on cass for a job offer call? I have heard 1-2 weeks, thanks
          GOD BLESS AMERICA

          CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

          Comment




          • barnaj,

            hers is the reply from the info this person received when the were ask it trhey were sure..

            Their reply was...

            Positive. I looked at the packets. Geo pref is for Texas. Tested in Choctaw, Ok. on Nov 2. 100, 97, 97, 88. They got packets last weekend and got calls from medical on Monday night 5 pm.



            Medical set for Dec. 7



            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Edited 11/29/2007 11:52 am ET by Juno1234

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
              barnaj,

              hers is the reply from the info this person received when the were ask it trhey were sure..

              Their reply was...

              Positive. I looked at the packets. Geo pref is for Texas. Tested in Choctaw, Ok. on Nov 2. 100, 97, 97, 88. They got packets last weekend and got calls from medical on Monday night 5 pm.



              Medical set for Dec. 7



              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Edited 11/29/2007 11:52 am ET by Juno1234
              Well it may be true, consdering they were all for texas locations. i know they need people pretty bad. Just seems odd that all 5 would get a t.o. so close together considering the test scores were spread out. who knows?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LEO4JC View Post
                Hello all Just Got ALL COMPLETED on the CASS system, spoke to MIN Hiring yesterday they told me that the training/scheduling dept will be contacting me next, any idea after all is complete on cass for a job offer call? I have heard 1-2 weeks, thanks

                could get a call tommorrow, i remember the day mine all finally showed up completed, i got called the next morning. Hard to say.
                Good Luck

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  could get a call tommorrow, i remember the day mine all finally showed up completed, i got called the next morning. Hard to say.
                  Good Luck

                  Thanks barnaj,,, i got a friend currenlty at FLETC he should be done by mid jan, he got his call 3 days after all complete, his lduty location is for Ft,lauderdale. Fl, are you currently at the academy? my friend told me that the 1.5 mile run will be reduced from 16 min to 14min, im not to worried about that but maybe will add more stress, im just hoping to get the call soon.
                  GOD BLESS AMERICA

                  CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LEO4JC View Post
                    Thanks barnaj,,, i got a friend currenlty at FLETC he should be done by mid jan, he got his call 3 days after all complete, his lduty location is for Ft,lauderdale. Fl, are you currently at the academy? my friend told me that the 1.5 mile run will be reduced from 16 min to 14min, im not to worried about that but maybe will add more stress, im just hoping to get the call soon.
                    Nah bro i was there from May till August. The run aint too bad, it seems like a pain, but you seem to run it faster than you think. and to see some of the people who pass it, dont sweat it

                    Comment


                    • Just got the Call, EOD JAN 7th 2008 Newark, NJ academy dates jan 31st - april 2th, ,,, wow they moved quick anybody else going to Newark?
                      GOD BLESS AMERICA

                      CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LEO4JC View Post
                        Just got the Call, EOD JAN 7th 2008 Newark, NJ academy dates jan 31st - april 2th, ,,, wow they moved quick anybody else going to Newark?
                        I'm hoping to go to Newark. I'm still waiting for my Background, Education/Experiece and Medical to clear in CASS. Took my test Feb. 07. you?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by outlookingin View Post
                          I'm hoping to go to Newark. I'm still waiting for my Background, Education/Experiece and Medical to clear in CASS. Took my test Feb. 07. you?

                          I took my test in 2006, i had a problem with my fitness test, they guy said i faild one part of it, i dont know why he said this when he wasnt even looking at me , so i called the fitness dept and said that there must be an error, so 5 months later i got retested, this was nov 12th of this yr, as of nov 12 of this yr all i needed was fitness and drug test to clear, on nov 22nd i did my drug test, and today i got the call, the background took the longest to clear about 5 weeks, but dont give up hope, i though i would never get called..good luck
                          GOD BLESS AMERICA

                          CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LEO4JC View Post
                            I took my test in 2006, i had a problem with my fitness test, they guy said i faild one part of it, i dont know why he said this when he wasnt even looking at me , so i called the fitness dept and said that there must be an error, so 5 months later i got retested, this was nov 12th of this yr, as of nov 12 of this yr all i needed was fitness and drug test to clear, on nov 22nd i did my drug test, and today i got the call, the background took the longest to clear about 5 weeks, but dont give up hope, i though i would never get called..good luck
                            I met with the BI Investigator about 4-5 weeks ago now. I had a medical issue because I put history of palpitations (dumb) on my booklet. I had to go get stress test and EKG done. That was about two weeks ago, all tests were fine, so Im just waiting for that to clear. Good luck to you and congrats!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by outlookingin View Post
                              I met with the BI Investigator about 4-5 weeks ago now. I had a medical issue because I put history of palpitations (dumb) on my booklet. I had to go get stress test and EKG done. That was about two weeks ago, all tests were fine, so Im just waiting for that to clear. Good luck to you and congrats!
                              thanks, well it wasnt dumb because if they find out later it would be worse, but dont worrie you will be fine,
                              GOD BLESS AMERICA

                              CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LEO4JC View Post
                                Just got the Call, EOD JAN 7th 2008 Newark, NJ academy dates jan 31st - april 2th, ,,, wow they moved quick anybody else going to Newark?
                                Congrats and Good Luck.. I'm way behind you guys for Newark.

                                jrq16

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10328 users online. 378 members and 9950 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X