Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you hear about the polograph tests being added to the hiring process?
    Test Date: 12/8/08
    NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
    TO: 1/30/09-Received
    Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
    VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
    Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
    Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
    Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
    Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
    BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
      Where did you hear about the polograph tests being added to the hiring process?
      It's actually in the new announcement:

Appointment to this position may require the successful completion of a polygraph examination.

Comment

• Both CBPO's and BPA's have been subject to random polys for as long as I remember.

I have no idea if polys are going to implemented as part of a semi-regular process for CBPO's, but I wouldn't read too much into a single line sentence in the announcement.

Comment

• All you class 938's out there...hit me up!

..and anyone living or going to Blaine for that matter, too!

Comment

• Got my letter today.

FLETC class 939.

See everyone there April 2nd, see all the seattle people March 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
              Got my letter today.

FLETC class 939.

See everyone there April 2nd, see all the seattle people March 2nd.
              Sounds like we're in the same class. See you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                Well I would rather not do Seatac, but I don't want to be picky. I own a home about 5 minutes from Seatac so staying close to home is ideal. I'm not sure if I would like to be stuck in the airport all day. I hear Seatac is full and not looking to add staff. I would like to be able to pick up OT and if they are full, I don't see there being much of that available. Maybe the port in Seattle would better. I think the northern border of Blaine etc would be great, but I wasn't able to choose the Seattle area and the northern border as a geo pref. One or the other I guess....Other areas like Spokane, Port Angeles, etc would be a big change for me though because those are small cities.
                That's weird. How were you not able to Geo Pref the Northern Border?? That's the Geo Pref I chose. Im assuming we applied under the same announcement.
                Test: 12/8/08
                EOD: June 22, 2009
                Class 960
                FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• So what does advancement look like in CBP? Meaning, do most people eventually move up to positions similar to ERT's or do they transfer out to other law enforcement agencies?

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                    I am going to present a question for statistical purposes that I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would like to know. For everyone who's background has cleared or who has made it to TSU or the academy could you please just give a timeline of how long it took for your background to clear from the time you met your investigator. Let's see if we can come up with an average timeline. Thanks
                    I met with my BI in late December, and it cleared by early January..TSU mid-to late January and got the call the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                      I met with my BI in late December, and it cleared by early January..TSU mid-to late January and got the call the next day.
                      I'm meeting with my BI tomorrow and he told me that they generally take 1-2 months after he submits his report. He actually told me to call him when I get the call so he can get a better sample of time lines in order to give his future applicants. In case anyone was wondering, the BI's don't know if you get cleared and get a final offer. DHS does not notify them them of a final outcome. They can only guess based on their findings and recommendations. I'm meeting with him at a local library and he said it would take a couple of hours. It was interesting since I've moved around so I was actually talking with 2 BIs at the same time, each conducting their own BI at my previous residencies in 2 states.

Comment

• Hey what's up,
                        Im in the process for CBPO SFO/OAKLAND
                        Pre-employment- completed
                        Quailifications- GS-7
                        Medical Exam- completed
                        Structured Interview- Completed
                        Drug screen- pending ( I took a week ago)
                        Background- pending Case in security office
                        Fitness- Completed-------------------------------------------------
                        Im all good for everything, but does anyone know about the credit check. I have some charged off accounts did anyone get the call with bad credit.
                        Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                          Hey what's up,
                          Quailifications- GS-7
                          Medical Exam- completed
                          Im all good for everything, but does anyone know about the credit check. I have some charged off accounts did anyone get the call with bad credit.
                          Peace
                          I haven't got the call yet but here's what I can tell you about that, this is based off my personal experience and research I've done on my own. First, if you answered honestly on the SF-86 on the question regarding being over 180 days & 90 days late on payments, that's half the battle. If you didn't then you didn't do yourself any favors. Typically, you don't get charge offs unless you are over 180 days late, sometimes 150 days. Second, have you made any attempts to resolve your debt? You will most certainly be asked to provide some form of documentation verifying that you've made some payments, or at least payment arrangements, if you haven't you are out of luck. Third, if any of your delinquencies involve the courts, judgments, liens, ect. That's going to be more difficult to explain away and overcome. I was asked specifically by my BI if I was "current" on my bills, which I am now but wasn't at one point in time. Now, current from my experiences with my military clearance means making a payment arrangement and a payment within 30 days, you are considered current. Good Luck. My advice to anyone in a similiar situation, do what you can to keep your delinquencies out of the courts, that helps a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                            So what does advancement look like in CBP? Meaning, do most people eventually move up to positions similar to ERT's or do they transfer out to other law enforcement agencies?
                            You get what you put into it, you will move up to GS-11 anything above that is competitive, and as to Specialty Positions maybe Merlin is the right guy to answer...

Originally posted by friscoplayrsf
                            Hey what's up,
                            Quailifications- GS-7
                            Medical Exam- completed
                            Peace
                            If you have BAD credit you will be asked about it by your BI, and eventually you might get a NOPA to explain in detail why your credit is BAD. If your explanations are satisfactory and show you as responsible person, you might then get cleared and the call.
                            Good Luck!
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Im making payments, on the credit, I dont have any court liens, Im current on my car payments. I have documents to prove im paying on the credit, and Im working three jobs to kill the debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                                So what does advancement look like in CBP? Meaning, do most people eventually move up to positions similar to ERT's or do they transfer out to other law enforcement agencies?
                                Depends on what you mean by advancement.

There are of fair number of special teams and collateral duties on can acquire.

For example:
                                Counter-terrorism
                                Contraband Enforcement
                                Passenger Analytical
                                Intermediate force instructor
                                Firearms instructor
                                Cargo coordinator
                                etc.

They're not promotion, so to speak, but they're more prestigious, more desired duties...for the most part.

In order to promote, you're pretty much stuck competing for a supervisor's GS-12 job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7740 users online. 391 members and 7349 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X