Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
    i guess the wise man never had an afternoon delight aka nooner LOL
    Haha, he was so drunk he probably didn't remember! Good luck bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
      Believe me I'm all for staying fit. I've consistently done a rigorous workout for the last 15 years. I grew tired of hearing a classmate "down the hall" at FLETC, continue to say once he graduated he wasn't even going to run for a beer. The guy was very overweight and looked like a bag of fecal matter. At least with some type of incentive the few who are on the fence about staying fit might be persuaded to fall on the fit side.

I was rather disappointed about the lack of a LEO mentality at the CBPI.
      There was an FBI study a few years back on incidents of LEO's being attacked. I tried to find it but no dice so here is a summary. They found that officers who look sloppy or out of shape are more prone to being attacked or messed with. They even interviewed a cop killer that was stopped a couple of times on the day of the killing before finally deciding to mess with the third guy. When asked why he chose that particular officer he said it was because the guy looked soft and the other 2 officers looked serious (in shape and had their gear well maintained).

Granted as CBPO's we probably wont be in as many high risk situations as your standard metro beat cop but I'm sure if some one "looks the part" they will get treated accordingly. I firmly believe that once you decide to become a LEO in any capacity you give up the right to be out of shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        There was an FBI study a few years back on incidents of LEO's being attacked. I tried to find it but no dice so here is a summary. They found that officers who look sloppy or out of shape are more prone to being attacked or messed with. They even interviewed a cop killer that was stopped a couple of times on the day of the killing before finally deciding to mess with the third guy. When asked why he chose that particular officer he said it was because the guy looked soft and the other 2 officers looked serious (in shape and had their gear well maintained).

Granted as CBPO's we probably wont be in as many high risk situations as your standard metro beat cop but I'm sure if some one "looks the part" they will get treated accordingly. I firmly believe that once you decide to become a LEO in any capacity you give up the right to be out of shape.
        I agree, although we all know that is not the reality in LE or the military. I think someone is definitely more likely to comply with you if you look "tough or sharp", for lack of better terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          well being that the bi may be the last thing to clear and you get hired, i think they dont do it again for 5 yrs. As far as the drug test, i haven't heard of any having to drop twice during the hiring process. That being said though, all jobs in the fed gov't are subject to random drug testing, so stay off the refer!
          Barnaj,
          I had to re-take my Drug test after it expired a year later.... just like the Fitness test!...
          BI's are good for a year after they are cleared.
          Last edited by yoda; 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I'm finally in CASS !!! Now it's time to start the rest of the hiring process....good luck to everyone!
            Test Date: 12/8/08
            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
            TO: 1/30/09-Received
            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Removed by owner
              Last edited by TPA3312; 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Barnaj,
                I had to re-take my Drug test after it expired a year later.... just like the Fitness test!...
                BI's are good for a year after they are cleared.
                Boy oh boy, nothing says randomness, like telling you when your drug test expires! Kinda like telling you the letters on the eye chart in advance!

Comment

• mlrtme, I think Im in the same exact boat as you if I remember correctly. I took the test on 12/8. Got my TO on 2/2 and just got into CASS and trying to get to Northern Border.
                  Test: 12/8/08
                  EOD: June 22, 2009
                  Class 960
                  FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Just got my call from TSU and the exact POE that I wanted. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Report March 2nd, FLETC April 2nd.

Comment

• Oh, and you beat me by ONE point on the written. DAMMIT!
                      Class 960

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                        mlrtme, I think Im in the same exact boat as you if I remember correctly. I took the test on 12/8. Got my TO on 2/2 and just got into CASS and trying to get to Northern Border.
                        Ya, looks like we are on the same path except I have WA State all other locations as my geo pref...from the looks of the postings, there is a lot of activity going on for applicants with a WA State geo pref. The Olympics are in Vacouver in 2010 and I hear they are preparing for the additional traffic by adding more staff.

Comment

• audi0, didnt you wanna come to WA then changed your mind?? What POE did you get?
                          Class 960

Comment

• One point means nothing anymore though man! After the TO's have been issued, the written scores are meaningless.

Comment

• I am going to present a question for statistical purposes that I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would like to know. For everyone who's background has cleared or who has made it to TSU or the academy could you please just give a timeline of how long it took for your background to clear from the time you met your investigator. Let's see if we can come up with an average timeline. Thanks
                              Miami by way of Chicago
                              Test 8/4/08
                              TO 11/13/08
                              Drug Test 11/13/08
                              VBT 12/11/08
                              Physical 12/16/08
                              Qual 1/10/09
                              Met BI 1/5/09
                              BI cleared 2/19/09
                              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                                Ya, looks like we are on the same path except I have WA State all other locations as my geo pref...from the looks of the postings, there is a lot of activity going on for applicants with a WA State geo pref. The Olympics are in Vacouver in 2010 and I hear they are preparing for the additional traffic by adding more staff.
                                Oh, I see. Yeah, they widened the lanes on the Pacific Hwy side. Havent been to Peace Arch in awhile. The designs looked good though. You trying to get Seatac?
                                Class 960

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11327 users online. 401 members and 10926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X