300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1jay1 View Post
    I’ve been going through the process for one year and two months now. The last two things I was waiting for were my BI which cleared on December of 2008, and now all I need are my qualifications. When I first applied in December of 2007, I applied for SW Borders including Andrade, Calexico, and El Centro at a GS 5 (I was 37 years old at time of Appling). There was another Geo preference that came out in June of 2008 GS-7 SW Borders excluding Andrade & Calexico (38 yrs old the time I applied).

Well I got a call from MHC today regarding finishing up my qualifications. The person said “I have some good and bad news for you.” The person said the bad news is I am withdrawing your GS-7 SW Border TO because at the time of applying you were 38 years old. Then the person says good news is we will be reinstating your GS-5 Geo Preference TO.

My questions are even though I was 38 year old at the time of applying for the GS-7 position was I not grandfathered in for the age preference as of 2007? My second question is I am a current GS-7 employee for the DOD, as a GS-5 CBPO will they match my current salary at the GS 5 range?

Sorry for the long explanation. Also, just to let you guys know the person from MHC said my qualification would be done within the week, then off to TSU land.
    The bad news thing is odd to me. I tested in November of 07 at the age of 46. I am still waiting for a few medical NOPAs and my bi to clear. My written expired, I thought, in November of 08 so I called because I had heard of requesting an extension. I was told I did not need one because I was in the system and that because I entered the system with a TO prior to 07/08 I was good to go with regard to the age cap issue. I am not sure if prior service with BP had anything to do with it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Let us hope the run time has dropped to 15:00 minutes...
      What the run time in the academy is is kind of irrelevant. There are no fitness standards in the field. I've seen it often where someone gets into shape at the academy then is "fat and lazy" a year later, because they don't workout regularly.

I know the powers can't punish people for not staying fit, but they can give extra time off for those who do.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
        What the run time in the academy is is kind of irrelevant. There are no fitness standards in the field. I've seen it often where someone gets into shape at the academy then is "fat and lazy" a year later, because they don't workout regularly.

I know the powers can't punish people for not staying fit, but they can give extra time off for those who do.
        That's all the more reason why it should be relevant, if you ask me. Someone who is "fat and lazy" heading into and graduating from the academy is only more likely to be "fatter and lazier" after a few years on the job. If there’s a reasonable fitness level required in order to graduate from the academy, at least there might be few guys in decent shape hanging around the port.

We suffer enough from the “clerks with guns” label. Maybe there is little that can be done to current Officers who want to “look the part”, but there’s not much for good reasons why new hires can’t be brought on board in “LEO” shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post

Haha, dont make me laugh! Dont know if you guys saw the Miami Int'l officers ABC television. Lets just say pass the run and you never have to worry about fitness again.

Comment

• Hubby just left for his drive down to Georgia. Congrats to all that have made it so far and good luck to those in the pipeline!

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
              yea really, Im not in the greatest shape. im 5'9", 195 and I just ran the mile and a half yesterday in 11:57. 15:00 is even alot of time.
              Yeah I hear ya. I was quite impressed with my run time also. I am running a 12.5 for the mile and a half. Tell you what though I seriously need to cut out the smoking or cut back some. LOL there goes my left lung. My knee hurts more.

Comment

• Hey guys, just a quick question I've been waiting patiently in TSU for a little over 2 months and I was just wondering when does your Drug/Medical/VBT/Fitness/BI expire?

Let's just say I don't get an EOD date for a year, what would I have to redo?

T.I.A.!

Comment

• Originally posted by pheonix View Post
                  Yeah I hear ya. I was quite impressed with my run time also. I am running a 12.5 for the mile and a half. Tell you what though I seriously need to cut out the smoking or cut back some. LOL there goes my left lung. My knee hurts more.
                  haha, everyone says that. if you smoke a pack a day now, you'll be smoking two packs a day at fletc!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    Hey guys, just a quick question I've been waiting patiently in TSU for a little over 2 months and I was just wondering when does your Drug/Medical/VBT/Fitness/BI expire?

Let's just say I don't get an EOD date for a year, what would I have to redo?

T.I.A.!
                    Im not sure if things expire after your in TSU or not, but the vbt is good for 3 yrs, med and fit for 1 yr, drug test can be initiated randomly and not sure about bi.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      That's all the more reason why it should be relevant, if you ask me. Someone who is "fat and lazy" heading into and graduating from the academy is only more likely to be "fatter and lazier" after a few years on the job. If there’s a reasonable fitness level required in order to graduate from the academy, at least there might be few guys in decent shape hanging around the port.

We suffer enough from the “clerks with guns” label. Maybe there is little that can be done to current Officers who want to “look the part”, but there’s not much for good reasons why new hires can’t be brought on board in “LEO” shape.
                      Believe me I'm all for staying fit. I've consistently done a rigorous workout for the last 15 years. I grew tired of hearing a classmate "down the hall" at FLETC, continue to say once he graduated he wasn't even going to run for a beer. The guy was very overweight and looked like a bag of fecal matter. At least with some type of incentive the few who are on the fence about staying fit might be persuaded to fall on the fit side.

I was rather disappointed about the lack of a LEO mentality at the CBPI.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Im not sure if things expire after your in TSU or not, but the vbt is good for 3 yrs, med and fit for 1 yr, drug test can be initiated randomly and not sure about bi.
                        hey Barnaj, thanks for the quick reply man.
                        So, for example I could be drug tested twice (or more if they wanted to) before going to FLETC.
                        Ugh, I would hate to go through another BI and most importantly waiting for BI to clear. lol
                        Last edited by bhov97; 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

hey Barnaj, thanks for the quick reply man.
                          So, for example I could be drug tested twice (or more if they wanted to) before going to FLETC.
                          Ugh, I would hate to go through another BI and most importantly waiting for BI to clear. lol
                          well being that the bi may be the last thing to clear and you get hired, i think they dont do it again for 5 yrs. As far as the drug test, i haven't heard of any having to drop twice during the hiring process. That being said though, all jobs in the fed gov't are subject to random drug testing, so stay off the refer!

Comment

well being that the bi may be the last thing to clear and you get hired, i think they dont do it again for 5 yrs. As far as the drug test, i haven't heard of any having to drop twice during the hiring process. That being said though, all jobs in the fed gov't are subject to random drug testing, so stay off the refer!
                            LOL I'm not in the least bit worried about taking drug tests...I don't even drink alcohol for heaven's sake

someone pass the O'doul's lmao
                            Last edited by bhov97; 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

LOL I'm not in the least bit worried about taking drug tests...I don't even drink alcohol for heaven's sake

someone pass the O'doul's lmao
                              As wise man once said:

"I feel bad for people who don't drink, because when they way wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day."

Comment

As wise man once said:

"I feel bad for people who don't drink, because when they way wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day."
                                i guess the wise man never had an afternoon delight aka nooner LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6430 users online. 324 members and 6106 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X