300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1jay1 View Post
    My questions are even though I was 38 year old at the time of applying for the GS-7 position was I not grandfathered in for the age preference as of 2007? My second question is I am a current GS-7 employee for the DOD, as a GS-5 CBPO will they match my current salary at the GS 5 range?

Sorry for the long explanation. Also, just to let you guys know the person from MHC said my qualification would be done within the week, then off to TSU land.
    You can ask for a pay match and they might do GS-5 step XX, if they don't you will only be getting a pay cut for a year from your EOD... then it's back to GS-7!
    Do a bit of savings, from now for that year, if they don't match your salary...
    Last edited by yoda; 02-10-2009, 04:58 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 1jay1 View Post
      I’ve been going through the process for one year and two months now. The last two things I was waiting for were my BI which cleared on December of 2008, and now all I need are my qualifications. When I first applied in December of 2007, I applied for SW Borders including Andrade, Calexico, and El Centro at a GS 5 (I was 37 years old at time of Appling). There was another Geo preference that came out in June of 2008 GS-7 SW Borders excluding Andrade & Calexico (38 yrs old the time I applied).

Well I got a call from MHC today regarding finishing up my qualifications. The person said “I have some good and bad news for you.” The person said the bad news is I am withdrawing your GS-7 SW Border TO because at the time of applying you were 38 years old. Then the person says good news is we will be reinstating your GS-5 Geo Preference TO.

My questions are even though I was 38 year old at the time of applying for the GS-7 position was I not grandfathered in for the age preference as of 2007? My second question is I am a current GS-7 employee for the DOD, as a GS-5 CBPO will they match my current salary at the GS 5 range?

Sorry for the long explanation. Also, just to let you guys know the person from MHC said my qualification would be done within the week, then off to TSU land.
      I would think they might pay match you and start you at a higher step on the GS-5 scale, but it's really up to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        You can ask for a pay match and they might do GS-5 step XX, if they don't you will only be getting a pay cut for a year from your EOD... then it's back to GS-7!
        I ask the person at MHC the same question , but they wouldn't give me a straight answer...Thanks for your guys help.
        CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
        Test date 12/07
        EOD: 3/2/09
        FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• My BI was turned in, in late November. Now hopefully I won't be in TSU forever....Lol Yeah, I kinda feel lucky it was not even 3 months.
          Last edited by FreeAgent; 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            WoooHoooo, just got a courtesy call from my adjudicator, to let me know that my BI has been complete.
            Are you sure it wasn't one of your friends just playing a dirty trick on you?
            J/K Congrats on the call!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
              My BI was turned in, in late November. Now hopefully I won't be in TSU forever....Lol Yeah, I kinda feel lucky it was not even 3 months.
              hey Congrats! looks like you are a step of me. My BI is still pending as of today.

Comment

• Got the call today.

Seattle, WA.
                EOD 3/2/09
                Fletc 4/2/09

My timeline:
                Geo. Pref. WA all other areas
                Test: August 08
                TO: September 08
                BI,Fitness, Medical,Drug, VBT: October/Novenber 08
                TSU: January 16th 09

Offered Job Febuaray 10, 2009

If anyone for WA EODs at the same time as me drop me a PM, I'm going to be coming in and staying there for a month from Oklahoma and a roommate will make it cheaper >.>

Also anyone that knows the area please drop me a PM so I can get some ideas on accomodations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                  Congradulations on your graduation. Any current academy info you can update us on; run time, range qual, room & board, etc...

You know, the important things, hehehe.
                  Thanks. I did the 16:30 run and the 300 course and those are gone now.
                  I was the last of the 800's so I was told it was all changing for the fiscal year. There are some folks here that probably have a better idea. Sorry I can't be of much help. :-)

Comment

• Someone from my port in class 927 just did the run last week and said it was still 16:30.
                    One of the powerpoints on fletc we watched pre-academy said the run is now 15:00. However, my fletc forms I recieved still said 16:30 so I dunno...

Comment

• ...and I'm in CASS... <giggle like a little girl>

11 days after they've issued a TO
                      CBPO Timeline
                      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Let us hope the run time has dropped to 15:00 minutes...

Comment

• yea really, Im not in the greatest shape. im 5'9", 195 and I just ran the mile and a half yesterday in 11:57. 15:00 is even alot of time.
                          N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                          Passed(2:50):JST
                          Passed:Mini-Medical
                          January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                          Medical: Passed
                          PT Test: Passed
                          Qualifications GS7: Done
                          VBT: Passed
                          Backround: Done
                          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                          CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Hey all got my call today. Report march 2 fletc April 2 or 3 til July 15 couldn't remember exactly

Comment

• Hi everyone. Medical cleared on the CASS today and it's all green check marks! I understand that I now wait to be sent to TSU. Any ideas on how long it takes before CASS changes? Also, any others getting close for LA/Long Beach?

Comment

• Originally posted by FKD1013 View Post
                                On the website, it says they're now hiring for Air & Marine, I am interested in Marine, but unable to find it on USAJobs, is it just Air that's open right now?

Try this: http://forums.delphiforums.com/cbpairandmarine/start

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8708 users online. 396 members and 8312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X