• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raudy06
    commented on 's reply
    awesome news.

• raudy06
    commented on 's reply
    V_AntCBP mine took 8 months from November 27 (date submitted) to first week of July BUT the shutdown had a say on my process, that month and change of no work delayed it, still would've been like 6-7 months wait in my case.

• V_AntCBP
    replied
    Passed fitness for Bpa this morning, the steps test was definitely no joke. Got 5 mins rest between sit ups and push ups, and 3 mins between push ups and steps test. Whoever is scheduled to take it, practice hard... I did 26 sit ups, 21 push ups... I could have done few more but saved energy for the steps and glad I did.
    I failed 8 weeks ago and thanks God passed this time.

Leave a comment:

• fonzi7979
    replied
    It seems like the process is flowing through again. Anyone from 19-2 for JFK port has received email or phone call for the polygraph exam.

Leave a comment:

• V_AntCBP
    commented on 's reply
    Did you talk to your wife and have her on board before or after applying? Expecting what is coming? You are GS9 VRA, so you should be moving fairly quicker than regular... be prepared... It could be coming faster than expected...
    Also, as a VRA, you can request locations...try to find a location near you... you may get lucky and get one close by...
    I'm somewhat in the same situation with you, I would have to move, wife is already on board and aware that we will be moving after i get the call... Her job is flexible and she hates the Hot and Hurricane Florida so moving is not really a hard decision for us. ****edoff

• AMMO2071
    replied
    Oh man. First off, this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I’ve been following it for awhile, but finally decided to actually post something.
    I am a 19-7 GS9 VRA Applicant.
    Currently collecting info for my 2nd medical follow-up.
    Once that clears, the long wait for the polygraph.

Leave a comment:

• Dodge_Guy19-4
    commented on 's reply
    BeachGirl670 priority list probably refers to NBIB case service. Options are standard or priority. Priority means NBIB charges the customer, in this case CBP more for the investigation than the standard service. I believe this job calls for a T5 investigation.

An initial T5 if you dont have a current BI/Clearance costs $5596 standard/$6043 priority. A 5year review which for alot of people is being pushed to 6years due to the back log is a T5R and costs $3065/$3310.

• pissedoff
    replied
    Update for my progress:

I applied for the GS-9 VRA announcement a few weeks go and was excepted for the GS-9 with duty location negotiable at time off appointment. They sent me an e-mail about the physical and a separate email the same day to log on the OPM e-Qep site. I will be filling out the info on the OPM site tomorrow and it should be easy considering I just inputted the info a week ago for another agency.

So I am at the very beginning of the process. The only bad news is the move. If I do get the job I will have to move and I have a wife who has a full time job and 3 kids. It will be a very hard decision if and when I get the job.

Leave a comment:

• BeachGirl670
    commented on 's reply
    I signed a provisional too! My drug test just got cleared today as well!

• BeachGirl670
    commented on 's reply
    I'm also at 75%. My drug test just cleared today. I met with my BI last week at work, he also met with my manager and talked to few of my coworkers, neighbor (who's also a coworker), and one of my references. He told me that I was on the priority list but I am not sure what does that mean. I also signed provisional awhile back. Hopefully we get the call soon!

• V_AntCBP
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah we are in adjudication phase. I'm on the same boat, same time line, hopefully we can eod same time brother... Adjudication takes months... Let the wait begins....

• Hal29
    commented on 's reply
    Mine did the same thing. Met everyone before meeting me. Then physically went to my work and one other reference. Did all this and submitted next day.

• Roninjin
    commented on 's reply
    Government background typically goes like this:
    Sponsering agency request background on an applicant.
    Opm investigator does the background.
    Once completed, Investigator submits the background for internal review.
    Internal review approves the background and submit to sponser agency (this is where I think you are at).
    Sponser agency adjucated your file.

Expect the adjucation to take several more months.
    Last edited by Roninjin; 09-15-2019, 02:59 PM.

• jdop7
    replied
    So I met with my Background Investigator on 8/20/19 and I just texted him and asked if there was any update on whether or not he still needed to meet with anyone or if he had sent it in already. This is his response:
    "Mr. 'jdop7', they approved your background on September 6, 2019, now you just have to wait until they contact you, I have no control or an idea when that will occur, sorry I don't have any other information for you!"
    So I'm assuming this means I'm in the adjudication phase of the BI?

Leave a comment:

• Talonderiel
    commented on 's reply
    Swsports22, thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6840 users online. 289 members and 6551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X