Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are in WA. My husband just received his TO and is filling out all the required paperwork and online e-qip forms. We are wondering how important the point of contact is at a previous residence. Does this need to be someone who knew you at the time you lived at that address (i.e. a friend/coworker who was aware of where you were living and knew you when you were living there) or someone who knew you from being a neighbor there? I ask because my husband and I just recently bought our first home. Prior to that, we lived at two different apartment complexes that were not in the nicest part of town so that we could save money to buy a house. We pretty purposefully did not associate with any of our neighbors at the apartment complex (unless you count calling 911 on them from time to time!). So, he doesn't really have any neighbor to put down. The landlords of the last apartment may remember us, but that was a year ago and the complex has pretty high turnover of people coming in and out.

My husband and I both grew up in the area and we have had the same friends for years, so it has been difficult to come up with all different contacts for the online e-quip form, especially if they want to list people who still live in the area. The "people who know you well" part of the forms are where he is listing his good friends we've known for years, but is it ok to list coworkers and/or newer friends for more than one residence and/or for when he lists a point of contact where he went to community college? He only took one class at a time because I was finishing my degree, so he didn't really make any new friends there that he didn't know before.

Sorry this is such a long post, but we'd really appreciate any advice on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
      We are in WA. My husband just received his TO and is filling out all the required paperwork and online e-qip forms. We are wondering how important the point of contact is at a previous residence. Does this need to be someone who knew you at the time you lived at that address (i.e. a friend/coworker who was aware of where you were living and knew you when you were living there) or someone who knew you from being a neighbor there? I ask because my husband and I just recently bought our first home. Prior to that, we lived at two different apartment complexes that were not in the nicest part of town so that we could save money to buy a house. We pretty purposefully did not associate with any of our neighbors at the apartment complex (unless you count calling 911 on them from time to time!). So, he doesn't really have any neighbor to put down. The landlords of the last apartment may remember us, but that was a year ago and the complex has pretty high turnover of people coming in and out.

My husband and I both grew up in the area and we have had the same friends for years, so it has been difficult to come up with all different contacts for the online e-quip form, especially if they want to list people who still live in the area. The "people who know you well" part of the forms are where he is listing his good friends we've known for years, but is it ok to list coworkers and/or newer friends for more than one residence and/or for when he lists a point of contact where he went to community college? He only took one class at a time because I was finishing my degree, so he didn't really make any new friends there that he didn't know before.

Sorry this is such a long post, but we'd really appreciate any advice on this.
      The answer to your question is Yes, it is important and they will contact them. I'm going through this right now with my BI, and I know that they have contacted 3 references and will contact 3 more for sure. Those contact's don't necessarily have to be next door "neighbors" but they should reside in the area and can verify your husband's residence at that time. Good Luck.
      Last edited by rbakous1; 02-08-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• how close is "in the area"

Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
        The answer to your question is Yes, it is very important and they will contact them. I'm going through this right now with my BI, and I know that they have contacted 3 references and will contact 3 more for sure. Those contact's don't necessarily have to be next door "neighbors" but they should reside in the area and can verify your husband's residence at that time. Good Luck.
        And by reside in the area, does that need to be the same neighborhood or is the same town/area of the county sufficient? Sounds like we'll be contacting our old landlord tomorrow to make sure she remembers us...

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
          And by reside in the area, does that need to be the same neighborhood or is the same town/area of the county sufficient? Sounds like we'll be contacting our old landlord tomorrow to make sure she remembers us...
          The closer the better, in my case some were within a 35 mile radius and they don't seem to have too much of a problem with that. This isn't an exact science, just an example of one situation.
          Last edited by rbakous1; 02-08-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
            The closer the better, in my case some were within a 35 mile radius and they don't seem to have too much of a problem with that. This isn't an exact science, just an example of one situation.
            Hearing that makes me feel better. A lot of our friends have spread out geographically in recent years, but there are still enough in/surrounding our town that it should be ok. I was just worried because we don't personally know anyone lives in our old neighborhood.

Comment

• mrst

Why is it that, if your husband is the applicant, you are the one posting here?
              Seems a bit odd that the person going through the process has someone else doing the probing or looking for information for them...
              You will not be there in the academy, if he gets picked up, to help him out pass his tests you know!...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Yoda,

It may look the way it does but she makes a good wife in my book just by asking questions and trying to help!
                CBPO Timeline
                Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• mrst--The way I would fill out the form is, put a friend in the reference block then explain in the comments section for the residence that due to the problems outlined in your post you didn't associate with any of your neighbors. Due to the lack of association you did not make any long term friends at those residences and do not have any contact information to provide. Since it is a transitory complex the BI will not expect to meet anybody who remembers your husband or even lived there when you did (not that they won't try to find someone). It happens often and the BI knows what CBP will expect in the report.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• i just got my official letter to start:

I will start in EL Paso Field Office of Feb 17.
                    My at CLASS NO. AT FLETC IS: CBPI-936 AND BEGIN ON MARCH 19.

IF THEIRS ANYONE IN THE SAME CLASS LET ME KNOW. ALSO FOR ALL THOSE CURRENTLY AT FLETC TRAINING OR RECENTLY FINISHED, HOW MANY WRITTEN TESTS ARE WE GOING TO HAVE?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kermitthefrog View Post
                      i just got my official letter to start:

I will start in EL Paso Field Office of Feb 17.
                      My at CLASS NO. AT FLETC IS: CBPI-936 AND BEGIN ON MARCH 19.

IF THEIRS ANYONE IN THE SAME CLASS LET ME KNOW. ALSO FOR ALL THOSE CURRENTLY AT FLETC TRAINING OR RECENTLY FINISHED, HOW MANY WRITTEN TESTS ARE WE GOING TO HAVE?
                      congrats! hopefully they won't have an exam on which there's or their's to use lol just kidding

Comment

• Just found out I got cleared on my last hurdle!!

TSU here I come!

Geo Arizona
                        Tested July 2008
                        VBT Dec 2008
                        Medical Dec 2008 -Cleared Feb 2009
                        Fitness Dec 2008
                        Forms Dec 2008
                        Quals Jan 2009
                        BI Cleared Jan 2009
                        Drug Test Jan 2009

Comment

• Got the CALL today!!!

Feb. 23rd report to Blaine, WA
                          March 25th report to FLETC

Yeah baby! Anybody else heading to Blaine, or living there now, let me know!

Comment

• Congrats! I hope my call comes shortly. One of the spots I wanted was just swept up.

Comment

• GREAT, Congradulations!!!

Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                              Got the CALL today!!!

Feb. 23rd report to Blaine, WA
                              March 25th report to FLETC

Yeah baby! Anybody else heading to Blaine, or living there now, let me know!
                              What is your time line like. I have a TO for Northern WA. Tested 8/08, BI 12/08 and pending.

Comment

• Hello everyone quick question.....when one gets the call do they have to report to the port where they are living or to their geo preference?
                                my geo preference is Georgia and I am in NYC that is why I am asking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8706 users online. 393 members and 8313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X