Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • if i didnt get that NOPA i think i would have already gotten my TO. it seems like everyone who has tested around the same time as me for san diego has already gotten the call or atleast waiting for their BI to clear. i tested in july and i just passed my VBT. i have not yet met with my BI and they have not yet contacted me for my drug screening. back to patiently waiting

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
      If you do get injured, what do you do while you're healing?
      I had a severely sprained wrist, so bad I couldn't even press the magazine release on my weapon. I used my weak hand to drop the magazine for qualifying. I sucked it up and dealt with the pain. Of course I was injured with about three weeks left and only had shooting and a couple other lighter physical things to complete. I wasn't interested in coming back. It only took about six months for the injury to completely heal.

      For those too injured to keep going they get sent back to their port and do light duty stuff, if able, or go out on workers comp. It's just like any job, if you are injured while working they will take care of you as the law requires.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

      For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
        well i'm glad i'm not the only "over the hill" person thats going to be there LOL...
        You are not alone. I was 46 when I started this process and am now 47.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          I had a severely sprained wrist, so bad I couldn't even press the magazine release on my weapon. I used my weak hand to drop the magazine for qualifying. I sucked it up and dealt with the pain. Of course I was injured with about three weeks left and only had shooting and a couple other lighter physical things to complete. I wasn't interested in coming back. It only took about six months for the injury to completely heal.

          For those too injured to keep going they get sent back to their port and do light duty stuff, if able, or go out on workers comp. It's just like any job, if you are injured while working they will take care of you as the law requires.
          I keep hearing of im dividuals getting injurred at FLETC and the types of injuries but do not recall hearing what types of activities caused such injuries. Can you shed some light on this?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
            I keep hearing of im dividuals getting injurred at FLETC and the types of injuries but do not recall hearing what types of activities caused such injuries. Can you shed some light on this?
            individuals

            Comment


            • Alaric,
              Yeah hopefully, tomorrow will be my 30 day mark for TSU. I'll be sure to let you know

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                I keep hearing of im dividuals getting injurred at FLETC and the types of injuries but do not recall hearing what types of activities caused such injuries. Can you shed some light on this?
                Most of the injuries in my class were due to DT. We had two people have to leave. One threw his back out in DT the other had a torn rotator cuff. I sprained my wrist in DT when I fell wrong and my partner landed on me. The rest of the injuries we overuse injuries (shin splints and such) from PT.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                Comment


                • Hello everyone, I have a question about the entrance exam.
                  I know in the study manual it says that I am supposed to have a certain amount of questions completed in a certain amount of time in the comprehention questions, but do they actually time you on it?
                  thanks
                  Border Patrol Timeline
                  Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                  Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                  Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                  Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                  Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                  Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                  Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                  Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                  Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                    Hello everyone, I have a question about the entrance exam.
                    I know in the study manual it says that I am supposed to have a certain amount of questions completed in a certain amount of time in the comprehention questions, but do they actually time you on it?
                    thanks
                    Yes, everything is timed.

                    Comment


                    • I have been waiting to change jobs for the past 4 years. Now it looks like Chicago PD and CBP will be calling me at the same time.
                      Just out of curiosity, what would you take?
                      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                        I have been waiting to change jobs for the past 4 years. Now it looks like Chicago PD and CBP will be calling me at the same time.
                        Just out of curiosity, what would you take?
                        I don't think anyone can tell you. It really depends on what you are looking for.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                          I have been waiting to change jobs for the past 4 years. Now it looks like Chicago PD and CBP will be calling me at the same time.
                          Just out of curiosity, what would you take?
                          If you are looking for actions, I would say the PD

                          Comment


                          • ni86, what port are you trying to get? Dang I see you got your TO In Dec. I tested the same month as you and I thought that with my score they would not even bother looking at me. I got it a month later...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                              ni86, what port are you trying to get? Dang I see you got your TO In Dec. I tested the same month as you and I thought that with my score they would not even bother looking at me. I got it a month later...
                              Well my first geo pref was Boston MA. Then I changed it to SF/Oakland in Nov 08.
                              The lady conducted my VBT told me that sf/oakland is a "needy" port. I was surprised by how fast they processed me.
                              Last edited by ni86; 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I've been in TSU for a little while and I have never received any notification of being in TSU other than CASS and the automated phone system. I recall seeing some post somewhere about applicants receiving written notification that the pre-employment steps where complete and they were being transferred to TSU.

                                For those of you in TSU or on your way to FLETC, did you receive written notification?
                                If so, does it contain any important information?

                                Thanks
                                CBPO
                                Tested - 8/21/08
                                TO - 9/23/08
                                TSU - 12/23/08
                                Geo Pref - Eastern TX

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9862 users online. 465 members and 9397 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X