300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woooooooops
    Last edited by FreeAgent; 02-06-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      There is suppose to be a new class coming in next week. There are already TONS of new officers here so I don't know what happens after the new class next week. Seems like they hired like crazy here.
      So that kinda tells me that, the more officers the less likely to get some serious OT? Just my guess. Did you want SFO from the get go, over Oakland?

Comment

• so where do most people fail at in the process? the initial test? backgrounds?

I've passed a BI before (dept. of corrections) and being relatively young (25) and having a pretty boring but clean background, i've never been worried about the BI, but obviously that doesn't mean I'll get the job and won't be worry free until day 1 on the job itself.

but with this many people, where do most get denied?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          so where do most people fail at in the process? the initial test? backgrounds?

I've passed a BI before (dept. of corrections) and being relatively young (25) and having a pretty boring but clean background, i've never been worried about the BI, but obviously that doesn't mean I'll get the job and won't be worry free until day 1 on the job itself.

but with this many people, where do most get denied?
          People fail at all stages of the process.

I don't know of any available information that posts numbers of failures per stage, but I'd say that the initial test, quitting, and then the physical/step test top the list. Then probably the BI. No one is really safe at any point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            What were the locations listed on your TO?

I feel fairly confident saying that most NY ports are listed under the RUS pay scale.

The locations on my TO "include but are not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Trout River, Champlain, Massena, Ogdensburg, etc...."
            CBPO Timeline
            GEO: NY (All Other)
            TEST: 8/15/08 (88)
            TO: 12/24/08
            FORMS: 1/9/09
            FITNESS: 1/16/09
            VBT: 1/21/09
            DRUG: 2/4/09
            QUALS: 2/4/09
            MEDICAL: 4/09
            BI: 5/1/09
            TSU:5/1/09

EOD: 6/8/09
            FLETC: 7/8/09
            GRAD: 10/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by HellaHandsome View Post
              WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

I just got the call for SOCAL @ San Ysidro!!! EOD FEB 23rd. FLETC March 24th!!!!

Again, heads up to you SW Border people, They do have spots.

Tested - August 08
              TO - September 08
              TSU- December 23rd, 08
              EOD- Feb 23rd
              FLETC- March 24th
              Congratulations! I'm jealous as heck!

Now here's my deal I tested July 31st and I haven't heard anything in awhile. My quals and BI are still pending. I met with my BI Nov. 18th. I guess I'm just concerned because I know of at least two people that have tested after me and they have already EOD'd. Anyone have any advice to console my worries? LOL
              Should I try contacting MHC?

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post

Now here's my deal I tested July 31st and I haven't heard anything in awhile. My quals and BI are still pending. I met with my BI Nov. 18th. I guess I'm just concerned because I know of at least two people that have tested after me and they have already EOD'd. Anyone have any advice to console my worries? LOL
                All you can do is wait. There are a bunch of people on here who have waited much longer than you. The people you know might have received interim clearance and that is why they were already picked up. MHC won't be able to tell you anything regarding your background investigation. It's in the hands of an adjudicator.

Comment

• As I wrote that I received an email stating my background was complete and satisfactory. On to TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                    So that kinda tells me that, the more officers the less likely to get some serious OT? Just my guess. Did you want SFO from the get go, over Oakland?
                    I am waiting for the bay area too. My background is pending. I took the test 6 months before a bunch of my buddies, 4 of them have been hired. All GS-5. I am waiting for GS-7. I don't know if that matters. Is San Francisco/Oakland still hiring? I am starting to wonder if there are any slots left. Not sure how that works.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post

I recently saw the new hire posting for California and San Francisco/Oakland was not on there. All So Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        All you can do is wait. There are a bunch of people on here who have waited much longer than you. The people you know might have received interim clearance and that is why they were already picked up. MHC won't be able to tell you anything regarding your background investigation. It's in the hands of an adjudicator.
                        Thanks for the advice and quick response.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          As I wrote that I received an email stating my background was complete and satisfactory. On to TSU.
                          How exactly did that happen? Ive been through the whole process once is '06-'07, and am only waiting on BI this time and I never once recieved an email regarding my process unless i intitiated it. Did you ask someone about your BI via email?

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post

i tested on the 31st too. we must have tested together. i also have the same stuff pending and am waiting for gs-7. it sucks to wait..

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                              i tested on the 31st too. we must have tested together. i also have the same stuff pending and am waiting for gs-7. it sucks to wait..
                              You guys need to quit focusing on GS-5/GS-7 having anything to do with it taking any time. Qualifications have nothing to do with clearing or getting an interim clearance, you must have figured by now that since it has been a month or two that you did not get an interim and are going through the regular process. You guys are waiting for your BI to clear, that could be 3-6 months if you're lucky and nothing arises, I would worry by the time 6 months have passed by since you met your investigator and nothing has happened.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                                There is suppose to be a new class coming in next week. There are already TONS of new officers here so I don't know what happens after the new class next week. Seems like they hired like crazy here.
                                How many people are in your class? What kind of age range are you seeing? Thanks.
                                Written: 12/9
                                NOR: 12/12 (94)
                                TO: 1/29
                                VBT: 2/26 completed
                                Medical: 4/27 completed
                                Fitness: 3/2 completed
                                Drug: 3/12 completed
                                BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                                Quals: completed on 3/19
                                The Call: 4/27
                                EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                                FLETC: 7/1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9946 users online. 475 members and 9471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X