300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Legacy Customs BI were good for one year after completion. if I remember correctly. INS was the same, I think. I'm not sure about CBP.

To be honest, I'm not sure about your case. If I was to guess, I'd say they'll just update it from last May to present. Though, that probably would have much to do with what exactly you've been up to for the last 10 months or so.
    Thanks for the help guys!!!

Comment

• WA calls

Originally posted by Chamoru View Post
      hey I'm just wondering if anyone in WA is getting calls yet?? That's what I'm waiting for..
      Several of us have gotten TO's but haven't heard from anyone saying they got calls....
      Test Date: 12/8/08
      NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
      TO: 1/30/09-Received
      Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
      VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
      Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
      Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
      Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
      Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
      BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Qualifications and offers question?

When in TSU, do your qualifications make a difference on what slots you can be offered within a particular geo perf?

Or is any funded position good for either a GS-5 or GS-7 applicant?

...just wondering. Thanks
        CBPO
        Tested - 8/21/08
        TO - 9/23/08
        TSU - 12/23/08
        Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Legacy Customs BI were good for one year after completion. if I remember correctly. INS was the same, I think. I'm not sure about CBP.

To be honest, I'm not sure about your case. If I was to guess, I'd say they'll just update it from last May to present. Though, that probably would have much to do with what exactly you've been up to for the last 10 months or so.
          CBP is the same. Medical is good for 1 year.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
            When in TSU, do your qualifications make a difference on what slots you can be offered within a particular geo perf?

Or is any funded position good for either a GS-5 or GS-7 applicant?

...just wondering. Thanks
            Good question.

I'll go with no, it doesn't matter...once you hit TSU.

Getting into TSU might be a different story. A GS-05 applicant might reach TSU quicker.
            It's far easier to qualify for a GS-05 than a GS-07 and there are limited numbers of GS-07's available to be handed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
              How is the table tennis action at fletc? I'm an avid player and play at about an 1800-1900 level. I'm planning on bring my equipment. I hope there are other serious players there.
              Dont recall seeing any table tennis there. The only games we played with tables is flip cup and beer pong!

Comment

• Originally posted by JBrass View Post
                Hey Merlin - My BI was complete for CBP back in May 08. I am testing for BP this month. Will that BI carry over to this process? Thanks for any info you or anybody else can provide.
                just so you know, my roommate was in the BP academy in august. when he did the process for CBP the only thing that carried over was the BI. he took the medical/drug testing/VBT/forms/ and all that within the next month though. that's how he cleared everything and got into TSU in just 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                  just so you know, my roommate was in the BP academy in august. when he did the process for CBP the only thing that carried over was the BI. he took the medical/drug testing/VBT/forms/ and all that within the next month though. that's how he cleared everything and got into TSU in just 2 months.
                  That is outstanding!!! The only reason I ask is because it has been 9 months since my BI. I was, at the very least, expecting them to re-visit it. Thanks!

Comment

• Tsa

Once you get to TSA what is the average wait time? It says 30-60, maybe 90 days on CASS but it that as reliable as the other BS info CBP gives you?
                    I have a Geo of anywhere in MI.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                      Once you get to TSA what is the average wait time? It says 30-60, maybe 90 days on CASS but it that as reliable as the other BS info CBP gives you?
                      I assume you're referring to "TSU"? Depends on the locale. Some people like NJ have been waiting for months. From my experience and those of friends, once you hit TSU for Michigan, you wont have to wait long. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                        What happens after I have successfully completed the pre-employment screening process? Will I immediately be scheduled for entry on duty (EOD)?

It depends. Upon clearance, your name will be added to an existing pipeline of cleared CBP Officers who are available to fill vacancies as they arise at locations all around the country. Whether you are immediately contacted about an available vacancy depends on the locations you chose, the number of people in the pipeline at those locations, and the number of vacancies or new positions available at the location. When your name is reached for an available vacancy at a location you chose, the Training Scheduling Unit of the Minneapolis Hiring Center will contact you.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...s/application_ process/bpa_hire_proces.xm

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                          What happens after I have successfully completed the pre-employment screening process? Will I immediately be scheduled for entry on duty (EOD)?

It depends. Upon clearance, your name will be added to an existing pipeline of cleared CBP Officers who are available to fill vacancies as they arise at locations all around the country. Whether you are immediately contacted about an available vacancy depends on the locations you chose, the number of people in the pipeline at those locations, and the number of vacancies or new positions available at the location. When your name is reached for an available vacancy at a location you chose, the Training Scheduling Unit of the Minneapolis Hiring Center will contact you.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...s/application_ process/bpa_hire_proces.xm
                          Last edited by co94; 02-05-2009, 09:59 AM. Reason: Yeah. I know all about availability. Newark is moving like molassis(sp?). TSU 8-8-08, and still in the wait................

Comment

• So what normally happens when you meet with your Background Investigator? What kinds of questions do they ask? How do they go about interviewing your family, friends and neighbors and what do they normally ask them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
                              So what normally happens when you meet with your Background Investigator? What kinds of questions do they ask? How do they go about interviewing your family, friends and neighbors and what do they normally ask them?

The investigator will mostly go over your sf-86 line by line and make sure it's all accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
                                So what normally happens when you meet with your Background Investigator? What kinds of questions do they ask? How do they go about interviewing your family, friends and neighbors and what do they normally ask them?
                                Usual crap, are you racist? are you a good neighbor? are you trustworthy? That kinda stuff. 15 minutes per reference, tops.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9908 users online. 480 members and 9428 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X