300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    That cracks me up because they say you cant continue with your pre-employment steps without first passing the VBT. Like everything else in the hiring process FAQ's, its all a load of crapola.
    VBT was the last step for me I had been cleared on my forms,med,fit and drug before I was even scheduled for the VBT
    Last edited by imlikeaninja; 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
      VBT was the last step for me I had been cleared on my forms,med,fit and drug before I was even scheduled for the VBT
      About how long after everything cleared were you scheduled for your VBT?

Comment

• about a week

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
          Hey Yoda....Yeah. I forgot to put that one in there. Met in December. Spoke to MHC and they said that I have my clearance. I asked specifically if it was an interim clearance and they said that it was not. The woman I spoke to said that I have cleared the necessary background investigation and that it has been reviewed and I am clear.
          MHC wouldn't know if it was full or interim, but if you met your investigator and a couple of weeks later everything cleared it is an interim. A Full clear takes about 3 months, they just simply didn't find anything objectionable at a glance and from the initial look at the Investigators report. Good Luck man, I wish I was in your shoes at this point.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I got my TO today!! For Dec tester, just want to tell you the time line.

Written test pass: 12/8/0
            NOR: 12/11/08 (high 80's)
            TO Rec: 2/4/08 (they sent out on Jan 30th, Fri) need to turn in before Feb, 13th.!!!

That's all for now! wish me luck!

Comment

• I was definitely surprised as well, to see that Buffalo and other northern border locations were not among those listed under the new CBP announcement. THEY DID however, get listed under the new BP announcement. If I'm not mistaken thats the first time that these northern border locations were even an option. 2 or 3 years ago when I tested for BP it was all SW locations, and quite frankly, I decided that I wasn't that desperate yet. I have a friend who took that job down in Arizona, but unfortunately has had his transfer back up north denied and they've refused to pay his moving costs. I would've looked into this BP announcement, had I not been offered the job with CBP. They make you do 15 months down in the SW, but at least you get to finish your probationary period back up at the northern border.
              Last edited by NAL06; 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• They actually had a Northern border application period last year.

Comment

• I tested back in Nov. of 2007. Received my T.O. in Dec. of 2008. In January '09 took my medical, fitness, and VBT. Have not been called about the drug test yet and the only thing showing Completed are my forms on CASS. And my T.O. is for Illinois (Chicago).

Comment

• Hey Merlin - My BI was complete for CBP back in May 08. I am testing for BP this month. Will that BI carry over to this process? Thanks for any info you or anybody else can provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBrass View Post
                      Hey Merlin - My BI was complete for CBP back in May 08. I am testing for BP this month. Will that BI carry over to this process? Thanks for any info you or anybody else can provide.

The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.
                        You wouldn't happen to know if there is a time limit. I assume the drug test and physical will probably have to be retaken. I'm just hoping the BI is still good as it is the longest portion. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to know if there is a time limit. I assume the drug test and physical will probably have to be retaken. I'm just hoping the BI is still good as it is the longest portion. Thanks again for the info.
                          I believe the drug test and medical exam are good for 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            I believe the drug test and medical exam are good for 1 year.
                            The medical is good for one year. When mine went over a year, i didnt have to redo it. I just had to fill out a form or two stating nothing has changed with my health and havent had any surgery, etc.

Comment

Legacy Customs BI were good for one year after completion. if I remember correctly. INS was the same, I think. I'm not sure about CBP.

To be honest, I'm not sure about your case. If I was to guess, I'd say they'll just update it from last May to present. Though, that probably would have much to do with what exactly you've been up to for the last 10 months or so.

Comment

• hey I'm just wondering if anyone in WA is getting calls yet?? That's what I'm waiting for..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7575 users online. 358 members and 7217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X