300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edavila View Post
    Is there anyone out there with a TO for Georgia?
    I have a TO for Georgia. Took my VBT almost 2 weeks ago, did not do drug test yet and BI is in a coma it seems. 07 tester. This is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
      I have a TO for Georgia. Took my VBT almost 2 weeks ago, did not do drug test yet and BI is in a coma it seems. 07 tester. This is killing me.
      When did you get your TO and when did you have your background interview?
      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
      Written: 5/15/08
      NOR: 5/20/08
      TO: 10/28/08
      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
      Fitness: 2/02/09
      BI: 3/15/09
      OB: 4/24
      EOD: 7/27
      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
      Written: 3/15/08
      NOR: 4/2/08
      TO: 5/22/08
      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
      VBT: 6/30/08
      Drug Test: 7/10/08
      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
      BI submitted: 10/10/08
      TSU: 4/2/09
      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
        When did you get your TO and when did you have your background interview?
        This is my horrible time frame:
        Test=Nov 07
        TO=Oct 08
        Physical=Nov 08
        Medical=Nov 08
        Qual=Dec 08
        BI=Dec 08
        VBT=Jan 09 (waiting on result)
        Drug=not yet

I can not wait any longer so I am about to move on.
        NYS certified EMT= passed Jan 09
        NYC corrections= taking exam on saturday
        Mount Vernon PD= Took exam Nov 08
        Federal Air Marshal= Applied two days ago

Life is too short and the economy is too crappy to wait for one job.
        Hopefully I will get the one that I really, really want (CBP).

Comment

• This is my horrible time frame:
          Test=Nov 07
          TO=Oct 08
          Physical=Nov 08
          Medical=Nov 08
          Qual=Dec 08
          BI=Dec 08
          VBT=Jan 09 (waiting on result)
          Drug=not yet
          Not that you or anyone really wants to hear it, but a wait of 2 years or more from testing to hire is really somewhat common. 4-5-6 years ago it was more or less the norm.

15 months is not really all that long to be in the hiring process at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Not that you or anyone really wants to hear it, but a wait of 2 years or more from testing to hire is really somewhat common. 4-5-6 years ago it was more or less the norm.

I agree with your point and am not arguing, BUT:

I think people have come to the expectation of what the FAQ's say about 6-12 months total (and thats if problems arise) and hearing people clearing in 4 and 5 months raises those expectations.

Comment

Based on what I have read I do not expect anything right now. I am just getting restless everytime I check and I see pending, pending, pending, come on already. Why launch a new recruiting campaign now when so many people are wasting away in pendingville. I rather be safe than sorry so I am applying to everything that interest me. You and Yoda have been really helpfull, thanks alot for educating us and I hope your ordeal ends soon..

Comment

• Thanks for sharing.The best one that.I am very interesting to join this.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  I agree with your point and am not arguing, BUT:

I think people have come to the expectation of what the FAQ's say about 6-12 months total (and thats if problems arise) and hearing people clearing in 4 and 5 months raises those expectations.
                  You've seen a FAQ stating a 6-12 month total process? I haven't. I've heard that number tossed about in regards to the BI process, but that's just one step among many toward the goal of getting hired. All one needs to do is look around this board to see that there's plenty of folks on the sidelines currently with 18 or more months of "hurry up and wait" time behind them.

In Wasting's case, it took him nearly a year to receive a TO. If you look at his processing since then, he's actually moving along fairly quickly.

Comment

You've seen a FAQ stating a 6-12 month total process? I haven't. I've heard that number tossed about in regards to the BI process, but that's just one step among many toward the goal of getting hired. All one needs to do is look around this board to see that there's plenty of folks on the sidelines currently with 18 or more months of "hurry up and wait" time behind them.

In Wasting's case, it took him nearly a year to receive a TO. If you look at his processing since then, he's actually moving along fairly quickly.
                    Well Merlin, when i speak of timelines I always refer to the date someone recieves a t.o. Without that, there's really no point concerning about it. Yeah, if you log onto CASS and hit FAQ's, it's like the first paragraph i believe.

Comment

• In the FAQ regarding processing timelines it states, "if you have no issues arise in your medical exam or background investigation, it normally takes 4 to 6 months to complete the pre-appointment screening process. If issues arise, it can take up to 9 to 12 months to complete the process." Not sure if this is what he was referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        In the FAQ regarding processing timelines it states, "if you have no issues arise in your medical exam or background investigation, it normally takes 4 to 6 months to complete the pre-appointment screening process. If issues arise, it can take up to 9 to 12 months to complete the process." Not sure if this is what he was referring to.
                        Yeah, thats what i thought i read.

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                          Based on what I have read I do not expect anything right now. I am just getting restless everytime I check and I see pending, pending, pending, come on already. Why launch a new recruiting campaign now when so many people are wasting away in pendingville. I rather be safe than sorry so I am applying to everything that interest me. You and Yoda have been really helpfull, thanks alot for educating us and I hope your ordeal ends soon..
                          Why launch a National recruiting campaign when the only places open right now are WA and TX. There was a job fair at JFK the other day and people lined up for 1 1/2 hrs to get info and a slip of paper telling them to log on to usajobs to apply when there is nothing open on the east coast? I know there is a disconnect between MHC and the actual POE's that need people but that just struck me as ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            Why launch a National recruiting campaign when the only places open right now are WA and TX. There was a job fair at JFK the other day and people lined up for 1 1/2 hrs to get info and a slip of paper telling them to log on to usajobs to apply when there is nothing open on the east coast? I know there is a disconnect between MHC and the actual POE's that need people but that just struck me as ridiculous.
                            Yeah, i agree that is a realtively stupid thing to do. When people think CBP job fair, i assume they are thinking of the law enforcement side of things. So they are gonna go to a job fair in NY or Michigan, get excited, go home and say "oh boy jobs in Texas, well that was worthless..."

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post

The job fair wasn't about just filling CBPO positions. It was targeting BP and various other positions and support staff as well.

Granted, had somebody been really thinking they'd have either opened this limited announcement months ago and gone along with a national announcement to run aside the job fair, or they'd have postponed the job fair to go along with the next nationwide announcement(most likely in the spring).

There's not much for common sense overall in CBP though, so this is what you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Well Merlin, when i speak of timelines I always refer to the date someone recieves a t.o. Without that, there's really no point concerning about it. Yeah, if you log onto CASS and hit FAQ's, it's like the first paragraph i believe.
                                Well... since it's in CASS I have no way of knowing of it. I haven't had CASS access since '03, give or take.

I have no why they're telling people 12 months, when for many they don't deliver. Those decisions are made far above me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7622 users online. 371 members and 7251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X