Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New applicants(and nearly everybody else)...

There's 310 pages of this thread filled with the answers of most of your questions.

Read the whole thread...use the search function. Most answers await you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
      I just got my TO yesterday so I'm pretty excited. I do have a question however, regarding the pay scale. I am currently a Federal employee under the CL pay grade. My current salary is slightly above the GS-7 grade (I qualified for the GS-7) and I am wondering how this works? Does my current pay and years (8) transfer over straight across or am I gonna take a big pay cut? The MN hiring center told me they wouldn't go into in with me unless I passed everything. Can anyone shed some light???

Thanks
      If you're coming in from a DHS agency...they'll pay match your base salary.

If not...they may, they may not. They might offer you something in between. There's no real way of knowing beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLnSOCAL View Post
        got the call in southern cal, for san diego port of entry. waiting on my orders from mhc. also EOD is 2-12-09 fletc is 3-12-09, just going off what TSU told me over the phone, i should have my dates and letter mon or tue then al re-post,,,,,,,,beware san diego has vaccancys, i've been waiting since 10-20-08, 4 months later i got the call,,,,1-31-09, good luck to all
        I don't know what MHC is doing. I was sent to TSU on 10/16/08 for san diego. I haven't gotten the call. I only have had one phone number for the past 5 years. I am still in cass for 10/16/08 referred to scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by weeddog View Post
          HEY CHICKEN HEAD

Why do I read about you guys on TRUST BETRAYED constantly................what do you need to get hired by your get-up???

A PULSE??
          Way to get your panties in a bunch over a joke that had nothing to do with you. Oh and you keep seeing dirty ex-agents in trust betrayed because we are cleaning house.

Comment

• TO time

Originally posted by RJ-Seattle View Post
            Got mine today as well, for Washington all other locations. I tested 12/8. Best of luck with the rest of the process, hope it moves "fast" for us.
            I tested on 12/8 as well and received my TO today. I, as well, hope the rest of the process starts moving quickly...

Other WA TO's...what location were you offered?
            Last edited by mlrtme; 02-03-2009, 10:53 PM.
            Test Date: 12/8/08
            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
            TO: 1/30/09-Received
            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Congratulations!!!

Just got home from work. The roads are sick tonight. Damn snow. Congratulations to everyone who got the call today. Wish you all well. Good Luck!

Comment

• well my roommate is in TSU as of today. he tested on 12/1/08. so it took him about 2 months to get into TSU. i'm jealous cuz i tested 7/31/08 and am still waiting. but then again, he was already pre-cleared for border patrol so i guess the fact that his BI automatically transferred over really sped up the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  If you're coming in from a DHS agency...they'll pay match your base salary.

If not...they may, they may not. They might offer you something in between. There's no real way of knowing beforehand.
                  On this note, one guy I work with came from BOP. He did not receive pay matching, but he didn't come in at the bottom of the GS-7 scale either.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey Yoda....Yeah. I forgot to put that one in there. Met in December. Spoke to MHC and they said that I have my clearance. I asked specifically if it was an interim clearance and they said that it was not. The woman I spoke to said that I have cleared the necessary background investigation and that it has been reviewed and I am clear.

Comment

• LEEN....Check your PM

Comment

• Anybody in TSU still waiting for East Texas?
                        CBPO
                        Tested - 8/21/08
                        TO - 9/23/08
                        TSU - 12/23/08
                        Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Is there anyone out there with a TO for Georgia?

Comment

• Originally posted by edavila View Post
                            Is there anyone out there with a TO for Georgia?
                            I think everybody is waiting to get sent to Georgia, fletc that is!

Comment

• Yes I see. I tested on 12/02/08 and I have yet to take my VBT, but everything else has cleared except for my BI. So when it does, I won't have far to travel for FLETC since I am already in Georgia...

Comment

• Originally posted by edavila View Post
                                Yes I see. I tested on 12/02/08 and I have yet to take my VBT, but everything else has cleared except for my BI. So when it does, I won't have far to travel for FLETC since I am already in Georgia...
                                That cracks me up because they say you cant continue with your pre-employment steps without first passing the VBT. Like everything else in the hiring process FAQ's, its all a load of crapola.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4971 users online. 270 members and 4701 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X