Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it me or does it seem like I'm the only one on this forum going for CBPO in Massachusetts...

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
      is it me or does it seem like I'm the only one on this forum going for CBPO in Massachusetts...
      Better for you, less competiton.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        The Investigator that interviews you is a contractor paid by OPM, they have just a few weeks to do their interview and submit a report...to get paid!

As to calling IA to check up on your case... If I had not contacted them, I would probably still be a file gathering dust since my adjudicator didn't even know she had my case! The last action taken on my case was right after they got it from the investigator in Jan 08', and that was before she even began working there, she got stuck with the previous adjudicators cases... Mine was one of them. It shouldn't take more than 6 months to get cleared, some that I have helped were tossed aside by some stupid thing that a phone call could've cleared... they waited 6 months or more and when they finally got in touch with them it was a simple matter of "oh that information is incorrect, it should be this, this, and that"... and soon after they were cleared. We shouldn't be afraid of getting anyone mad at us for them not doing their job, and it is after all our future that they hold idly in their hands...

NORDY...
        Congrats Man!...
        I agree completely. Sometimes making a simple follow-up call to the right people can really help yourself out.
        ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
        Written: 5/15/08
        NOR: 5/20/08
        TO: 10/28/08
        Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
        Fitness: 2/02/09
        BI: 3/15/09
        OB: 4/24
        EOD: 7/27
        FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
        Written: 3/15/08
        NOR: 4/2/08
        TO: 5/22/08
        Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
        Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
        VBT: 6/30/08
        Drug Test: 7/10/08
        Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
        Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
        BI submitted: 10/10/08
        TSU: 4/2/09
        Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
          I agree completely. Sometimes making a simple follow-up call to the right people can really help yourself out.
          I agree with you guys, i just dont want to jump the gun. They're just gonna say, "it can take 6-12 months for your file to clear". I at least want to be able to say, "it has been 6 months".

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
            is it me or does it seem like I'm the only one on this forum going for CBPO in Massachusetts...
            Boston, MA was my initial geo pref. But it is a very popular port. It will take a while for spots to open up
            Last edited by ni86; 02-03-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Well you use the opm.gov e-qip for CBP and for military. So beyond that i guess its just up to who is investigating you to decide how much they are gonna snoop around.
              Actually it isn't. The investigator must cover certain things by obtaining certain specific information. You fill out the same "form" whether you are obtaining a secret, top secret, or CBPO BI. Where the extra information comes from is in the questions required to be asked by the BI. There will be extra for you as well as extra from you references, but the info obtained from the SF-86 (e-qip) is all the same.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I Got The Call Guys!!!!!!its So Awesome!!!start On Feb 17 And Go To Fletc On March 19 Going To The El Paso Field Office!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Interesting, i know some people have their BI's number and/or email, but not me. I have no interest in bugging my BI. Was just wondering if it was a common thing for the BI to let you know they submitted the file and was wondering why mine did not. Of course last time i went through they didnt tell then either, so who knows? Had the same BI both times and she interviewed me, my folks, friends and neighbors all in the same day.
                  When I was doing BI's I was too busy to call the person back and advise when my investigation was completed. I was a full time employee though, and some of the contractor investigators, who are normally retired, might be more willing to fill you in. I wasn't a butt about it though. I would explain what my part of the process entailed and give an estimated time for me to complete the paperwork. As a matter of routine I would also give a quick synopsis of the whole process and where the backlogs were.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                    Boston, MA was my initial geo pref. But it is a very popular port. It will take a while for spots to open up
                    u know wat's funny is i was thinking of going for SF/OAK too haha
                    i got family over there and i'm very familiar with the area..

Comment

• Well, August tester here, just found out my medical finally got cleared today, so that makes everything. (thankfully, I think I received a interim clearance) Now I wait for the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kermitthefrog View Post
                        I Got The Call Guys!!!!!!its So Awesome!!!start On Feb 17 And Go To Fletc On March 19 Going To The El Paso Field Office!!!!!
                        see you there on the 19th .. do you happen to know what our class number is?

Yoda.. thanks for all the info you provided me.. i hope your file gets finished and cleared soon..

stw1226... thanks.. LAX and the Port is still hiring big time, so i wouldn't worry to much about not having a space when your finished with all your steps..

Comment

• Just The Call.

Just Got The Call About 2 Hours Ago. They Will Be Sending Me An Official Letter In A Couple Of Days. I'll Let You Know. Congrats!!!!!

Comment

• Another week with a ton of calls going out.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I am a frequent visitor to this forum since I applied for the position of CBP. I joined to say that I received a call from scheduling, my EOD is Feb. 17th and FLETC date is March 12th. I would also like to say thanks for all the support I received from the members postings it helped made the wait a little bearable. Thanks once again. Oh my port is JFK.
                              Test-March
                              NOR-April
                              Drug test, Fitness, Medical and BI-Summer
                              Sent to Scheduling-12/18
                              EOD-Feb 17
                              FLETC-March 12

Comment

• Originally posted by Kustom Kid View Post
                                Hey everyone, I am a frequent visitor to this forum since I applied for the position of CBP. I joined to say that I received a call from scheduling, my EOD is Feb. 17th and FLETC date is March 12th. I would also like to say thanks for all the support I received from the members postings it helped made the wait a little bearable. Thanks once again. Oh my port is JFK.
                                Test-March
                                NOR-April
                                Drug test, Fitness, Medical and BI-Summer
                                Sent to Scheduling-12/18
                                EOD-Feb 17
                                FLETC-March 12
                                east coast love finally..lol
                                Boston next pls haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5558 users online. 285 members and 5273 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X