300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
    My buddy is at FLETC right now and shot me an email and said it's a joke. He says he is living in a hotel with maid service? I can't tell if he is joking. He has only been there a couple weeks and I figure its way too early to tell what it's going to be like. This guy was running everyday and going to the gym. He got out of the Marines a year ago. I figure that's what he is comparing it to. Anyone know the difficulty at FLETC??
    One should never get over confident going into something new and unkown, but your buddy pretty much has it right on the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
      Congrats to all who got the call. Some of you all got the call on my birthday Jan. 27th. I am stressing for my background to hurry up and clear so I can get the call and get started. My background investigator said that she had to turn everything in 2 weeks ago so I hope I hope my status change in the next two weeks.
      Sit tight there buddy.

I met with my BI 19 weeks ago at the end of Sept. She submitted my case to security on 10/10. Nothing since.
      Last edited by JDNoble81; 02-03-2009, 12:26 PM.
      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
      Written: 5/15/08
      NOR: 5/20/08
      TO: 10/28/08
      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
      Fitness: 2/02/09
      BI: 3/15/09
      OB: 4/24
      EOD: 7/27
      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
      Written: 3/15/08
      NOR: 4/2/08
      TO: 5/22/08
      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
      VBT: 6/30/08
      Drug Test: 7/10/08
      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
      BI submitted: 10/10/08
      TSU: 4/2/09
      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
        no east coast love with the calls as of late huh?
        No east coast love. I've been seeing a lot of East Texas and Florida calls.

Where's the Philly love?

CBPO Pennsylvania
        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
          Sit tight there buddy.

I met with my BI 19 weeks ago at the end of Sept. She submitted my case to security on 10/10. Nothing since.
          Well at least someones in the exact same boat as me. How did you know when you file was submitted for review?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Well at least someones in the exact same boat as me. How did you know when you file was submitted for review?
            The BI told my mom when she interviewed her. Said she needed to conduct the interview on a Wed. because it needed to be submitted that Friday 10/10. Makes sense since I was interviewed on 9/24. From what I hear, BI's have about 3-4 weeks to submit your case by their deadline after they receive it.

CBPO Pennsylvania
            EOD:

Comment

• Question for you guys. when i call the CASS hotline it lists my VBT as "completed". now does that mean that i passed or simply that i have just completed it?

Comment

The BI told my mom when she interviewed her. Said she needed to conduct the interview on a Wed. because it needed to be submitted that Friday 10/10. Makes sense since I was interviewed on 9/24. From what I hear, BI's have about 3-4 weeks to submit your case by their deadline after they receive it.
                Interesting, i know some people have their BI's number and/or email, but not me. I have no interest in bugging my BI. Was just wondering if it was a common thing for the BI to let you know they submitted the file and was wondering why mine did not. Of course last time i went through they didnt tell then either, so who knows? Had the same BI both times and she interviewed me, my folks, friends and neighbors all in the same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                  Question for you guys. when i call the CASS hotline it lists my VBT as "completed". now does that mean that i passed or simply that i have just completed it?
                  you passed, congrats.

CBPO Pennsylvania
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                    Question for you guys. when i call the CASS hotline it lists my VBT as "completed". now does that mean that i passed or simply that i have just completed it?
                    Its safe to assume you passed. You'll get a letter in the mail telling you that.

Comment

• You can also say "oral board" when you're on the CASS hotline and it will give you a more detailed description.

Comment

• wow what a sigh of relief. thank you all.

Comment

Interesting, i know some people have their BI's number and/or email, but not me. I have no interest in bugging my BI. Was just wondering if it was a common thing for the BI to let you know they submitted the file and was wondering why mine did not. Of course last time i went through they didnt tell then either, so who knows? Had the same BI both times and she interviewed me, my folks, friends and neighbors all in the same day.
                          Some BIs do, some don't.. depends on the person. Its more of a courtesy than anything. If you were to call and ask, I couldn't see why he or she wouldn't tell you.

I like knowing that I'm not the only one waiting. This forum is great. How are you passing the time? I'm close to 5 months since my BI meet. At 6 months, I'm going to ask for that IA phone number.

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          EOD:

Comment

Some BIs do, some don't.. depends on the person. Its more of a courtesy than anything. If you were to call and ask, I couldn't see why he or she wouldn't tell you.

I like knowing that I'm not the only one waiting. This forum is great. How are you passing the time? I'm close to 5 months since my BI meet. At 6 months, I'm going to ask for that IA phone number.
                            Just pulling my hair out and eating TUMS like everyone else. And shoveling snow. Im not the type to call BI's or IA. I just would hate to get someone mad and have them drop my file behind their desk.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                              i'm sorry to hear that.. hopefully it will get cleared up fast for you..
                              Nordy!!! you got your CALL?? CONGRATE!!!!

I am waiting for my package =p (just pass test)

Get some inside info for me for up coming class. yeah?!

Comment

Just pulling my hair out and eating TUMS like everyone else. And shoveling snow. Im not the type to call BI's or IA. I just would hate to get someone mad and have them drop my file behind their desk.
                                The Investigator that interviews you is a contractor paid by OPM, they have just a few weeks to do their interview and submit a report...to get paid!

As to calling IA to check up on your case... If I had not contacted them, I would probably still be a file gathering dust since my adjudicator didn't even know she had my case! The last action taken on my case was right after they got it from the investigator in Jan 08', and that was before she even began working there, she got stuck with the previous adjudicators cases... Mine was one of them. It shouldn't take more than 6 months to get cleared, some that I have helped were tossed aside by some stupid thing that a phone call could've cleared... they waited 6 months or more and when they finally got in touch with them it was a simple matter of "oh that information is incorrect, it should be this, this, and that"... and soon after they were cleared. We shouldn't be afraid of getting anyone mad at us for them not doing their job, and it is after all our future that they hold idly in their hands...

NORDY...
                                Congrats Man!...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 188 members and 4502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X