300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
    I JUST GOT THE CALL ... EOD Feb 23 at Long Beach Port.... report to FLETC Mar 19th...... can't believe it
    hey, congrats man. hopefully i can be saying the same soon enough..

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
      I JUST GOT THE CALL ... EOD Feb 23 at Long Beach Port.... report to FLETC Mar 19th...... can't believe it
      Awesome for you! Congratulations! Wish you all the best and good luck in Glynco.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        Way to aim high!

Merlin, I see you guys are still hiring clerks with guns...
        HEY CHICKEN HEAD

Why do I read about you guys on TRUST BETRAYED constantly................what do you need to get hired by your get-up???

A PULSE??
        sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to all who got the call. Some of you all got the call on my birthday Jan. 27th. I am stressing for my background to hurry up and clear so I can get the call and get started. My background investigator said that she had to turn everything in 2 weeks ago so I hope I hope my status change in the next two weeks.
          Miami by way of Chicago
          Test 8/4/08
          TO 11/13/08
          Drug Test 11/13/08
          VBT 12/11/08
          Physical 12/16/08
          Qual 1/10/09
          Met BI 1/5/09
          BI cleared 2/19/09
          TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
            Congrats to all who got the call. Some of you all got the call on my birthday Jan. 27th. I am stressing for my background to hurry up and clear so I can get the call and get started. My background investigator said that she had to turn everything in 2 weeks ago so I hope I hope my status change in the next two weeks.
            Hopefully it'll be a quick turn around for you, but dont count on it. My BI interview was in the last week of October, i believe, and aint heard a thing since. Lots of calls going out it seems though, which is good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Hopefully it'll be a quick turn around for you, but dont count on it. My BI interview was in the last week of October, i believe, and aint heard a thing since. Lots of calls going out it seems though, which is good news.
              You know whats confusing. I also applied for Border Patrol and my background cleared back in October before I even met my investigator but when the investigator called I told him that I was not interested in the border patrol position. I guess I should've met him. I guess it takes a long time to serve your country.
              Miami by way of Chicago
              Test 8/4/08
              TO 11/13/08
              Drug Test 11/13/08
              VBT 12/11/08
              Physical 12/16/08
              Qual 1/10/09
              Met BI 1/5/09
              BI cleared 2/19/09
              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                You know whats confusing. I also applied for Border Patrol and my background cleared back in October before I even met my investigator but when the investigator called I told him that I was not interested in the border patrol position. I guess I should've met him. I guess it takes a long time to serve your country.
                When it comes to the BI, the whole "completed"/"not completed" varies from case to case and is rather unreliable. You'll know your BI is complated and adjudicated in full when leave FLETC with your badge and gun.

Comment

• no east coast love with the calls as of late huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    no east coast love with the calls as of late huh?
                    Seemingly no love for the midwest either!

Comment

• I know 6 people who took the CBP test 6 months after me. 4 of them have been hired. Two of them have shady backgrounds. I have been finished with everything for months now. The only thing pending is my BI. I have military service, bachelor’s degree, and currently work for DHS and already have cleared a background. The people I know all got hired for GS-5. I have applied for GS-7. Anyone know if that is what holding me up? Do they take GS- 5 first? I called the Minneapolis hiring center and they said they are just waiting for my BI to clear and it’s in Washington. Is there anyone who I can call and ask about my BI or am I stuck?
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                        I know 6 people who took the CBP test 6 months after me. 4 of them have been hired. Two of them have shady backgrounds. I have been finished with everything for months now. The only thing pending is my BI. I have military service, bachelor’s degree, and currently work for DHS and already have cleared a background. The people I know all got hired for GS-5. I have applied for GS-7. Anyone know if that is what holding me up? Do they take GS- 5 first? I called the Minneapolis hiring center and they said they are just waiting for my BI to clear and it’s in Washington. Is there anyone who I can call and ask about my BI or am I stuck?
                        Thanks!
                        Thats soooo crappy bro. I know what you're saying, but its my opinion that it is luck of the draw. If your folder is in a pile somewhere, you could be Jack Webb and no one would know it til they finally come across it! Hang in there.

Comment

• I just got my TO yesterday so I'm pretty excited. I do have a question however, regarding the pay scale. I am currently a Federal employee under the CL pay grade. My current salary is slightly above the GS-7 grade (I qualified for the GS-7) and I am wondering how this works? Does my current pay and years (8) transfer over straight across or am I gonna take a big pay cut? The MN hiring center told me they wouldn't go into in with me unless I passed everything. Can anyone shed some light???

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                            I just got my TO yesterday so I'm pretty excited. I do have a question however, regarding the pay scale. I am currently a Federal employee under the CL pay grade. My current salary is slightly above the GS-7 grade (I qualified for the GS-7) and I am wondering how this works? Does my current pay and years (8) transfer over straight across or am I gonna take a big pay cut? The MN hiring center told me they wouldn't go into in with me unless I passed everything. Can anyone shed some light???

Thanks
                            I believe that will match by keeping you at the GS-7 but increasing your steps until you meet your current salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                              I know 6 people who took the CBP test 6 months after me. 4 of them have been hired. Two of them have shady backgrounds. I have been finished with everything for months now. The only thing pending is my BI. I have military service, bachelor’s degree, and currently work for DHS and already have cleared a background. The people I know all got hired for GS-5. I have applied for GS-7. Anyone know if that is what holding me up? Do they take GS- 5 first? I called the Minneapolis hiring center and they said they are just waiting for my BI to clear and it’s in Washington. Is there anyone who I can call and ask about my BI or am I stuck?
                              Thanks!
                              i'm sorry to hear that.. hopefully it will get cleared up fast for you..

Comment

• My buddy is at FLETC right now and shot me an email and said it's a joke. He says he is living in a hotel with maid service? I can't tell if he is joking. He has only been there a couple weeks and I figure its way too early to tell what it's going to be like. This guy was running everyday and going to the gym. He got out of the Marines a year ago. I figure that's what he is comparing it to. Anyone know the difficulty at FLETC??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8852 users online. 430 members and 8422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X