300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
    Seems like today was a TO day for a lot of people!

Now we need "you're healthy day” and “you can walk for 5 minutes day” followed by “you are not a terrorist day”.

Suddenly it looks all so simple

If it were that simple, I and many others would've never gotten a NOPA.
    The BI is not only to determine if you're a "terrorist" or if you have a criminal record, they look into every aspect of your life to find the slightest excuse to find you unsuitable for the job. I've never committed a crime, I hardly ever drink, I don't use drugs, I'm not in debt up to my head, and I quit smoking a month before I met my investigator... 13 months later here I am still waiting to be cleared...3 months after responding to the NOPA (which they haven't even touched yet).
    Some are very lucky and get the job in a few months, others are stuck in the waiting game...
    The funny thing is that the Adjudicators keep feeding me the line that they have other "priorities", but come on 13 months in it and 3 months with a NOPA response on their desk, and they keep claiming they have other priorities, as if my investigation is not as important as someone else's...

Sorry for going off track a bit, but it is to show the reality of the process... some get it good, some just get crapped on...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I'm starting to worry about my drug test. Hehe before you jump to conclusions, I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin. Two days later I had a drug test and was told that the lab will contact me if there is anything in question. Well, I took the whiz quiz on Friday morning and it's almost Tuesday and no call from the lab.
      They did not want to know what medications I was on at the time.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
        Hey Washingtonians, I tested on 12/9 and applied for Washington - Northern Border. I received my TO in the mail today and hope some of you did as well. Just giving you a heads up in case you are getting anxious.
        Got mine today as well, for Washington all other locations. I tested 12/8. Best of luck with the rest of the process, hope it moves "fast" for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          If it were that simple, I and many others would've never gotten a NOPA.
          The BI is not only to determine if you're a "terrorist" or if you have a criminal record, they look into every aspect of your life to find the slightest excuse to find you unsuitable for the job. I've never committed a crime, I hardly ever drink, I don't use drugs, I'm not in debt up to my head, and I quit smoking a month before I met my investigator... 13 months later here I am still waiting to be cleared...3 months after responding to the NOPA (which they haven't even touched yet).
          Some are very lucky and get the job in a few months, others are stuck in the waiting game...
          The funny thing is that the Adjudicators keep feeding me the line that they have other "priorities", but come on 13 months in it and 3 months with a NOPA response on their desk, and they keep claiming they have other priorities, as if my investigation is not as important as someone else's...

Sorry for going off track a bit, but it is to show the reality of the process... some get it good, some just get crapped on...

Hang in there buddy, it will happen. I know how frustrating and discouraging it can get. I thought January was for sure going to be the month that damn "pending" sign would change from a horrible blue to a wonderful green saying "complete", but alas...nothing. Febuary is a new month, and all we can do is wait and hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
            I'm starting to worry about my drug test. Hehe before you jump to conclusions, I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin. Two days later I had a drug test and was told that the lab will contact me if there is anything in question. Well, I took the whiz quiz on Friday morning and it's almost Tuesday and no call from the lab.
            They did not want to know what medications I was on at the time.
            Your "whiz" is sealed, packaged and sent out to the medical unit for them to conduct the tests. It will take about 2 weeks to clear, and if you explained the reason for having that medication on your system it shouldn't be a problem.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Schem86 View Post
              If you already have a secret clearance does that expedite the process? or is the clearance required for CBP top secret? Thanks.
              For those others who are interested, it doesn't matter what clearance you already hold, it will not, in most cases, make your BI go any faster. CBP will do an SSBI on you for a LEO job, not for granting access to classified information, like the military. You will have to provide more information for the LEO clearance than you would if you were looking to gain access to classified information. I had an SSBI adjudicated in July 2007 for access to classified and again in December 2007 for CBPO.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• How may '08 summertime TSU people for Newark, NJ left on this thread. It has gotta be soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  How may '08 summertime TSU people for Newark, NJ left on this thread. It has gotta be soon.
                  I'm for Newark in TSU since 12/15 and began the entire process Feb '07.

Patience is truly a virtue!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                    I'm for Newark in TSU since 12/15 and began the entire process Feb '07.

Patience is truly a virtue!!
                    TSU 8/8/08, along with some other people here who have been waiting since 07/31/08 in TSU. Have been patient and still am. I am only inquiring because we have all been following it closely together, and we know that we are very close. Other than the one person on the 31st, July is done. All of us people after that are just checking in once in a while, waiting "patiently", haha!
                    Just checking in. Our time is upon us. Keep the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                      TSU 8/8/08, along with some other people here who have been waiting since 07/31/08 in TSU. Have been patient and still am. I am only inquiring because we have all been following it closely together, and we know that we are very close. Other than the one person on the 31st, July is done. All of us people after that are just checking in once in a while, waiting "patiently", haha!
                      Just checking in. Our time is upon us. Keep the faith!
                      What happends if while your waiting in TSU you get fired from your day job or layed-off, will the look down upon that?

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                        For those others who are interested, it doesn't matter what clearance you already hold, it will not, in most cases, make your BI go any faster. CBP will do an SSBI on you for a LEO job, not for granting access to classified information, like the military. You will have to provide more information for the LEO clearance than you would if you were looking to gain access to classified information. I had an SSBI adjudicated in July 2007 for access to classified and again in December 2007 for CBPO.
                        Well you use the opm.gov e-qip for CBP and for military. So beyond that i guess its just up to who is investigating you to decide how much they are gonna snoop around.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                          What happends if while your waiting in TSU you get fired from your day job or layed-off, will the look down upon that?
                          I dont know the answer to that. Were you fired or layed off? What are the circumstances? Layed off shouldnt be a problem. Fired depends on the circumstances, and that is something you should take up with them. Dont try to hide it because it will turn around and bite you in the ***.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                            hey guys sorry for the bad intel. I received my fed ex papers today. Im in class 934. Feltc date march 12. I just want to say wats up and good luck to any of my fellow classmates that are going to be there on that date also.
                            ey!! I report on march 12 as well......just got the call yesterday.....awaiting official papers in the mail.....MIA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                              hey guys sorry for the bad intel. I received my fed ex papers today. Im in class 934. Feltc date march 12. I just want to say wats up and good luck to any of my fellow classmates that are going to be there on that date also.
                              Ey!! I have to report to FLETC on march 12......EOD feb 17...just got the call yesterday.....awaiting official papers in the mail.....MIA...

Comment

• I JUST GOT THE CALL ... EOD Feb 23 at Long Beach Port.... report to FLETC Mar 19th...... can't believe it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12960 users online. 445 members and 12515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X