Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, the next 6 months of getting jerked around are gonna be worse!
    amen

    Comment


    • AS others have stated the number of push ups depends on your instructor. We didn't do more than 10 in a row, although they were part of burpees/bodybuilders. Our instructor did not like push ups and thought they were about useless, except for punishment.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

      For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

      Comment


      • ...............................................
        Last edited by OVERCBPII; 06-23-2009, 04:16 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          AS others have stated the number of push ups depends on your instructor. We didn't do more than 10 in a row, although they were part of burpees/bodybuilders. Our instructor did not like push ups and thought they were about useless, except for punishment.
          damn i used to hate burpees during high school football practice...well at least i won't have shoulder pads and a helmet on at FLETC.....i hope lol

          Comment


          • Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
            First day at work guys.
            You sound excited! Can't wait to be in your shoes man. I'll more than likely be as thrilled as you, in starting a possible great career with CBP.

            Comment


            • Hello All, I finally received a TO today for North Dakota. As you can imagine was quite happy to see that priority mail package sitting there when I opened the mail box. I'll be turning 37 in a few months and I didn't think I was going to make it for CBPO. I'm already in process for BP so hopefully that will speed this along concerning my BI.

              So, to all those waiting: Don't give up!!

              Merlin, Thanks for the advice about calling MHC and letting them know about my age. I did call them and I'm sure it helped. By the way, I've always wondered what port you work at?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jkoves View Post
                Hello All, I finally received a TO today for North Dakota. As you can imagine was quite happy to see that priority mail package sitting there when I opened the mail box. I'll be turning 37 in a few months and I didn't think I was going to make it for CBPO. I'm already in process for BP so hopefully that will speed this along concerning my BI.

                So, to all those waiting: Don't give up!!

                Merlin, Thanks for the advice about calling MHC and letting them know about my age. I did call them and I'm sure it helped. By the way, I've always wondered what port you work at?

                Your BI isn't going to move any faster, regardless of how many CBP jobs you've applied to.

                As for where I am, we might have that discussion at some point in the future. For now though, I'm staying anonymous. Nothing personal, J.

                Comment


                • hey guys sorry for the bad intel. I received my fed ex papers today. Im in class 934. Feltc date march 12. I just want to say wats up and good luck to any of my fellow classmates that are going to be there on that date also.
                  Last edited by Orleanian84; 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM. Reason: .
                  "Do you have an appointment?"

                  -Gupta Rajan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Your BI isn't going to move any faster, regardless of how many CBP jobs you've applied to.

                    As for where I am, we might have that discussion at some point in the future. For now though, I'm staying anonymous. Nothing personal, J.
                    Merlin, I completely understand. Thanks again for all the advice. I really do appreciate it. I was hoping that the BI for BP that started a month ago would transfer over and I would be a month ahead. Oh well...

                    Do you know if they still granting in-term or provisional clearances for CBPO's? In my packet there is a statement of understanding for a provisional clear BI so I'm assuming yes but I know BP has done away with them.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jkoves View Post
                      Merlin, I completely understand. Thanks again for all the advice. I really do appreciate it. I was hoping that the BI for BP that started a month ago would transfer over and I would be a month ahead. Oh well...

                      Do you know if they still granting in-term or provisional clearances for CBPO's? In my packet there is a statement of understanding for a provisional clear BI so I'm assuming yes but I know BP has done away with them.
                      Well then...I got good news for you. Your BI for BPA and your BI for CBPO...they're now one and the same. I guess you could say you're a month up on things.

                      What I was saying is that multiple jobs applications don't affect the overall speed of the BI.

                      As far as the provisional clearances go...I thought that they were as dead for CBP/OFO as the are for CBP/OBP. Recent talk suggests otherwise. If you've received the paperwork for a provisional clearance, I'd say that's a fair sign that CBP/OFO is still utilizing them.

                      Comment


                      • Hey Washingtonians, I tested on 12/9 and applied for Washington - Northern Border. I received my TO in the mail today and hope some of you did as well. Just giving you a heads up in case you are getting anxious.
                        Written: 12/9
                        NOR: 12/12 (94)
                        TO: 1/29
                        VBT: 2/26 completed
                        Medical: 4/27 completed
                        Fitness: 3/2 completed
                        Drug: 3/12 completed
                        BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                        Quals: completed on 3/19
                        The Call: 4/27
                        EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                        FLETC: 7/1

                        Comment


                        • If you already have a secret clearance does that expedite the process? or is the clearance required for CBP top secret? Thanks.
                          TO: 1/29/09
                          Fitness: 4/1/09 passed
                          Medical: 4/1/09 passed
                          VBT: 3/20/09 eligible
                          Drug Test: 4/1/09 passed
                          Met with BI: 4/7/09
                          Quals: GS-7
                          BI: Done
                          TSU: 7/2/09

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Schem86 View Post
                            If you already have a secret clearance does that expedite the process? or is the clearance required for CBP top secret? Thanks.
                            No. You will start from scratch. I know this from personal experience (active Secret with Army) and from the words out of the HR lady's mouth from MHC. My BI has been in the security office for 11 weeks and counting, haven't even met with my BI yet. My background is complicated though so I expect it will take a while.

                            Comment


                            • T.O.'s went out for East Texas, got mine today!
                              CBPO:
                              EXAM: 8/08
                              NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
                              T.O.: 2/2/09
                              GEO - E. TX
                              Forms - 2/6/09
                              Quals - 4/13/09
                              Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
                              VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
                              UDS - 6/24/09
                              BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
                              Fitness - 3/9/09
                              TSU - 7/2/09
                              ___________________

                              Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
                              GEO: VT
                              NOR: 99 (GS-11)
                              T.O.: 10/28/09
                              B.I.: clr 3/12/10
                              E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

                              Comment


                              • Seems like today was a TO day for a lot of people!

                                Now we need "you're healthy day” and “you can walk for 5 minutes day” followed by “you are not a terrorist day”.

                                Suddenly it looks all so simple

                                CBPO Timeline
                                Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                                NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                                Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                                Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                                Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                                BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                                Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                                The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                                EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                                FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                                Graduation: 10/14/09

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10255 users online. 466 members and 9789 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X