Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dont laugh I am sure it is obvious to all of you that I am a girl, but I went to my friends house tonight for a little get together and he is CBP and we were talking flect and training and what was going on at the bridge well this question jumped into my head that I really had not seen on here so I asked him So when they have you do pushups do they let the girls do girl pushups, he laughed his A** off and said girl you better start practicing because you all do them the same so if there are any girls on here get to work I can do a MAN pushup but not nearly as well as a girls.. Again dont laugh it was an honest question I have been preping but not for this....lol
    Tested March 08
    TO June 08
    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
    VBT complete 08 passed
    Qualification GS-5 September 08
    BI September 08 complete April 09

    FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

    Comment


    • Buses

      with all of the hoopla about over crowded barracks and double bunking, I have an important question. If I am stuck in a hotel when is the last bus out of FLETC. This is very important to me because I like late hours at the gym when noone is there. Someone in a past post said said you find out where you are staying after you get there. It determines whether I fly or drive down. Dont want to do rush hour in the gym just so I can catch the last bus.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by co94 View Post
        with all of the hoopla about over crowded barracks and double bunking, I have an important question. If I am stuck in a hotel when is the last bus out of FLETC. This is very important to me because I like late hours at the gym when noone is there. Someone in a past post said said you find out where you are staying after you get there. It determines whether I fly or drive down. Dont want to do rush hour in the gym just so I can catch the last bus.
        It's unlikely that you'd be off base for an extended period of time. Even if you started there, when a class graduates those rooms open, so they should move you back on base. If you are THAT worried about the transportation, you'd be a candidate to drive down there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by girly View Post
          dont laugh I am sure it is obvious to all of you that I am a girl, but I went to my friends house tonight for a little get together and he is CBP and we were talking flect and training and what was going on at the bridge well this question jumped into my head that I really had not seen on here so I asked him So when they have you do pushups do they let the girls do girl pushups, he laughed his A** off and said girl you better start practicing because you all do them the same so if there are any girls on here get to work I can do a MAN pushup but not nearly as well as a girls.. Again dont laugh it was an honest question I have been preping but not for this....lol
          Well let me tell you from experience, that they would rather you do "girl" push-ups when you tire out than just lay there and not try. That goes for guys as well.

          Comment


          • How many of you guys out there tested in July/August and have not received a Tentative Offer? I'm still waiting for VT, My score was 88.
            ICE SA
            FLETC - MAY 10th Class

            Comment


            • here is a question for anyone who might know the answer. The annoucement for cbpo just came out this past week, but it does not have florida in the geographical areas. It looks to me that they are for the southern border and northern border ;in WA state. Does this mean they won't be hiring down in florida any time soon? If they are when might that be? Should I take my chances and switch from florida geo area to one of the new ones, WA state or Tx? Any input or help will be very appreciated.

              Comment


              • If you already applied for Florida why would you switch in hopes of another announcement for Florida? No one can tell you when another announcement will come out and what the locations will be if one does.

                Comment


                • I have a quick question, I am researching this position before I apply. I have read most of this Forum. I am trying to find out, I have a close relative who is an Overstay. They are filing the I-485 within the next week. How much will this hinder me in the application process?

                  Thanks,
                  Weebro

                  Comment


                  • ...........
                    Last edited by Orleanian84; 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM. Reason: wrong date... again!
                    "Do you have an appointment?"

                    -Gupta Rajan

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Weebro View Post
                      I have a quick question, I am researching this position before I apply. I have read most of this Forum. I am trying to find out, I have a close relative who is an Overstay. They are filing the I-485 within the next week. How much will this hinder me in the application process?

                      Thanks,
                      Weebro
                      Would you be willing to arrest your relative and have them removed from the US? It wouldn't be wise to apply if you have contact with or a relationship with someone who is actively breaking state or federal law. Especially laws you will be charged to enforce if hired.

                      Edit to add: Even with a valid petition, the person is still out of status or EWI, depending on how they entered. They are not legally in the US until they have an adjustment of status.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                        On average, how many push-ups will they make you get down and do? 20? How many can you expect to do in a day? Is it more during physical training or do they order you to do push-ups at random times? I'm good for 25-30, but if they say drop and give me 50, I might have some trouble.
                        Expect some trouble.

                        You'll do push-ups in PC class. You'll do push-ups outside during running. You'll do them if and when someone in your class screws up.

                        Sheesh, you tested in mid August, you've had months to prepare for this...what were you thinking?


                        Edited to add: If anybody is not able to do at least 50 push-ups/sit-ups and 5 pull-ups today...get there. Else you'll be struggling too.
                        Last edited by merlin436; 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM. Reason: addition

                        Comment


                        • I am scheduled to be in a hotel for my entire stay at FLETC (105 nights). I do not believe that there are any buses that run after 7:30pm. They do issue you a bus schedule but it varies greatly based on the current off housing accommodations at that time. Further, I have not heard of anyone having to do 50 consecutive pushups. This varies greatly based on your PT instructor. 50 is certainly a mark that you should be at but as long as you can do your 1.5 mile run… there is no other PT standard that they can actually hold you to. As bad as this sounds…. they can yell at you and coerce you … but at the end of the academy the run is all you need to do PT wise to pass.
                          Last edited by gms632; 02-01-2009, 08:30 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                            Further, I have not heard of anyone having to do 50 consecutive pushups. This varies greatly based on your PT instructor. 50 is certainly a mark that you should be at but as long as you can do your 1.5 mile run… there is no other PT standard that they can actually hold you to. As bad as this sounds…. they can yell at you and coerce you … but at the end of the academy the run is all you need to do PT wise to pass.
                            I know what the minimum is to pass and you're right, 50 push-ups isn't part of it.

                            If someone can't do 50 push-ups though, good luck making it to the end of the academy. He's putting himself at a much greater risk of injury and dropping/flunking out.

                            Personally, I'd rather see you in good shape with a 99% chance of making it through till the end than in mediocre shape with a 75% chance of making it through. It's all up to you guys though.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I know what the minimum is to pass and you're right, 50 push-ups isn't part of it.

                              If someone can't do 50 push-ups though, good luck making it to the end of the academy. He's putting himself at a much greater risk of injury and dropping/flunking out.

                              Personally, I'd rather see you in good shape with a 99% chance of making it through till the end than in mediocre shape with a 75% chance of making it through. It's all up to you guys though.
                              passing is passing, i do not care whether you are at 75% or 99%. please don't assume thing when you don't know about other physique.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by waiting.waiting View Post
                                passing is passing, i do not care whether you are at 75% or 99%. please don't assume thing when you don't know about other physique.
                                Way to aim high!

                                Merlin, I see you guys are still hiring clerks with guns...

                                Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
                                No
                                Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
                                No
                                Occupation:
                                unemploy
                                Location:
                                ca

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8912 users online. 432 members and 8480 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X