300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
    hm dabonk, looks like me and you have the same looking process going on. maybe we'll clear out the rest at the same time too.
    Pretty much the same thing here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer13 View Post
      Got "THE CALL"...sweet!!!!!!!!! EOD Houston Intercontinental Feb 17th, and FLETC March 5th!!!! East Texas, it's our turn now, asked about NYC/JFK but she couldn't tell me anything. Good luck to those of you waiting, and see some of you soon>> LOLZ LOLZ!!!!
      Flyer 13,

Congrats, What locations did they offer you? I am hoping a "call" for me is not far behind.
      CBPO
      Tested - 8/21/08
      TO - 9/23/08
      TSU - 12/23/08
      Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• I got my letter stating I qualified for gs-7 level! Yey.
        I just don't understand why CASS still has "Qualifications Pending"
        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
          I got my letter stating I qualified for gs-7 level! Yey.
          I just don't understand why CASS still has "Qualifications Pending"
          It's always delayed. People have completed training at FLETC with some of their stuff in CASS still saying "Pending".

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            It's always delayed. People have completed training at FLETC with some of their stuff in CASS still saying "Pending".
            Not the kind of boat you want to be in when it comes to the BI. I think i'd rather just wait it out than have to go through all of fletc and still go back to your POE with no badge and just answering phones.

Comment

• I meant that everything was technically cleared and completed, but CASS just wasn't updated to reflect that, but you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                I meant that everything was technically cleared and completed, but CASS just wasn't updated to reflect that, but you're right.
                Oh yeah, yeah, true, true. Never actually heard of that. I've heard more along the lines of something showed "completed" but technically was not.

Comment

• I test the 28th of February. One individual I spoke to, who use to work as a CBP Officer, said that some people are getting hired in as quick as six months. Who knows if that's true, that is just what I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNewbie View Post
                    I test the 28th of February. One individual I spoke to, who use to work as a CBP Officer, said that some people are getting hired in as quick as six months. Who knows if that's true, that is just what I was told.
                    Yes, it is true. Some people who applied last July/August are already at the academy or are scheduled to be there shortly.

Comment

• Are you allowed to do the Run with headphones in? A lot of agencies let you. Just wondering about FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by cart pusher View Post
                        Are you allowed to do the Run with headphones in? A lot of agencies let you. Just wondering about FLETC.
                        On your free time, yes. For official training purposes, nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                          How is the weather at fletc during the summer? Do you run as much as other times of year?

Those of you who are cbpo already, or those becoming. If you meet someone casually for the evening and they ask what you do, are you honest? or tell them something else. I guess it is personal preference but I know many don't like to tell people they are LE until they know someone more.
                          Prepare to sweat like no other. It is hot, humid and oppressively sunny. And to make it worse the gnats there are attracted to sweat and attack you relentlessly! But just to show im not all pessimism, i'd rather be there in the summer than in the frozen piles of Michigan snow im in now!

Comment

How is the weather at fletc during the summer? Do you run as much as other times of year?

Those of you who are cbpo already, or those becoming. If you meet someone casually for the evening and they ask what you do, are you honest? or tell them something else. I guess it is personal preference but I know many don't like to tell people they are LE until they know someone more.
                            Im not CBPO but local law enforcement and I have always said I drive a beer truck. Sounded like a fun job to me...

Comment

Honestly, even if I tell people what I do, most don't understand it or have never heard of it. I'll usually get "Oh, so you work for TSA?" So, I just tell people I'm a Customs officer. If I don't trust them, I tell them I work for a shipping firm.

Comment

• I tell people I assemble bicycles at Walmart. No one could give a rat's &^% about a backroom Walmart guy.

On the SB I would never tell anyone what I do. It's potentially that dangerous.

Even on the NB, it's not all that wise. Roughly a year ago, one of the NB CBPO's I know was confronted and sucker-punched while walking down the sidewalk because shooting BP got into a few weeks before. Then there's everyone and his cousin who comes up to you and tells you a tale about how is son/daughter/brother/father/uncle/wife/etc. was pulled over by the State Police/Sheriff/RCMP/BP/Highway Patrol/QPP/OPP/etc. and got whatever ticket they deserved...or even let go with a warning. On top of that, there's always the Customs/Immigration questions you'll get hit with a lot of the time.

Granted, I live in a small town and in a rural area...most folks know what I do without me telling them. I've had folks come up to me 120 miles from my place and ask me if I worked the border, folks I've never seen or know. If I lived where I could have a certain amount of anonymity by not talking of my job off-duty, I'd gladly take it. Off-duty it's real nice to be off-duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8013 users online. 319 members and 7694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X