• Show
Clear All

• Just got the grade. 85.
    Math sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruindit View Post
      Just got the grade. 85.
      Math sucks.
      When did you take the test? Did you get the grade by email, regular mail, or what?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
        When did you take the test? Did you get the grade by email, regular mail, or what?

Thanks
        hey bro, just go to www.applicationmanager.org and you can see your NOR (notice of results) online there.

Comment

• Took the test on 11/06 in NYC. Got the grade in the mail on Saturday. The friggin envelope looked like a junk mail - I almost tossed it.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            hey bro, just go to www.applicationmanager.org and you can see your NOR (notice of results) online there.
            I did, but my application is not showing up.. Maybe it hasnt been long enough..

Comment

• I meant no ill will to you Capone. I guess my real message was to be careful making cash the primary motivator in your endeavors. Not that there's anything wrong with it...but after a time money fails to satisfy and if you're truly unhappy with what you're doing, difficult days lie ahead. Been there. I schlepped stocks, bonds, and mutual funds for nearly ten years before I got fed up enough to leave that business. You sound like you'll be ok though. Best to you.

And Hammer Monkey, I've been briefed on the current state of affairs at CBP. Further, my grandfather retired from U.S. Customs 30 years ago so I've heard many a war story. Not saying I've got the full scoop but I've got booth eyes wide open and am ready for the crap. There are opportunities within CBP that are quite varied and I have no intention of living in a booth for the rest of my career. Well, that's how I hope it works out. At this point all I can do is go for it.
              ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Ok so dumb question that's probably been answered.

I gather that if I got accepted, I'd see the first and probably second year, primarily in a booth stamping passports? Is there some variety in daily assignments to make the job worth it for the first couple of years?

Comment

• Originally posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
                  Ok so dumb question that's probably been answered.

I gather that if I got accepted, I'd see the first and probably second year, primarily in a booth stamping passports? Is there some variety in daily assignments to make the job worth it for the first couple of years?
                  You don't stamp anything in the booth. All immigration matters are referred inside to other officers who do that. Your going to need to work the line as almost 99.99% of all of us have before you. It is where you will learn the job first and foremost. After you do a good job at that, you will be allowed to be laterally trained in other areas such as Immigration, VACIS, Cargo, Training Officer, and Anti-Terrorism Enforcement Team.

Your variety is really made up by what type port you are going to. I started in El Paso, Texas, and if you wanted to get off the line, you caught a load of dope and worked it from the moment you cuff the person until you actually put the narcotics into the storage vault.

Now, you are going to have your hands full of just keeping up with what the computer tells you to do. There are so many different things to stay on top of inside that booth, that you need to really pay attention.

Comment

• new hiring

Just wanted to ask that if anyone who applied for the oct. 17 hiring gets any action other than the test results, to post whats going on. Got email saying they have made no selections yet, but i find that kinda hard to swallow. Just wanna stay on top of whos getting what, to see how fast CBP is gonna move on this hiring.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Just wanted to ask that if anyone who applied for the oct. 17 hiring gets any action other than the test results, to post whats going on. Got email saying they have made no selections yet, but i find that kinda hard to swallow. Just wanna stay on top of whos getting what, to see how fast CBP is gonna move on this hiring.
                      Thanks
                      When did you get that email? Did you test in Detroit on 11/1?

Patriot72

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrio72 View Post
                        When did you get that email? Did you test in Detroit on 11/1?

Patriot72
                        I actually didnt test for this announcement. I tested last may of 2006. they actually honored my old test score and applied it to this hiring. I emailed the hiring center just looking for an application status and thats what they told me.

Comment

• I received the notice today stating that I passed. They said that it was going to take 4 to 6 weeks...they lied.

Comment

• Checked today.. Got a 95, no vet preference..
                            Tested 11/14

Comment

• 1st Week! "The Chicken"

The chicken is not so bad...It's just not so good. The first week was pretty tough. They throw a lot at you all at once. Once you get used to fletc, its kind of nice here. I did my run 1.5 mile run today, finished with a minute to spare. For all those that hope to be fletc bound someday. Make sure you prepare yourself for this run before you get here. I must admit that I am in PAIN as I type this posting in my room. I did not prepare myself enough for the run and ADVIL is best friend tonight. Only about 70 more days togo.
                              CBP
                              Written Test - 2/7/07
                              TO - 3/10/07 SF CA.
                              SF86 - Completed *Recieved
                              Qualifications - *6/27/07 Cleared for GS5
                              Med. - 3/9/07 *Cleared
                              Structured - 6/22/07 *Cleared
                              Drug -7/10/07 *Cleared
                              B.I. - 10/01/07 Cleared
                              Fitness - 3/9/07 *Cleared
                              EOD- 10/29/07

IEA
                              Written Test - 5/17/07
                              NOR - 6/7/07 93.9
                              COE - 6/30/07
                              SF86 - Mailed 7/9/07
                              Fitness - Scheduled 7/19/07 Completed
                              Med & Drug - Completed from CBP
                              Interview- 8/1/07 Completed

Comment

• Originally posted by FmrHammerMonkey View Post
                                You don't stamp anything in the booth. All immigration matters are referred inside to other officers who do that. Your going to need to work the line as almost 99.99% of all of us have before you. It is where you will learn the job first and foremost. After you do a good job at that, you will be allowed to be laterally trained in other areas such as Immigration, VACIS, Cargo, Training Officer, and Anti-Terrorism Enforcement Team.

Your variety is really made up by what type port you are going to. I started in El Paso, Texas, and if you wanted to get off the line, you caught a load of dope and worked it from the moment you cuff the person until you actually put the narcotics into the storage vault.

Now, you are going to have your hands full of just keeping up with what the computer tells you to do. There are so many different things to stay on top of inside that booth, that you need to really pay attention.
                                I see. Well I didn't expect anything glamorous from the get go, but this info is pretty helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6534 users online. 239 members and 6295 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X