300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
    New anouncements showed no love to the east coast lol. There are so many of us waiting to switch over to NJ-Newark Or JFK. I Guess i will keep waiting on a TO for PA for now.
    Yeah, the announcement reads more like a Border Patrol Vacancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
      new mexico laredo texas which is better for kids? just checking
      That's a tough call, but I would have to say New Mexico. I'm not crazy about Laredo because of all the bad things going on in Nuevo Laredo which is just across the border.

With that said The Marshals are telling me if and when I get offered a job it will most likely be in Laredo. To me it is not a deal breaker but I can think of better places.

(I have never been there just what I have gathered from researching on my own.)

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
        Nyc all locations was my first choice now I can't even get FLA
        LOL, and im trying to get NYC to get out off FLA all locations.
        N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
        Passed:Medical (1/2009)
        Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
        Passed(2:50):JST
        Passed:Mini-Medical
        January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
        Medical: Passed
        PT Test: Passed
        Qualifications GS7: Done
        VBT: Passed
        Backround: Done
        Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
        Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
        Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
        CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Just wondering, how many % of people actually pass all the test? and what's the chance of passing the tests and finally get call up? Does anybody know? i guess i have my post test syndrome. lol

out of 100 ppl. how many people pass the written test? ___ people

Out of the people that pass the test, how many ppl will get call up?
          100-90 - __ % call up?
          80-90 - __% call up?
          70-80 - __% call up?

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
            Nordy

you finally got your call?
            NOPE...

Comment

i think it should be okay... cause mostly they hire once a year.. ause i pass my test in Dec.. they shouldn't be re-hiring so soon... may be to june... have another hiring.. but not too early.

if i were u .. i will make sure your BI will soon be finish!!! good luck
              i have 2 friends that are located at the Long Beach Port. i asked them and they stated not to worry. calls should be coming out soon for LAX / LB..

Comment

Just wondering, how many % of people actually pass all the test? and what's the chance of passing the tests and finally get call up? Does anybody know? i guess i have my post test syndrome. lol

out of 100 ppl. how many people pass the written test? ___ people

Out of the people that pass the test, how many ppl will get call up?
                100-90 - __ % call up?
                80-90 - __% call up?
                70-80 - __% call up?
                I can give you an example of the day I tested:
                Aug 07' at Long Beach Convention Center about 500 tested, less than 100 passed. Although it was a condensed testing site that day and everyone that passed got a TO (the same day). From then on it all goes to Passing all of the other steps, to which the BI could leave you hanging because of whatever reason.

As to Scores,
                It all depends on the port size and needs of the port you are applying to, a Huge POE will more likely send out TO's to those who score in the 80's and even 70's. Medium to small POE's will most likely only pick up those in the 90's, just because they don't have the need for so many people.

The first hurdle is getting your TO, since they are given out by score order, after that the next big hurdle is the BI.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Movement?

Any one making any moves today? Seems like Friday is usual day for people to see progress. Just curious if anyone has any updates.

Comment

• barnaj, I'm still stuck here waiting in MI too. Quals and background have been pending since Sept. and Nov. respectively. I had a friend that tested one week prior to me the first week in August and he is already in GA. I don't know whats going on, but it's starting to be painful.

Comment

• *SIGH*

Why is it that no one gets the hiring/BI process? It's not simple..it's not easy and it doesn't happen over night. You want quick...watch TV. TV solves all it's problems in less than an hour. Uncle Sugar does not.

You shouldn't go phoning IA...they're busy. If IA needs something from you...guess what?...IA will be contacting you. Truthfully, you most likely shouldn't be phoning anyone, unless they're requesting you to. Phoning takes away from people's time. Someone has to answer the phone. That means someone is dropping what they're working on at the moment to pick up your call. Not working; stuck answering calls means the whole process goes slower for you and everybody else. If you need to contact someone...email them. Emails can be read and answered at anytime.

The average BI takes roughly 6-18 months. Notice the words "average" and "roughly". That means that many BI's take longer. Your friends, family, in-laws may be issues, especially if any are aliens, criminals or otherwise of interest. If you've held many jobs, moved a lot, worked in positions where it's possible that you could have misused sensitive information or your authority, your BI is probably going to take longer. That may include people with current clearances; you've got access to privilege information, someone might want to check out that you've not abused your access.

No one has to like it, but that's how it is. The system was never set up to please anybody, nor was it put in place expedite anyone through. It's set up to provide for some sort of order to 1000's of applications and to eventually fill 100's of positions.

In time, it'll all come to you. Sit back, go about life as if you never applied. Someday, at some time, your number will be called.

Comment

• Barnaj:
                        Now that is the best thing ive read on this forum! Hope it is accurate, where did you hear this?

Girly
                        I have a friend that works up there and another who knows other people that work up there and at other spots in the area.
                        Last edited by girly; 01-30-2009, 05:21 PM.
                        Tested March 08
                        TO June 08
                        Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                        VBT complete 08 passed
                        Qualification GS-5 September 08
                        BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                        NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          *SIGH*

Why is it that no one gets the hiring/BI process? It's not simple..it's not easy and it doesn't happen over night. You want quick...watch TV. TV solves all it's problems in less than an hour. Uncle Sugar does not.

You shouldn't go phoning IA...they're busy. If IA needs something from you...guess what?...IA will be contacting you. Truthfully, you most likely shouldn't be phoning anyone, unless they're requesting you to. Phoning takes away from people's time. Someone has to answer the phone. That means someone is dropping what they're working on at the moment to pick up your call. Not working; stuck answering calls means the whole process goes slower for you and everybody else. If you need to contact someone...email them. Emails can be read and answered at anytime.

The average BI takes roughly 6-18 months. Notice the words "average" and "roughly". That means that many BI's take longer. Your friends, family, in-laws may be issues, especially if any are aliens, criminals or otherwise of interest. If you've held many jobs, moved a lot, worked in positions where it's possible that you could have misused sensitive information or your authority, your BI is probably going to take longer. That may include people with current clearances; you've got access to privilege information, someone might want to check out that you've not abused your access.

No one has to like it, but that's how it is. The system was never set up to please anybody, nor was it put in place expedite anyone through. It's set up to provide for some sort of order to 1000's of applications and to eventually fill 100's of positions.

In time, it'll all come to you. Sit back, go about life as if you never applied. Someday, at some time, your number will be called.
                          +1. Should be made a sticky for every page as we cover this everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            +1. Should be made a sticky for every page as we cover this everyday.
                            LOL I had someone who is a friend of my husbands call me today complaining about how long it has taken and he just finished doing his BI in november I was laughing and I find myself saying that same line all the time patience wait it will come even if it drives you to the looney bin beforehand,,,LOL
                            Tested March 08
                            TO June 08
                            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                            VBT complete 08 passed
                            Qualification GS-5 September 08
                            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post

As to Scores,
                              It all depends on the port size and needs of the port you are applying to, a Huge POE will more likely send out TO's to those who score in the 80's and even 70's. Medium to small POE's will most likely only pick up those in the 90's, just because they don't have the need for so many people.

Well...not necessarily true. In many ways a smaller port/geographical area may actually send out TO to lower scores than a larger port/geographical area.

Much has to do with how willing people are to work in a location and the size of it's pool. Lots of folks are willing to work in places like Port Huron, Michigan, much fewer are willing to work places like in Pittsburg, NH.

If JFK needs 100 officers and ND needs 40 and JFK has 1000 applicants and ND has 100 applicants, chances are ND will be drawing from the lower scores in their pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                I can give you an example of the day I tested:
                                Aug 07' at Long Beach Convention Center about 500 tested, less than 100 passed. Although it was a condensed testing site that day and everyone that passed got a TO (the same day). From then on it all goes to Passing all of the other steps, to which the BI could leave you hanging because of whatever reason.

As to Scores,

The first hurdle is getting your TO, since they are given out by score order, after that the next big hurdle is the BI.
                                thx yoda!! you always a great help!

It makes me feel better now.. only 20% of ppl passing. and I score on high 80's...

I'll pray for the TO then.. (the package.. correct?) Thx again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7536 users online. 402 members and 7134 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X