300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Double Post.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 01-30-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by waiting.waiting View Post
      Don't get depress over it. i have been waiting for la/lb for six months now and still waiting for IA respond. two more weeks before i can bug the hell out of them.

don't quit your current job and not to put too much hope on it.
      did you apply in august 08? how long do you wait till you contact IA and how did you get their number? I met with my BI early dec and i guess he finished the file around first week of January. I haven't heard from anyone since....
      CBPO
      Written: 08/18/08
      NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
      TO: 09/23/08
      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
      Medical: Completed 12/08
      Drug Test: Completed 11/08
      Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
      VBT: Completed 11/08
      BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
      Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
      3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNewbie View Post
        Well I am about to apply for the CBP position. I am pretty sure I am qualified for the position according to the job posting requirements. I just want to make sure I qualified.

I have been a police officer for about 13 months, and I have held various jobs for the past 2-3 years prior to me becoming an officer. I also have around 44 college hours. This does meet the requirements, correct?

Also, what are the chances of me being stuck at an Airport if I select the Texas/New Mexico CMC or the Washington Northern Border locations?
        Thanks and good luck to all those applying!
        Depending on how well you can write you should qualify as a GS-7, just on your LE experience alone. Most likely you will wind up at a land border if you put in for Texas/New Mexico. Although in Washington there are a couple larger seaports/airports. It really is just a numbers game. There are more people at the land borders, so there are more people to quit resulting in more openings to be filled.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
          did you apply in august 08? how long do you wait till you contact IA and how did you get their number? I met with my BI early dec and i guess he finished the file around first week of January. I haven't heard from anyone since....
          You have a long wait. I would NOT be contacting IA if it's only been a month. Backgrounds generally take 6-18months to clear.

Comment

• That last announcement was disappointing. With all the talk about career fairs and hiring increases you think there would have been more than 6 locations opening up. Does anyone Know how often they do a nationwide announcement? Do they do one once a year? Is there a hiring
            "season". More specifically how often do they open up JFK? The officer who administered my VBT at JFK said that they are always in need of people and are constantly hiring.

Comment

• Oh man no east coast! I'm not happy today trying to get out of Northern border all locations

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                That last announcement was disappointing. With all the talk about career fairs and hiring increases you think there would have been more than 6 locations opening up. Does anyone Know how often they do a nationwide announcement? Do they do one once a year? Is there a hiring
                "season". More specifically how often do they open up JFK? The officer who administered my VBT at JFK said that they are always in need of people and are constantly hiring.
                Nyc all locations was my first choice now I can't even get FLA

Comment

• Quick question for you guys. What do you think of the SCEP program for CBP?

Comment

• Rumor has it they will be hiring 50 at the bridge Port Huron MI in Febuary and another 50 in April.....Here is hoping that my call is coming soon.
                    Tested March 08
                    TO June 08
                    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                    VBT complete 08 passed
                    Qualification GS-5 September 08
                    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• New anouncements showed no love to the east coast lol. There are so many of us waiting to switch over to NJ-Newark Or JFK. I Guess i will keep waiting on a TO for PA for now.

Comment

• link

anyone got the link to the vacency anouncment?

Comment

• new mexico laredo texas which is better for kids? just checking

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                            anyone got the link to the vacency anouncment?
                            www.usajobs.opm.gov
                            click on search
                            type in customs and border protection officer in "key word search" near top of page.
                            scroll down and hit submit.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                              You do not contact them. they will contact you. i cleared everything in July.
                              Last edited by waiting.waiting; 01-30-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                                Rumor has it they will be hiring 50 at the bridge Port Huron MI in Febuary and another 50 in April.....Here is hoping that my call is coming soon.
                                Now that is the best thing ive read on this forum! Hope it is accurate, where did you hear this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12662 users online. 461 members and 12201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X