300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
    LOL! It's the government. Nothing is ever that simple.
    You would think I would have learned that by now SLOOOOOOWWWWWW
    CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
    Test date 12/07
    EOD: 3/2/09
    FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• Originally posted by 1jay1 View Post
      Hey Merlin & Yoda,

Thanks for the info...I am waiting for a GS 7 quals with education & work experience...Everything is turned in I am currently a GS worker for the DOD, I would think they would just call HR & confirm my current GS rating..But, like the whole process, I'm just waiting...Thanks for you guys in put.

You know that makes me wonder does it even matter if you have security clearance? You figure it would be faster but like qixfeet said its the gov...

Comment

• I got my call today for new orleans! Eod feb. 17th fletc march 2nd. Wow its been a long time coming... Since before page 200 of this forum and tsu june 4th! But if anyone out there is waiting for louisiana, they have vacancies now! Thanks guys for the help here. And much credit to merlin. The man is perfect when it comes to advice. Good luck to all. And be patient to those waiting. It felt like forever but it eventually came!
        "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Congrats, I'm impressed with all the movement today.

Comment

• i know good luck man! cant wait till my turn comes arround.

Comment

• Originally Posted by XRAY View Post
              But, yeah I got the call Jan. 27, 2009 from scheduling/testing @ MHC

My port of Entry: SFO International Airport, CA

I have a EOD: Feb. 17, 2009

1st day/class @ FLETC : March 5, 2009

-------------------------
              anybody in this class as well for CBPO?

okay so i got the formal offer of employment on paper... you know the two pages that TSU fedex's to you after you accept positon...

This is what mines says...

---------------------------

Duty Location: San Francisco International Airport
              Report Date: Feburary 17, 2009
              Series, Grade Step: GS-1895-5/1

Class No: CBPI-933
              Beginning Date: March 5, 2009
              End Date: June 16,2009
              Brunswick, GA

===============

Iam so excited to go...can't wait...I hope to mingle with my fellow classmates for the CBPI-933 class... ANYBODY ELSE IN THIS CLASS...For SFO INTL Airport?

Comment

• Hey guys, so I did some searching and it seems it is best if you start studying this immigration classifications and visa categories.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0048f3d6a1RCRD

My plan is to make note cards and then carry it around with me and try to remember them when I have free time.

To those that have already been to FLETC...is it true that we will need to remember these immigration classifications and visa categories by heart? What other materials should we study before FLETC so we can get a head start? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                  Hey guys, so I did some searching and it seems it is best if you start studying this immigration classifications and visa categories.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0048f3d6a1RCRD

My plan is to make note cards and then carry it around with me and try to remember them when I have free time.

To those that have already been to FLETC...is it true that we will need to remember these immigration classifications and visa categories by heart? What other materials should we study before FLETC so we can get a head start? Thanks!

Glad you put this up I will make note cards when I get home. There's quite a bit to remember. Actually if there's any FLETC material that we could start looking over like laws, rules and regs that be awesome to know.

Comment

• curious what level of clearance CBPO receive, is the sf-86 involved?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Alright guys....

The problem is not for them to go through the whole thread before posting (which I and many others have done), but that they ask a question that has been answered a couple of pages back... meaning that if they at least read 2 or 3 pages before posting, they would've probably gotten an answer. We're all in here trying to help each other out through the whole "hurry up and wait" process, but it bothers me somewhat that some people seem to post on the thread just because the name of it is "CBP Officer" without even taking the time to catch up to a current discussion or to see if their question has been asked/answered. I mean the thread has been active for a few years now, since its original post...

now that we have all voiced our opinions on this... lets move on
                      Swear to god this argument pops up every 10-15 pages or so. Heh.

Comment

• After having utilized the "search" function, I retract my question regarding clearance. Although it is interesting and understandable to point out the clearance is not the same TS/SCI that a FBI SA would receive. Then again, the natures of the work are different.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                          curious what level of clearance CBPO receive, is the sf-86 involved?
                          I believe it qualifies you for up to and including TS/SCI

Comment

• I found this, I am just going by what this states.
                            http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho....php?p=1507820
                            Since I have no official knowledge whether the information stated is accurate or not, I will use it for reference purposes until I am a CBPO.

Comment

• For those that want to keep up...

FYI...
                              Sorry for the length but a good read on what is to come...

This Bill was introduced on Jan. 07, 2009.

H.R.264
                              Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 638. ESTABLISHMENT OF SPECIALIZED INSPECTOR OCCUPATIONS.
                              The Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish within the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection 3 distinct inspectional occupations: immigration, customs, and agriculture. These divisions shall coordinate closely with each other under the direction of a high-level official within the Bureau, but shall report to separate operational chains of command.

SEC. 639. INCREASE IN INSPECTORS AT AIRPORT AND LAND BORDER INSPECTION STATIONS.
                              In each of the fiscal years 2010 through 2014, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall increase by not less than 1,000 the number of positions for full-time active duty immigration inspectors at airport and land border inspection stations within the Department of Homeland Security above the number of such positions for which funds were allotted for the preceding fiscal year.

SEC. 640. LAW ENFORCEMENT RETIREMENT COVERAGE FOR INSPECTION OFFICERS AND OTHER EMPLOYEES.
                              (a) Amendments-

(1) FEDERAL EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM-

(A) Paragraph (17) of section 8401 of title 5, United States Code, is amended by striking `and' at the end of subparagraph (C), and by adding at the end the following:

`(E) an employee (not otherwise covered by this paragraph)--

`(i) the duties of whose position include the investigation or apprehension of individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the United States; and

`(ii) who is authorized to carry a firearm; and

`(F) an employee of the Internal Revenue Service, the duties of whose position are primarily the collection of delinquent taxes and the securing of delinquent returns;'.

(B) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 8401(17)(C) of title 5, United States Code, is amended by striking `(A) and (B)' and inserting `(A), (B), (E), and (F)'.

(2) CIVIL SERVICE RETIREMENT SYSTEM- Paragraph (20) of section 8331 of title 5, United States Code, is amended by inserting after `position.' (in the matter before subparagraph (A)) the following: `For the purpose of this paragraph, the employees described in the preceding provision of this paragraph (in the matter before `including') shall be considered to include an employee, not otherwise covered by this paragraph, who satisfies clauses (i)-(ii) of section 8401(17)(E) and an employee of the Internal Revenue Service the duties of whose position are as described in section 8401(17)(F).'.

(3) EFFECTIVE DATE- Except as provided in subsection (b), the amendments made by this subsection shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act, and shall apply only in the case of any individual first appointed (or seeking to be first appointed) as a law enforcement officer (within the meaning of those amendments) on or after such date.

(b) Treatment of Service Performed by Incumbents-

(1) LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND SERVICE DESCRIBED-

(A) LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER- Any reference to a law enforcement officer described in this paragraph refers to an individual who satisfies the requirements of section 8331(20) or 8401(17) of title 5, United States Code (relating to the definition of a law enforcement officer) by virtue of the amendments made by subsection (a).

(B) SERVICE- Any reference to service described in this paragraph refers to service performed as a law enforcement officer (as described in this paragraph).

(2) INCUMBENT DEFINED- For purposes of this subsection, the term `incumbent' means an individual who--

(A) is first appointed as a law enforcement officer (as described in paragraph (1)) before the date of the enactment of this Act; and

(B) is serving as such a law enforcement officer on such date.

(3) TREATMENT OF SERVICE PERFORMED BY INCUMBENTS-

(A) IN GENERAL- Service described in paragraph (1) which is performed by an incumbent on or after the date of the enactment of this Act shall, for all purposes (other than those to which subparagraph (B) pertains), be treated as service performed as a law enforcement officer (within the meaning of section 8331(20) or 8401(17) of title 5, United States Code, as appropriate), irrespective of how such service is treated under subparagraph (B).

(B) RETIREMENT- Service described in paragraph (1) which is performed by an incumbent before, on, or after the date of the enactment of this Act shall, for purposes of subchapter III of chapter 83 and chapter 84 of title 5, United States Code, be treated as service performed as a law enforcement officer (within the meaning of such section 8331(20) or 8401(17), as appropriate), but only if an appropriate written election is submitted to the Office of Personnel Management within 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act or before separation from Government service, whichever is earlier.

(4) INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR PRIOR SERVICE-

(A) IN GENERAL- An individual who makes an election under paragraph (3)(B) may, with respect to prior service performed by such individual, contribute to the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund the difference between the individual contributions that were actually made for such service and the individual contributions that should have been made for such service if the amendments made by subsection (a) had then been in effect.

(B) EFFECT OF NOT CONTRIBUTING- If no part of or less than the full amount required under subparagraph (A) is paid, all prior service of the incumbent shall remain fully creditable as law enforcement officer service, but the resulting annuity shall be reduced in a manner similar to that described in section 8334(d)(2) of title 5, United States Code, to the extent necessary to make up the amount unpaid.

(C) PRIOR SERVICE DEFINED- For purposes of this subsection, the term `prior service' means, with respect to any individual who makes an election under paragraph (3)(B), service (described in paragraph (1)) performed by such individual before the date as of which appropriate retirement deductions begin to be made in accordance with such election.

(5) GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTIONS FOR PRIOR SERVICE-

(A) IN GENERAL- If an incumbent makes an election under paragraph (3)(B), the agency in or under which that individual was serving at the time of any prior service (referred to in paragraph (4)) shall remit to the Office of Personnel Management, for deposit in the Treasury of the United States to the credit of the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, the amount required under subparagraph (B) with respect to such service.

(B) AMOUNT REQUIRED- The amount an agency is required to remit is, with respect to any prior service, the total amount of additional Government contributions to the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (above those actually paid) that would have been required if the amendments made by subsection (a) had then been in effect.

(C) CONTRIBUTIONS TO BE MADE RATABLY- Government contributions under this paragraph on behalf of an incumbent shall be made by the agency ratably (on at least an annual basis) over the 10-year period beginning on the date referred to in paragraph (4)(C).

(6) EXEMPTION FROM MANDATORY SEPARATION- Nothing in section 8335(b) or 8425(b) of title 5, United States Code, shall cause the involuntary separation of a law enforcement officer (as described in paragraph (1)) before the end of the 3-year period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act.

(7) REGULATIONS- The Office shall prescribe regulations to carry out this section, including--

(A) provisions in accordance with which interest on any amount under paragraph (4) or (5) shall be computed, based on section 8334(e) of title 5, United States Code; and

(B) provisions for the application of this subsection in the case of--

(i) any individual who--

(I) satisfies subparagraph (A) (but not subparagraph (B)) of paragraph (2); and

(II) serves as a law enforcement officer (as described in paragraph (1)) after the date of the enactment of this Act; and

(ii) any individual entitled to a survivor annuity (based on the service of an incumbent, or of an individual under clause (i), who dies before making an election under paragraph (3)(B)), to the extent of any rights that would then be available to the decedent (if still living).

(8) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION- Nothing in this subsection shall be considered to apply in the case of a reemployed annuitant.

SEC. 641. REESTABLISHMENT OF THE UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL ANTI-SMUGGLING UNIT.
                              The Secretary of Homeland Security shall reestablish the Anti-Smuggling Unit within the Office of United States Border Patrol, and shall immediately staff such office with a minimum of 500 criminal investigators selected from within the ranks of the United States Border Patrol. Staffing levels shall be adjusted upward periodically in accordance with workload requirements.

SEC. 642. ESTABLISHMENT OF SPECIALIZED CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR OCCUPATIONS.
                              The Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish specialized Criminal Investigator occupations within the Department: one for the investigation of violations of immigration laws, another for customs laws, and a third for agriculture laws. These divisions shall coordinate closely with each other under the direction of a high-level official within the Department, but shall report to separate operational chains of command.

SEC. 643. ESTABLISHMENT OF CAREER PATHS TO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR POSITIONS.
                              The Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that all persons selected for criminal investigator positions within the Department of Homeland Security possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience within the Department or its predecessor agencies in the specialized area of law that will be investigated.

SEC. 644. ADDITIONAL IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT AGENTS.
                              In each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall increase by not less than 500 the number of positions for full-time active duty immigration enforcement agents responsible for transporting and guarding detained aliens above the number of such positions for which funds were allotted for the preceding fiscal year.

Comment

• so does section 642 say that there are going to be criminal investigator positions in the customs department? i wonder if it is going to be like the special agent criminal investigator position in ICE. that would be sweet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10043 users online. 372 members and 9671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X